Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Excal Tweaks From An Avid Excal Fan

CombatPastor

I whole heartedly understand the changes DE has made to Excal...even if I don't like them, they don't seem to be going anywhere. Thus, the change that I would like to make to Excal is...kind of minor, but would affect him in a major way.

I'd like to speed up the animation for his skills. Every skill Excal has is completely reliant on having Natural Talent. This removes a mod slot that could be used for more versatility in Excal's arsenal.

I have never needed a Natural Talent as it is a waste of mod space. You are too focused on the speed of your cast rather then powering up your casts' potential. (Add another power strength, efficiency or range mod, heck even a health or shield mod would be better then natural talent.) But it sounds like you are trying to min-max for his forth ability. Btw his cast animations have already be shortened significantly over then course of this game

I whole heartedly understand the changes DE has made to Excal...even if I don't like them, they don't seem to be going anywhere. Thus, the change that I would like to make to Excal is...kind of minor, but would affect him in a major way.

I'd like to speed up the animation for his skills. Every skill Excal has is completely reliant on having Natural Talent. This removes a mod slot that could be used for more versatility in Excal's arsenal.

This is completely true. 

Excalibur takes three seconds to raise and put down his arm for Radial Blind. Like, really? 

Excalibur takes nearly a second to get ready to do Slash Dash. When you cast the skill, he's already in position. He seems to take the second to think about what the hell he's doing with his life. 

Excalibur has to recover from using Super Jump unless you do another activity. This is a sin. 

Excalibur pulls his Ethereal Skana out of the ground just to make it disappear again in his hands. This is also a sin. 

Also, as a good general buff to Excalibur... 

He's the melee frame. 

Why is he so slow? 

I understand he has a mobility skill but that's for long distances. He needs speed to actually get from one enemy to the next to melee them without being continuously shot by them. Like come on. 

The thing that bothers me most is that 2 of his mobility abilities can basically be cast by all frames, but without using enery.

The methods are called coptering and directional melee.

I mean seriously, why would i use slash dash when i can just go further and deal more damage with my tipedo?

I REALLY like super jump, i use it all the time, but to bosst my directional melee range mostly, it confuses enemies for a second which is fine.

But you need to build power strenght oriented to use it ats full capacity, we all know most viable build is Radial blind in end game still.

Its another story if you use superjump to get to somewhere, you can just use drectional melee again, which i believe all the frames are capable of doing.

Excalibur needs love, it just hurts my feelings when people think you are utterly useless in most missions except reputation farming.