The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What's Up With The Colours?

Tazdingoo

So this has been bugging me for quite a while now. Why isn't the black that I see on the color palette that is waaaaay below and as dark as space not reflected on some of the weapons?

For example, the Halikar, I tried to colour it the darkest black possible but what I see instead is grey. If I wanted grey, I would have picked it in the first place.

This doesn't only happen for black but other colours as well. It seems that some weapons have this strange colour thing too. Why limit to how dark a colour can be on some weapons?

I hope DE changes this as it doesn't only affect weapons but other things such as the yomo syandana has this problem too. I feel that this is an unnecessary limit to the players in terms of customisation.

It doesn't have to be PBR. Some weapons just have a default shading applied to some areas, like the Kohm's main body for example. You can color it light green but it will always be much darker. That's what you've just ecountered, probably.

Maybe the people who modelled these weapons thought that some areas would look terribad if given bright colors?

All PBR items seem have this issue, including Limbo, Nova P and Mesa, I share your feelings about this, "pure black" is close to impossible to use on PBR and it would be nice if we could get to use it again 

I don't have that issue on either Limbo or Mesa.

YborbV2.jpg

W444mKV.jpg

Also, the Halikar only looks like a light black in the arsenal, it looks fine in missions.

O.o I might send you a pm, If you don't mind I would like to inquire which pallette that is >_>

The "black" is from the Valentine's Day pallet (second one up from the bottom-left), the red is from the Halloween pallet, and the white is from the Gamma pallet.

Edited by Reidmaster

The "black" is from the Valentine's Day pallet (second one up from the bottom-left), the red is from the Halloween pallet, and the white is from the Gamma pallet.

Ah, gotcha, thank you! It isn't working wiht my targs P but i think i can get it to go with at least my libo and mesa!

Black looks hideous on all the warframes and weapons anyway.

It doesn't make you look cool. Warframe has an innate "bad taste" detector that tries to make people use shades of grey instead of black.

It is also why frames painted in cliche red and black spooky edgy colors tend to die way more often.

This is how the game punishes you.