Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Don't Hate You Random Stranger

Haukai

This might be a bit long.

[story Time]

So, about half an hour ago, a friend requested my help with the Tactical Alert because people kept on dying, or disconnecting from his squad (turns out he has internet issues of some sort, and that everyone just ends up getting kicked out of his squad), which eventually happened to myself.
I got kicked out, and ended up with one random stranger whose name will remain unspoken, and being at the second round of the alert (7 waves remaining), nobody connected to our squad (objective completed message).

Even though I've already completed this Tactical Alert, I didn't abort and left that poor random person I was playing with alone to deal with 7 waves of bloodthirsty Grineers because that would have been a duck move from me (I like ducks, don't hate on me).
I was running with basic Ember (unforma'd, just potato'd), and he had Frost. I was also using my Galatine (which I haven't used in soooooooo long, just wanted to test it out) that was extremely underpowered for these kind of enemies.

But still, first waves went fairly well, untill enemies started spawning like cray cray, napalms and fire eximus napalms mostly (yeah because f*ck me, regular enemies are for pugs amirite?!) and my fellow Tenno started going down.
He only truly died once because I didn't manage to get to him in time, mainly because I was getting knocked down like crazy by fire AoE rings1.
So the game went on, with him going down from times to times, and me spamming my pods to keep myself alive while reviving him (I burnt over a hundred pods this game alone, counting medium energy, large energy, large shield and large health).

Untill I went down, because I got Napalm gangbanged while being knocked down from a Fire ring AoE attack1. And to my suprise, Frost didn't even gave a damn. I thought that maybe he didn't see me go down, so I revived and went on with it, we continued playing, I continued burning my pods and reviving him, untill I went down again (basically the same story every time, AoE ring of Fire, Napalm gangbang on Ember the Fire frame, you know the drill).

This time as well, he didn't even bother trying reviving me, and the story repeated itself.
Yet, not a single time did I let him down, and not a single time did the thought of doing so crossed my mind. He left me to die every single time, while I got him back up every time he went down.

Ultimately, I went down after burning my last revive, and couldn't revive after that happened, which led to failing the mission as he died a couple times right after.

[/story Time]

All of this to say, that if you read me, you random stranger whom I shared half an hour trying to beat a mission I had already beaten with :
I don't hate you.

Maybe you did hate me really much, as you never thanked me, nor helped me once, but I don't.

1 Oh yeah because you know, you're running THE Fire frame Ember, the exact same frame that can set herself on Fire, and manipulate Fire, but every time a little flame comes at you, you get sat the f*ck down.

Edited by Haukai

Was there a gear disparity between the two of you? Because I personally refuse to revive friends that make me drag them to missions they aren't strong enough to handle (or join my higher levelled missions through the friend thingy). I figure it's my way of saying "I don't want to be here carrying you, put some effort in yourself". Even though I say exactly that to them in chat also.

Not saying that's what happened here, just kinda voicing my unwanted two cents. I'm aware many won't agree with me.

Edited by Lord_Billos

Was there a gear disparity between the two of you? Because I personally refuse to revive friends that make me drag them to missions they aren't strong enough to handle. I figure it's my way of saying "I don't want to be here carrying you, put some effort in yourself". Even though I say exactly that to them in chat also.

Not saying that's what happened here, just kinda voicing my unwanted two cents. I'm aware many won't agree with me.

Well it was the Tactical Alert, so he was only running his melee (Scindo). And since it was the second part of it, requiring a conclave lower than 500, no room for your sentinel and its weapon :/

He also had a MR above 10, not that it has to do with anything, just trying to show that he wasn't a newbie that got lost on a level way higher than he could handle.

Well it was the Tactical Alert, so he was only running his melee (Scindo). And since it was the second part of it, requiring a conclave lower than 500, no room for your sentinel and its weapon :/

He also had a MR above 10, not that it has to do with anything, just trying to show that he wasn't a newbie that got lost on a level way higher than he could handle.

ah thanks for  the explanation. Like I said, just voicing my wanted two cents, and I was pretty sure that wasn't what was happening here.

I, ah, actually don't know why I posted at all :-\ I should sleep.