The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Are Distilling Extractors Worth The Extra?

NuggetsTheCat

Question

Looking at getting my first extractor and was wondering whether it was worth spending the extra on a distilling extractor. Sort of seems like in the long run they would be a better investment but it depends on how much more likely they are to find rare stuff than the standard extractors.

Also it seems from stuff i've seen that Mars is a good place to stick your first one due to having more than one rare resource. Is that still true (The stuff i saw was from a previous game version so not sure if it's still the same)? 

11 answers to this question

Looking at getting my first extractor and was wondering whether it was worth spending the extra on a distilling extractor. Sort of seems like in the long run they would be a better investment but it depends on how much more likely they are to find rare stuff than the standard extractors.

Also it seems from stuff i've seen that Mars is a good place to stick your first one due to having more than one rare resource. Is that still true (The stuff i saw was from a previous game version so not sure if it's still the same)? 

well if you want morphics and gallium you should put whichever you decide to build on mars and i'd say don't bother with distilling extractors they take twice as long to finish extracting and from my experience aren't good enough at getting those rare resources also you should build an extra so once your extractor takes damage you can put the other in and let the damaged one heal

I like them. I have 6 in case all three that I can deploy get damaged. I collect them twice a day and usually get around 2-3 rare drops from them a week (collectively not individually). I have one on Jupiter for neural sensors. The other two are on Ceres and Saturn collecting orokin cells. I used to have one on Earth for neurodes but moved it to Ceres when I passed 100 neurodes.

think it's, like, 2% chance for rare resource with extractor and 4% with distiller.

I think distiller takes twice as long, but I maybe only collect them once a day, anyway.

just depends on what you need and if you have the creds to burn

Use both (and no, I am not using a meme).

Distilling take 8 hours, Titans take 4 to recover resources.

So I stick a Titan on 3 planets when I am logged on.

When logging off for the night, I stick Distillings on overnight.

I can't say the chances are much greater, who knows, but I do get rare resources from Distiliings from time to time.

Edited by Egg_Chen

^

Probably the best advice.

However, once you're flush on basic resources, the extra (granted, it's not hugely extra, but...) chance of getting the rare resources is worth keeping them up. Mine basically keep me in neural sensors and orokin cells without any need to specifically farm for them, which is nice.

Very nice, since rushrushfarmfarm Ruk and AladV runs are both soul-shatteringly boring and annoying as all getout.

For every success story there is also a failure story. I've had mine since their implementation and I've gotten rare resources from them about 7 times.

Mine was a failure story.  Lost my first one on its first run.  Never was able to build another because of the extorion prices and RNG of Oxium... thankfully that's changes, I built one today, have yet to use it...

I was right p!$$ed though not being able to use my Prime Access Content for months... resource farming means all but nothing to me anymore anyway...

I have 4 distilling extractors and I always try to have one on Saturn and one on Jupiter. I switch them up so the other two have time to repair.

I don't remember for how long I've been doing it, but I got 4 Orokin Cells a few times and 6 Neural Sensors once. So yeah, I think it's worth it, but keep in mind that they are means of supporting farming for resources, not the main way to do it.