Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Molt

Smurfslayer

Molt is pretty much useless now with the short timer and it being able to be killed. Its like a weak version of loki clone. So how are you supposed to use molt now that it will expire in like 15 sec and doesnt really pull aggro off of you mid fight?

Molt is pretty much useless now with the short timer and it being able to be killed. Its like a weak version of loki clone. So how are you supposed to use molt now that it will expire in like 15 sec and doesnt really pull aggro off of you mid fight?

No no it was to stop people putting the skin on a box so the mobs couldn't reach it and it lasted forever. Now you have to risk death via replacement. Good show and about time they fixed chars like Saryn and Nyx. Sick and tired of being sick and tired of the mobs AI being brought down to monkey level but someone who pressed button number 1.

GG devs.

Well dev's do this all the time, over nerfing, then going back a big. Just look at the hek... I'm hoping they'll give moult a second glance too :)

Surely the better thing to do would be to fix the AI. I agree that at the moment Molt is a weaker version that the loki decoy. However I do see how the old version was unbalanced so therefore shouldn't go back to that. Maybe add code into the AI that makes them ignore the Molt if they can't reach it after say 10 or 15 secs. That would fix the old problem wouldnt it?

Yeah, the old molt on a box was OP and made defense WAY to easy. Right now what it is good for is having a shade as your sentinel, molt, jump out, and cloak. I don't personally own the tenno, but I've seen that strategy used recently. Hopefully they will fix Invincible Mag soon.

I see Molt more like a escape skill, to give some room while a go for cover or to rez someone. I see the way it was, with unlimited time, exploitable. So before thinking its useless now, think again.

I see Molt more like a escape skill, to give some room while a go for cover or to rez someone. I see the way it was, with unlimited time, exploitable. So before thinking its useless now, think again.

Its still useful, also, why should a warframe that can do heavy damage with abilities be able to use a better decoy then a warframe designed around misdirection abilities and that doesnt have a single damaging ability?  In what way was it balanced?  Now both decoy and molt are limited by time and HP/shields.  And if I can recall correctly molt has more HP and Shields than decoy does, meaning that it'll last longer under fire than decoy will.

I counted and it now seems to lasts 10 seconds.

It usually vanishes by the time the first enemy gets within attack range.

Edit: checked the wiki and it seems to now last 7 / 7 / 12 / 16 secs based on level.

Surely the better thing to do would be to fix the AI. I agree that at the moment Molt is a weaker version that the loki decoy. However I do see how the old version was unbalanced so therefore shouldn't go back to that. Maybe add code into the AI that makes them ignore the Molt if they can't reach it after say 10 or 15 secs. That would fix the old problem wouldnt it?

This is a good idea so +1.

Its still useful, also, why should a warframe that can do heavy damage with abilities be able to use a better decoy then a warframe designed around misdirection abilities and that doesnt have a single damaging ability?  In what way was it balanced?  Now both decoy and molt are limited by time and HP/shields.  And if I can recall correctly molt has more HP and Shields than decoy does, meaning that it'll last longer under fire than decoy will.

Molt has less time, shields and health, costs more to equip and cannot be used at a distance when compared to Decoy.

The only advantage of Molt is the ability to elevate it.

Edited by Seraphim_ZA

@Seraphim_ZA
Then again its not supposed to be as good a Loki's decoy.  Saryn has skills that are quite high damaging while Loki only has distraction abilities for the most part.  It only makes sense balance wise that her decoy isn't as good as Lokis.  Furthermore Loki has a cast animation and time, Saryn doesn't.  The main use for hers is if you get in danger drop it and immediately run away to let your shields regen/reload/gather energy for her damaging abilities.

Like the guy above said, it's now a poor man's Decoy. As it should be, in my humble opinion.

@Seraphim_ZA

Then again its not supposed to be as good a Loki's decoy.  Saryn has skills that are quite high damaging while Loki only has distraction abilities for the most part.  It only makes sense balance wise that her decoy isn't as good as Lokis.  Furthermore Loki has a cast animation and time, Saryn doesn't.  The main use for hers is if you get in danger drop it and immediately run away to let your shields regen/reload/gather energy for her damaging abilities.

After the nerf I tried playing a few low level Infested Defense maps.

3 seconds into a wave I'd pop down Moult and back up so I could unleash a rain of death upon the clustered enemies.

Just as the first Charger is halfway through its attack animation Moult vanishes leaving me surprised.

I try this a few more times before giving up any hope of my level 1 Moult being anything more than a waste of mod slots.

Next I tried doing an Infested Raid mission with Moult equipped thinking I could use it as an escape skill.

I'd get swarmed, Moult and run.

4 steps later I'm swarmed again because it didn't 5 or 6 chargers, 4 runners and 1 leaper  more than 1 second to kill my Moult, and they were only within the level 12 - 14 range.

I'd hate to see what a similar sized swarm would do to Moult at levels 30 - 40.

As it is I consider it to be a waste of 2 mod slots at level 1.

I haven't tried leveling it but unless it gains substantial bonuses to health and shields its likely to be just as worthless.

Edited by Seraphim_ZA

@Seraphim_ZA
It does get quite a boost at the max level in terms of how much it can survive.

Also you are fogetting the biggest advantage of molt: you can jump over a pit, molt in mid air, and then have the infested staring at it dumbly.  If you aren't going to use it for drop and run tactics you can use it to do that until they improve the AI to fix that exploit, and I do consider pathing errors like that an exploit if you abuse it.

@Seraphim_ZA

It does get quite a boost at the max level in terms of how much it can survive.

Also you are fogetting the biggest advantage of molt: you can jump over a pit, molt in mid air, and then have the infested staring at it dumbly.  If you aren't going to use it for drop and run tactics you can use it to do that until they improve the AI to fix that exploit, and I do consider pathing errors like that an exploit if you abuse it.

Thanks for the info on leveling it.

I've tried dropping it as you've suggested but if its out of the attack range of chargers, runners or leapers they seem to ignore it completely.

@Seraphim_ZA
DE put it on a time because people would jump under walkways and such and drop it there and the infested would just cluster ontop of it endlessly making the defense missions a walk in the park.  Or they would put it on a box and it was just GG as far as the players were concerned because they would group around the box and never go towards the cryo pod.

vtG5dto.jpg