Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Does Anyone Know Exactly What The Fire Rate Stat Means?

Xrylene

Question

Title, I'm trying to calculate DPS and such, but I'm not quite sure what the numbers for fire rate actually mean. My current theory is that it may refer to a number of shots fired by the weapon in a certain timespan, such as five seconds, but confirmation would be helpful. I didn't see any information on the wiki.

6 answers to this question

I believe it is projectiles fired per second.

It clearly isn't that, the Lato Vandal obviously does not fire 5 shots per second, however, it might fire one shot per second, which is where my theory of it being shots per five seconds comes in. Similarly, I'm pretty sure the Grakata doesn't actually waste 20 rounds per second either, it's wasteful, but not that wasteful.

It is shots per second. I just tested my Grakata and it emptied the mag in 3 seconds every time. 60 shots in 3 seconds = 20 shots a second. I know the semi-autos seem off I thought so myself until I started thinking about. The fact is, a second is longer than we think. There still might be some errors in the stats though. So yeah, it IS in shots per second.

Edited by MrPeaches777

It's shots per second, but there's a special condition on semi auto weapons.

Clicking really fast now has it's own RoF cap that is independent of the weapon RoF. You have to click at a perfect interval to exceed this cap.

For example the Aklato (especially noticeable with Gunslinger mod) will shoot faster if you click only once right after the previous shot, while clicking rapidly will lead to a lower RoF.

Full Auto weapons also now have a click-RoF cap, and you cannot shoot quickly by clicking, you have to hold the trigger.

For example, the Grakata shoots REALLY SLOW if you click quickly, and REALLY FAST if you hold the trigger.

So the Lato Vandal *could* shoot 5 times in a second if you could get the timing right.

OR

It's also possible that semi-auto weapons follow the same attackspeed formula as melee weapons, which is as follows:

The Attack Speed of a melee weapon value is the ratio of the weapons attack speed to the base attack speed for that weapon class.

Formula: WepAttackSpeed/BaseWepTypeAttackSpeed

In which case the Lex would roughly be 1, and the Lato Prime would fire 5 times faster than the Lex (exactly 4.54 times faster, actually)

The problem with this is there's no way to calculate DPS as a real number, but you could calculate it in abstract for comparison against other semi-auto weapons. Simply pretend RoF is Shots/Sec and acknowledge that the DPS is abstract.

Edited by Darzk

tested with a stop watch for the same reason with an unmodded braton mk1 a while back.  if youre like me you want to test it for yourself so use the below equation

(shots per clip)/(time to empty clip in seconds)=shots/second

then, of course, test if(shots/second==(firing rate stat))

the stats seemed high to me for the braton as shots per second at first too (thus testing it) but then I realized that there was almost no time when I was firing full auto for a spray and pray.