Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Net Neutrality

Angelica_Furclad

I do not know if you are aware but in 17 hours there will be a vote about Net Neutrality. http://www.nytimes.com/video/technology/personaltech/100000002879066/babys-first-tweet.html?playlistId=1194811622271 If the neutrality is removed from the net it will kill games like World of Tanks, League of Legends, Secondlife, Warframe, and many other games that are free to play. Players of the community that supports these games need to know how this will affect them and what it will mean for game play. It is important to get started on petitions and other measures to protect the neutrality, or get it back, depending on how the vote changes. I am sorry and I don't usually get involved in politics, but this is not just political, this will impact anything online.

Been fighting against this since I was 15. The internet is a powerful tool which many people use to exercise free speech.

There are some old gits who haven't been able to get with the times. Narrow minded people are scared and are scrambling to take control. I've not had much faith in the US lately after all that nonsense with the spying garbage. Not to mention the UK who are doing it too. Not going to stray from that mess.

Edited by Lilliannette

This is a very Naive notion.  There are powerful interests lobbing to get rid of net neutrality and a lot of politicians will vote for whoever will give them more money.

This. Politicians don't have brains, they have money-powered lie generators.

Moved to Off Topic.

thank you, I am new to the forums I couldn't find the off topic area.

"Never going to happen" Is indeed a very bad thought. "Russia is too powerful, it's never going to fall" ... and now?

But that gets away from the topic at hand. I just wanted to put the information out there and keep people looking. Thank you for taking the time to read this.