Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What If There Was A Mod That Gave A Chance To Not Consume Ammo?

LasersGoPewPew

No, Multishot is increased damage per shot. (A chance of double damage per shot, or a blanket X% increase to DPS in effect.)

What he's suggesting is something that makes your ammo last longer, without increasing DPS. Which I would love to see. Probably max at 25%. (Just imagine if it maxed at 100%.)

No, Multishot is increased damage per shot. (A chance of double damage per shot, or a blanket X% increase to DPS in effect.)

What he's suggesting is something that makes your ammo last longer, without increasing DPS. Which I would love to see. Probably max at 25%. (Just imagine if it maxed at 100%.)

no. obviously you don't know what you're talking about , try to fire bolto with multishot on longrange you can see the two bolts seperate

Edited by KeiyoticNinja

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Multishot_%28Mechanic%29

Read and learn.

INFINITE GORGON/AFURIS FTW!!! in all seriousness though, I can't remember which came it was (Terraria I think? I swear it was something else though) but there was a gun that had a chance to not consume ammo, and this may work for warframe

Yes Terraria had something like that, and so did ME3.

A mod to just give a chance to not consume ammo would be pretty fantastic.

While Multishot is directly Damage + Rate of Fire, the mod you're suggesting is effectively Clip Size + Ammo Reserves. It would be nice to have on mod builds that can't utilize Multishot well, like high damage-per-round weapons, where the extra bullet fired can often go to waste.

I mean, overkill or instakill, the best ratio you can get for ammo efficiency is 1 kill per round, while a ammo consumption reduction mod could easily improve that ratio.

Someone suggested this in another thread, and I'll say the same thing to you as I did to them.

Why make it a chance? RNG is horrible for this game, we could very easily make it a every x shots sort of thing, or even base it off of a percentage of your clip size or something. The core mechanic is, unlike more max ammo, which only helps you at the start really, this would make your starting ammo, and future ammo pickups more efficient. In that sense, it's a fine idea. It just doesn't need to be random, is all.

There are no chances for Multishot. It's a true percentage, in a sequenced chain of repetition.

Isnt it still RNG. 

I mean like, 10% multishot, doesnt multishot 1 time then wait 9 bullets then do it again. Its still chance.

I mean like, 10% multishot, doesnt multishot 1 time then wait 9 bullets then do it again. Its still chance.

Actually, that is what it does.

Multishot 30% is

2 2 2 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 ; 2 2 2 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 ; ...

Multishot 75% is

2 2 2 1 ; 2 2 2 1 ; ...

Multishot 30% is

Multishot 75% is

2 2 2 1 ; 2 2 2 1 ; ...

Actually, this is false. I'd love if it worked like that, but it doesn't. Try shooting a boltor with 90% multishot at a distant wall- you'll notice that the actual distribution of multishots is random.

There are no chances for Multishot. It's a true percentage, in a sequenced chain of repetition.

You're quick to respond, but didn't take the appropriate context. I was replying to the OP, who suggested a random chance of not using ammo, which is not the same thing as multishot.

Also, Argoms, that may be your problem, Multishot doesn't fire an actual extra projectile(Unless it's a shotgun I think, then it does shoot extra pellets), it simply deals an extra instance of damage if it procs. At least that's what I've heard.

Edited by Xrylene

Also, Argoms, that may be your problem, Multishot doesn't fire an actual extra projectile(Unless it's a shotgun I think, then it does shoot extra pellets), it simply deals an extra instance of damage if it procs. At least that's what I've heard.

I'll make a video of this. Hold on.

EDIT: Youtube upload rates... It'll be posted in 2 hours :L

Edited by Argoms

OR just have a mod that gives you 25% more ammo... oh wait. 

There IS a slight, difference, a 25% more ammo mod would not also make the extra ammo you pick up 25% more effective, which is what this theoretically would do. I would agree though, that having both would be unnecessary.

positive feedback is always nice, but frankly if there was a mod that functions like what i'm suggesting it would turn ammo hungry guns like the boar, gorgon, furis/afuris into beasts of another breed....... but it would be good considering how rare some ammo types are.

Multishot 30% is

Multishot 75% is

2 2 2 1 ; 2 2 2 1 ; ...

Is it really? That's quite educational.... Thanks for that :D 

To those saying Multishot just deals extra damage and doesnt fire extra rounds. You are incorrect

On my snipetron, which once had 98% multiS#&$, if I no scoped, it would clearly fire 2 rounds (extremely inaccurately I might add) and both were able to hit different targets. When I scoped, the 2 bullets would become 100% accurate and simply fly in exactly the same place, creating the illusion of doubling damage

Wait, wouldnt multishot 30% be 3 11 3 11 3 1 1 1 repeat

Edited by Jaon