The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The New Platinum Packages!

FateZero

Yeah, I honestly don't see the problem with it. It's not like they've increased the prices any, and those mods aren't overpowered. That would've been a money grab.

Besides, probably the one I want most out of all of those is Thunderbolt, and it's in the cheapest of the three.

Please note that the founder packages are still available to purchase and with the extra platinum from the founder packages, you could buy Dragon mod packs in game and potential get these 3 rare mods and still come out with more platinum than buying these new packages, however you would be at the mercy of RNG even with 2 guaranteed rare mods.

Has anyone gotten the new mods via normal means playing the game?  Just curious.  I've been getting rare warframe mods, but I haven't encountered the new ones yet.

Nah I haven't seen any yet either. More mods they put in, the harder it'll be to get specific ones though.

Edited by Numbahs

Only think I am concerned is, Grand Master packager values now is not $600, it $300.

The Platinum is still valued the same though, so you still get faaaaaar more bang for the buck with the founder package.

Has anyone gotten the new mods via normal means playing the game?  Just curious.  I've been getting rare warframe mods, but I haven't encountered the new ones yet.

No and I went out of my way farming level 5 defence in europa, alternating between infested defence and clearing corpus missions to kill the new moa, I seemed to get every thing but one of the new mods.

Honestly, I don't see why everyone is hating on how their business model is. It's way better than 90% of the other F2P games out there, and keep in mind those offers are what keeps the game alive. You don't have to pay a dime if you don't want to.

Those mods are rare drops, yes, but I think they added them to the packages not for their rarity, but for the fact that they are new.

No and I went out of my way farming level 5 defence in europa, alternating between infested defence and clearing corpus missions to kill the new moa, I seemed to get every thing but one of the new mods.

Aye it's true, and it seems these mods are offered as rewards for the top 100 fusion chicken killers.

But alas, all mods are good mods...  So...

=/ 

Must kill harder in next one!

=D

Is it pay to win? Clearly a no.

Is it pay to save time? Hell yes!

Is it dangerous? Depends on the person deciding wich mods are for sell.

Who ever that is should always be on top of the game mechanics.

Walking a fine line here is what it make it work.

Atm it is a win win for both sides.

Oh, my other problem with this is that Handspring really shouldn't be a mod in the first place, it should be a core component of gameplay. There's no "slide" mod, after all.

Don't feed them any more stupid ideas :p

DE, any word on this questionable decision? If you could, I'd like you to try and answer the following.

1: Do you really think it's a good idea to try and use the rarity of these mods to try and help sell your large platinum purchases?

2: Do you think it's fair that you're using that hype to get people to purchase mods that are, quite frankly, terrible?

3: Why move away from cosmetic benefits for paying a bunch of money? This isn't even a selling power question, they clearly aren't power, it's a matter of selling things that player's know for sure what they are getting.

They gave out the same mods to the people who killed a lot of Fusion Moas in the event.

I don't think they're trying to trick anyone. They probably just think the mods are cool and wanted to let more people try it out.

If they put some other rare mods into the packs other than those 3, I might buy the package.

As it stands, these new mods are quite useless

You shouldn't buy packages based on the mods you can get, they are not the main reason for buying platinum. They are just bonuses on top of the bonus platinum from buying higher tiered packages. The main reason should be getting more platinum per dollar spent.

The real question here is being ignored. The question is, does the value being sold equal the sales cost.

Buyer be ware is not a good slogan for companies to operate on. If someone were to spend $20 dollars on a true steal mod, only to start up the game and get 10 of them in the first 10 minutes, the mod has no value. The resultant harm could be to turn off the customer when they become educated after playing the game. Negitive reputation for paying money could than spread by word of mouth and turn off potential players before they give the game a chance. All because DE wanted to make a couple bucks on True Steal.

DE needs to be careful what they are selling in these packages so they dont fleece their customers. I personally want this game to be around for a very long time.

Just want to make a point. The $50 and $100 packs give the same amount of Platinum as they ever did. The $200 pack is new, but follows the correct math.

The mods are purely bonuses. They are easily found in game, and not strictly purchase-only. The community has pronounced them quite poopy. They're literally just a bonus for people who would buy those platinum packs anyway, a sort of "thank you for supporting us!".

It's a rather crap thank you, but better a crap thank you than a really good one ("PAY2WIN") or none at all.

The problem is do people understand that the mods are 'purely bonuses' and 'easily found in game' before they decide to spend $200. Any other impression than 'slight bonus' could have negative repercussions.

A real bonus for $200 would be to have all weapon and warframe slots unlocked, as a good starting point.

Edited by Judopunch

A real bonus for $200 would be to have all weapon and warframe slots unlocked, as a good starting point.

What do you mean by "all"? That would just make the difference between a paying player and a free player even greater.