Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Hard Look At The New Nikana Sheath(S)

Vanadium

It's really just one sheathe, guys. They're pretty much the same. Anyway...

So, while obsessively staring at this thing, I noticed a few not-great things about it that rubbed me the wrong way:

1) There's no material background.

2015-02-26_00002.jpg

It's just a black void with an energy animation over it, which kind of gives me this weird impression of a void-pocket swallowing my sword. I just think it would look cooler if it was, say, a giant shard of carved prisma crystal, kind of like this knife with full jade adornments:

100_2814.JPG

(actually, that might be a solid jade knife; that's cray-cray)

Just looks awkward sticking my sword into emptiness.

2) Sheath is wider than the rim at the bottom.

2015-02-26_00004.jpg

(sorry for the crappy resolution)

This gives it a weird muffin-top look, which breaks the flow of the sheathed weapon.

3) Tint 4 doesn't do anything.

I know this is nit-picking, but I just think it can look even more baller than it does. Because why shouldn't it?

Edited by Vanadium

I'm not sure what you are talking about. Mine doesn't look anything like yours

Sorry, really should grab a "black energy" shot. It just looks like the whole sheathe is made from nothing because there's no underlying material texture. I just think it looks a little strange.

Even if it was the clear Ether crystal look with the energy animation on it, I think it would look better (and you could see the sword through it, which would be kind of neat).

Sorry, really should grab a "black energy" shot. It just looks like the whole sheathe is made from nothing because there's no underlying material texture. I just think it looks a little strange.

I get what you're saying, it's like the sheath is just a layer of flowing energy (instead of a sheath bathed in energy), so it looks funky. The screenshot in the patch notes makes this seem less apparent that it is in-game.

Honestly, I kind of regret blowing 50p on these, though I'm going to blame my poor choice on the lack of a preview in the Arsenal...again.

I get what you're saying, it's like the sheath is just a layer of flowing energy (instead of a sheath bathed in energy), so it looks funky. The screenshot in the patch notes makes this seem less apparent that it is in-game.

Honestly, I kind of regret blowing 50p on these, though I'm going to blame my poor choice on the lack of a preview in the Arsenal...again.

Exactly what I'm saying.

I'm not too burnt on the cost, it's pretty much a syadana for your nikana, I'd just like for it to have a little more swag.

Edited by Vanadium