Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hello All. I'm Razar.

Razar2380

Hi. I go by Razar2380 in most games I play, but some who know me also know me as Sumnerguardian in other games too.

A Little About Me.

I started playing MMOs in 2013. Well, I played only one then. Star Trek Online was my first one. I am disabled, and have no sorce of income. Therefore, I love F2P games. STO has made a lot of bad decissions that has taken a lot of fun out of the game, so I have been looking for others since the end of last year that focus on fun, and enjoyement.

I have been playing Defiance, but I mostly do that one with my brother, who doesn't play all that much.

Then I recently found this game.

I am a big fan of being able to be versatile. And this game looks like it really focuses on that. I started playing yesterday, but was not able to post on the forums till today. But so far, I love the combat idea of the game.

I do find it a little...unsteady with a controller. Since I am unable to sit in an upright position, it is hard for me to use a keyboard and mouse to play. So I need to rely heavily on a controller. The game is a bit hard for me to control with it, but it is still fun to play. So, any suggestions anyone has there would be appreciated.

Since this is my first time through, I am using the Excalibur Warframe. The ability that it comes with are a lot of fun to play with. Also, the ability to switch mid fight between melee and guns (or bow and arrow) is very nice. The transition is seamless, and smoth. I just have the AR, pistol, and sword that I picked up at the beginning. (Still trying to figure out how to block with a sword, since it keeps pulling my gun out. lol).

I have done 2 missions, including the one where you first take control. From what I see so far, I am going to spend a lot of time in this game, when playing games.

Requesting Information On Warframe.

There are a lot of things that I have questions about, but have been having trouble finding the answers on the forums.

1-I know that some games have the game store currency blocked so that you can only obtain it by spending money yourself. However, is there a way that you can use items, or hard to obtained in-game currencies to trade or exchange them for the game store currency?

I am not asking to try to get anything for free, because I have no problem grinding a reasonable amount for something. And I have read that none of the game store items are needed to play the game. However, if there is something that someone else is interested in, and they are willing to trade game store currency they bought for it, I am all for that. And I will do the grinding so that they don't need to. Kinda helps all parties involved. They may not have the time to grind, the developers still get money, and I have plenty of time since I am disabled, and spend a lot of time in the game.

2-The in-game currency that you pickup from the enemies, and containers. I see that there are very few weapons and items that can be baught with them. Are any of them actually worth it, or am I better off just sticking with what I have.

3-The Warframe WIKI. After playing for about a year and a half in STO, I found that their WIKI information is written by mostly players. The developers don't really make sure any of the information is accurate. For that reason, there is a lot of information that is nowhere near correct, and misleads many new players. Is the Warframe WIKI like this, or is it moderated in some way by ones that know about the game to make sure the information is accurate, or is it just up to anyone to post in, regardless?

I love reading up as much as I can on games I play, since I use to write walkthroughs many years ago for console games. I am not looking for spoilers, but basic, helpful, and experienced gameplay tips, tricks, and advice. I am not interested in exploits, since I see those as an unfair advantage. But anywhere I can be directed that has helpful, accurate information is appreciated.

Last, if you see me in the game and try to chat with me, please don't think I am rude for not replying. I have very bad eyesight, and have not yet found out how to increase the font size for the chat box. I may just not be able to see what you have written. However, I do look forward to seeing everyone in the game, and getting to join you in missions together.

As someone disabled, I want to thank you (the developers) for making Warframe a free to play game, and for working so hard on the awesome graphics. I am really enjoying the game.

Have fun, and happy gaming.

Razar.

Welcome~

For about my first year of playing Warframe I used a controller. I do have an easier time now that I've switched to keyboard, but I assure you that you can handle any and all content just fine with a controller, it just takes practice.

Questions:

1) The 'premium' currency is platinum. You can earn platinum by trading with other players. For instance, say you earn a rare mod by playing. You can sell that mod to other players in exchange for platinum, so theoretically you will never have to spend real money on anything. Honestly this game the most generous free-to-play model I've ever seen.

2) Some of the weapons that you can purchase with credits, like Braton, are quite nice. Eventually you'll want to upgrade though.

3) The Warframe wiki is managed by players, but in my experience, it is very reliable as a source of info. During your time here, that site will be your bible.

Hi. I go by Razar2380 in most games I play, but some who know me also know me as Sumnerguardian in other games too.

A Little About Me.

I started playing MMOs in 2013. Well, I played only one then. Star Trek Online was my first one. I am disabled, and have no sorce of income. Therefore, I love F2P games. STO has made a lot of bad decissions that has taken a lot of fun out of the game, so I have been looking for others since the end of last year that focus on fun, and enjoyement.

I have been playing Defiance, but I mostly do that one with my brother, who doesn't play all that much.

Then I recently found this game.

I am a big fan of being able to be versatile. And this game looks like it really focuses on that. I started playing yesterday, but was not able to post on the forums till today. But so far, I love the combat idea of the game.

I do find it a little...unsteady with a controller. Since I am unable to sit in an upright position, it is hard for me to use a keyboard and mouse to play. So I need to rely heavily on a controller. The game is a bit hard for me to control with it, but it is still fun to play. So, any suggestions anyone has there would be appreciated.

Since this is my first time through, I am using the Excalibur Warframe. The ability that it comes with are a lot of fun to play with. Also, the ability to switch mid fight between melee and guns (or bow and arrow) is very nice. The transition is seamless, and smoth. I just have the AR, pistol, and sword that I picked up at the beginning. (Still trying to figure out how to block with a sword, since it keeps pulling my gun out. lol).

I have done 2 missions, including the one where you first take control. From what I see so far, I am going to spend a lot of time in this game, when playing games.

There are a lot of things that I have questions about, but have been having trouble finding the answers on the forums.

1-I know that some games have the game store currency blocked so that you can only obtain it by spending money yourself. However, is there a way that you can use items, or hard to obtained in-game currencies to trade or exchange them for the game store currency?

I am not asking to try to get anything for free, because I have no problem grinding a reasonable amount for something. And I have read that none of the game store items are needed to play the game. However, if there is something that someone else is interested in, and they are willing to trade game store currency they bought for it, I am all for that. And I will do the grinding so that they don't need to. Kinda helps all parties involved. They may not have the time to grind, the developers still get money, and I have plenty of time since I am disabled, and spend a lot of time in the game.

2-The in-game currency that you pickup from the enemies, and containers. I see that there are very few weapons and items that can be baught with them. Are any of them actually worth it, or am I better off just sticking with what I have.

3-The Warframe WIKI. After playing for about a year and a half in STO, I found that their WIKI information is written by mostly players. The developers don't really make sure any of the information is accurate. For that reason, there is a lot of information that is nowhere near correct, and misleads many new players. Is the Warframe WIKI like this, or is it moderated in some way by ones that know about the game to make sure the information is accurate, or is it just up to anyone to post in, regardless?

I love reading up as much as I can on games I play, since I use to write walkthroughs many years ago for console games. I am not looking for spoilers, but basic, helpful, and experienced gameplay tips, tricks, and advice. I am not interested in exploits, since I see those as an unfair advantage. But anywhere I can be directed that has helpful, accurate information is appreciated.

Last, if you see me in the game and try to chat with me, please don't think I am rude for not replying. I have very bad eyesight, and have not yet found out how to increase the font size for the chat box. I may just not be able to see what you have written. However, I do look forward to seeing everyone in the game, and getting to join you in missions together.

As someone disabled, I want to thank you (the developers) for making Warframe a free to play game, and for working so hard on the awesome graphics. I am really enjoying the game.

Razar.

1.) The premium currency, platinum, is 100% tradeable among players. Just use a trade post in someone's clan "dojo", or base, and trade with them. The trade tax on platinum is 500 credits per platinum, which is a tiny sum once you get into it.

2.) Every single weapon in the game is either obtained from:

-Syndicates (which will unlock for you at mastery 3)

-Buying them with platinum in the market

-Building them via a blueprint purchased in the market with credits (the earnable via gameplay currency)

-Researching the blueprint in your clan's dojo, then building it on your ship

As for weapons you can buy fully built with Credits, I'd buy a Braton and a Lex. The MK-1 Braton is a starter weapon that is rather crappy, if that's the one you chose. Braton is a primary assault rifle and Lex is a heavy hitting pistol.

3.) The warframe wiki is for the most part, very accurate. The players that manage it make sure that what they put on it is as accurate as possible.

Wow, didn't expect replies that quick. lol.

Thank you all for the help and advice.

welcome

if u need a clan, msg me up

Thank you for the invite. However, I will admit that I am looking for a clan to join, but have plans to start my own later. I am one of the three leaders in our fleet (Same as a clan) in STO, and have a small clan in Defiance.

I would like to join a clan to see how they work in Warframe, and then later start up my own. If that is okay with you, I know that some clans frown on that, and so I want to put that out there at the beginning out of respect for you and your, or anyone else's clan.

Razar.

Wow, didn't expect replies that quick. lol.

Thank you all for the help and advice.

Thank you for the invite. However, I will admit that I am looking for a clan to join, but have plans to start my own later. I am one of the three leaders in our fleet (Same as a clan) in STO, and have a small clan in Defiance.

I would like to join a clan to see how they work in Warframe, and then later start up my own. If that is okay with you, I know that some clans frown on that, and so I want to put that out there at the beginning out of respect for you and your, or anyone else's clan.

Razar.

thats ok. inv sent

Welcome to Warframe! Thank you for your well written and informative introduction.

I'll do my best to be transparent as I answer your queries on this game.

1) Currency as of now comes in three forms, two general currencies and one specialized token. Credits are commonplace and used to start crafts and buy some minor gear items. Platinum is the most major currency of the game, and as of now can only be generated by cash purchases.

However, there are ways to obtain platinum without cash by participating in the free market of player trading. Players often want items like prime parts, mods, and as of recently, some weapons. If you have items of this kind you wish to trade to other players, you can choose to trade these for platinum. Of course, items can also be traded for other items, but most players prefer platinum. It helps the paying players shortcut walls of effort and wait, while rewarding players who earn extra and choose to sell it.

The third currency newly implemented are called ducats. These specialized tokens are only able to be redeemed at a particular merchant for particular items. Said items can follow the usual convention of being traded for platinum and other items.

2) The currency you are witnessing dropping out of these sources is credits, which are generally used for common progression. As a new player, a few of these weapons can be seen as decent intermediate upgrades, such as the Braton and Lex. However, you'll be happy to know that the majority of your weapon focus for the large portion of weapons in the game (including most of the best weapons in the game) is found in blueprints and crafting. All of these blueprints are either purchased for credits or found as a mission reward.

In this game, there is no craft skill requirement, you only need the blueprint and associated parts and materials to create the weapon. Blueprints can be found from end mission rewards from certain bosses, the marketplace (for always credits, never platinum), and from the void. As of recently, some weapons can also be purchased from syndicates and Baro Ki'Teer, the Void Trader. These weapons are pre-built.

For clarification, what you are seeing in that weapons menu where some weapons are available for credits and others are available for platinum, none of these weapons require platinum to acquire. The only benefit to buying the weapon with platinum is skipping the craft requirements, gaining an equipment slot, and gaining a catalyst/reactor. Slots must be purchased with platinum, but you can empty slots by deleting Warframes or Weapons you don't need. Slots are divided into two kinds, Warframes and Weapons. Catalysts/Reactors are implanted by the developers manually after every livestream. This happens frequently on what is generally weekly/bi-weekly. At most, three weeks. It would be nice if they could be earned somewhere on demand at any time persistently, but for now just make it a good habit to log in daily and check your alerts.

3) Written by players, but our fan base is particularly dedicated. The wiki itself has moderators who are players, so the wiki is moderated in some form. You may also want to refer to the community gear builder to get a more interactive experience with your gear. Combine these two resources along with player experience and over time, you knowledge and execution of gameplay will improve greatly. You only need time and dedication.

Extra helpful information you did not ask for...

Events. While every other mod, weapon, and Warframe are available on a generally persistent basis, event items have a tendency to appear for only the span of the event, and generally only resurface in the game after many months of wait. The events require considerable participation for their rewards. Mods from events have come back into circulation. As of currently, most event weapons have not. You can still get a lot done since most event weapons are not seen as core weapons in the game.

Void Trader. I've mentioned him a few times. Every two weeks he will appear for two days, then disappear for another two weeks. His items are exclusive only to him, and only recently has he repeated his cycle of items. In order to earn the ducats required to buy his goods, you must acquire prime parts and redeem them for ducats at his kiosk. That said, this game always has a sense of anticipation--you can't exactly say there is nothing to do.

There are many other things to learn, I have simply answered the questions you have provided at this time. Welcome to Warframe, I hope you enjoy your time.

Edited by MechaKnight

Welcome to Warframe! Thank you for your well written and informative introduction.

I'll do my best to be transparent as I answer your queries on this game.

1) Currency as of now comes in three forms, two general currencies and one specialized token. Credits are commonplace and used to start crafts and buy some minor gear items. Platinum is the most major currency of the game, and as of now can only be generated by cash purchases.

However, there are ways to obtain platinum without cash by participating in the free market of player trading. Players often want items like prime parts, mods, and as of recently, some weapons. If you have items of this kind you wish to trade to other players, you can choose to trade these for platinum. Of course, items can also be traded for other items, but most players prefer platinum. It helps the paying players shortcut walls of effort and wait, while rewarding players who earn extra and choose to sell it.

The third currency newly implemented are called ducats. These specialized tokens are only able to be redeemed at a particular merchant for particular items. Said items can follow the usual convention of being traded for platinum and other items.

2) The currency you are witnessing dropping out of these sources is credits, which are generally used for common progression. As a new player, a few of these weapons can be seen as decent intermediate upgrades, such as the Braton and Lex. However, you'll be happy to know that the majority of your weapon focus for the large portion of weapons in the game (including most of the best weapons in the game) is found in blueprints and crafting. All of these blueprints are either purchased for credits or found as a mission reward.

In this game, there is no craft skill requirement, you only need the blueprint and associated parts and materials to create the weapon. Blueprints can be found from end mission rewards from certain bosses, the marketplace (for always credits, never platinum), and from the void. As of recently, some weapons can also be purchased from syndicates and Baro Ki'Teer, the Void Trader. These weapons are pre-built.

For clarification, what you are seeing in that weapons menu where some weapons are available for credits and others are available for platinum, none of these weapons require platinum to acquire. The only benefit to buying the weapon with platinum is skipping the craft requirements, gaining an equipment slot, and gaining a catalyst/reactor. Slots must be purchased with platinum, but you can empty slots by deleting Warframes or Weapons you don't need. Slots are divided into two kinds, Warframes and Weapons. Catalysts/Reactors are implanted by the developers manually after every livestream. This happens frequently on what is generally weekly/bi-weekly. At most, three weeks. It would be nice if they could be earned somewhere on demand at any time persistently, but for now just make it a good habit to log in daily and check your alerts.

3) Written by players, but our fan base is particularly dedicated. The wiki itself has moderators who are players, so the wiki is moderated in some form. You may also want to refer to the community gear builder to get a more interactive experience with your gear. Combine these two resources along with player experience and over time, you knowledge and execution of gameplay will improve greatly. You only need time and dedication.

Extra helpful information you did not ask for...

Events. While every other mod, weapon, and Warframe are available on a generally persistent basis, event items have a tendency to appear for only the span of the event, and generally only resurface in the game after many months of wait. The events require considerable participation for their rewards. Mods from events have come back into circulation. As of currently, most event weapons have not. You can still get a lot done since most event weapons are not seen as core weapons in the game.

Void Trader. I've mentioned him a few times. Every two weeks he will appear for two days, then disappear for another two weeks. His items are exclusive only to him, and only recently has he repeated his cycle of items. In order to earn the ducats required to buy his goods, you must acquire prime parts and redeem them for ducats at his kiosk. That said, this game always has a sense of anticipation--you can't exactly say there is nothing to do.

There are many other things to learn, I have simply answered the questions you have provided at this time. Welcome to Warframe, I hope you enjoy your time.

Awesome. I love the community already. All this helpful information, and no one trying to insult another player, just because they can. I feel like I am in the company of good players, and that is a huge bonus.

Thanks everyone for answering my questions, and for all the helpful tips also.

I am eating up the wiki every chance I get. And the Warframe builder sounds awesome. I am going to play with it.

Thanks again.

Razar.