Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Simple, Simple Suggestion To Corpus's Security Camera

Makes their light blink.

Blinking lights catch people attention much, much easier than a static bright light, especially in an environment with lots of bloom and similar lights through out the level. Likely, blinking light will cause players to investigate and look at that spot, and more likely to discover the security camera, and shoot it.

hmm.. wouldn't that be making the missions some kind of amuse park ride for the Tenno? (like: who's the stupid corpus engineer that design cameras that broadcasts the equivalent of "shoot me, I am here...) I'm not opposed to making them easier to spot (or easier cameras on lower levels? then more "stealth" cameras for higher-levels?), but preferably it be done in a more .... sensible(?)  manner. fitting blinking lights..... no offense, but that's kinda.... well.. say, aren't datamass objects decorated with light bulbs (<=trying to change subject)  ;)

I was thinking that the distinct audio cue, the glow and the regular places where they are found are already clues enough, even more obvious if we have enemy sense. but I guess I can only speak for myself here.

The audio cue doesn't seem to work any longer AFAIK. 

But I don't think the cameras should be changed in any way. 

Neither more locations, nor should they have blinking lights. 

I mean, picture this scenario: 

You walk into 7-11 with the intention to steal something. 

Would you notice the camera in the corner? 

You might.

But will there be a blinking light telling you there's a camera there staring at you waiting for you to snitch something off the shelves? No. 

Also, neither will there be 15 cameras in a single 7-11. :/

Edited by parkel

If the camera is completely automated it probably uses something other than passive sensors(like a camera gathering visible light).

The blinking light could be the Warframes internal sensors picking up the camera's Ladar/Radar/generic-sci-fi-"scanner" and marking it on your hud.

If we were to have security camera to be a bit more realistic, it would,'t have a light at all.

This is just a suggestion to help the new players that gets stuck with the laser doors for the first time to figure out how to pass it.

If we were to have security camera to be a bit more realistic, it would,'t have a light at all.

This is just a suggestion to help the new players that gets stuck with the laser doors for the first time to figure out how to pass it.

Actually I'd like it where it's not a massive light, but a very small yet noticeable (if you looked) blinking light. 

That'd be nice. Would harken back to the days of MGS.

Perhaps instead of trying to make the cameras easier to notice and be hit (which is kinda silly), why not push the discussion towards how to make it such that it is easier for the players to detect the cameras instead? (i.e. change the situation/ui/frame, not the camera.. cos I get the vision that it all cameras will be painted with a bullseye and a sign that says "shoot me").

If the camera is completely automated it probably uses something other than passive sensors(like a camera gathering visible light).

The blinking light could be the Warframes internal sensors picking up the camera's Ladar/Radar/generic-sci-fi-"scanner" and marking it on your hud.

This could be viable, but only if it isn't just an "explanation to make cameras bigger targets.

Perhaps we can explore enemy sense/radar. Currently, cameras and turrets are somewhat shown as they are stationary and their height is above players, but perhaps something should be added, e.g. in-scene (3d) overlays that highlights/labels security cameras when enemy sense/radar is equipped?  Or like the above quote says, making some rays that camera emits visible (infrared/ultraviolet), which may actually show the visible cone in 3D so that the player may even want to slip by the camera unnoticed if they prefer.

In this way, the more experienced players can rely on their hearing/naked eye to find and dispatch cameras, while others can rely on mod/artifacts to do the same.

Another possible offshoot is cameras which are more stealthy on higher levels? (may not need to change the cameras, just placed in more obscure locations?)

If it was more "realistic" there wouldn't be any clunky oversized future tech cameras at all. It's a gameplay feature that doesn't work out very well with regards to teammates who don't give a damn about deactivating them and blocking the way for their fellows.

The first personal challenge to advance the mastery should perhaps be a mini mission to deactivate cameras.