Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Polearm Stances- Lacking More Then One Combo

SilverZs

The title says it all....

We're getting completely new stances with more combos then original ones...

Not to mention we just received a brand spanking new polearm (with higher base damage then Orthos Prime) annnnnnnnnnnnnd stances still are unfinished.

Any comment on this Geoff??

(Food poisoning not valid excuse for not commenting, do you even lift bro!?)

I disagree with the part about it being hard to come up with combos for polearms vs staves...

One has a blade(s) the other doesn't.... that implies stabby stabby and slashy slashy opposed to .... whack whack (blunt trauma)

I would love for shimmering blight to be stabby stabby orientated, being as how its base polarity works on the Tonbo (which is virtually a Naginata with a smaller blade) 

This is actually very unfortunate, seeing as how the Orthos Prime and Tonbo are high damage weapons with potentially fun stances. 

Unfortunately, Polearms and staves are pretty similar in look, so it could be hard to come up with new combos for polearms.

Plenty of pole arm fighting stances and katas around. just check you tube for some flashy ones or read some books it is not like DE invented pole arms. They have been around for several hundred (2 thousand+) years and so have their "stances". 

Edited by Hatzeputt

having double and single sided polearms in the same class is a problem however, since that limits how the single-sided one can be used.

While I agree this is somewhat of a problem... it wouldn't be THAT immersion breaking vs having staffs executing 'slashing/cleaving' attacks etc

Guess I'll have to blast this on a Dev Stream thread just to see if it gets a response...

That food poisoning must make Geoffcalibur leery of finishing unfinished work...

(and don't get me started on kubrows not having wall running even tho they were being pitched to us WITH wall running animations)

Honestly, I think a good start would be to just merge the two existing Polearm stances into one. So every currently-existing combo for polearms is accessible from a single stance. They don't feel overly different thematically, so it should be alright as long as the merged stance doesn't come with messed-up controls.

More combo options for polearm-users to choose on the fly, and very little work required from the devs.

Edited by SortaRandom