Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Heads Up Metal Gear Solid Fans.

Tymerc

Take a look here: http://www.konami.jp/mgs5/

There's a timer counting down. It's regarding an "announcement". The timer will end on March 4th, at 9 AM EST.

This is definitely the release date announcement. The reasons as to why I am extremely confident about that are:

- Tora Shiro (a Konami employee) expressed his frustration about a month ago for not being able to announce the release date yet.
- Kojima said about a month ago that the announcement will be made soon.
- Some people already inspected the coding of the site and found coding pieces named "releasedate".
- They wouldn't make a countdown timer for an announcement that was regarding some minor thing.
- The only major thing yet to be announced about MGSV is the release date.
- Kojima re-tweeted an article today where it was wondered if this could be the release date announcement.
- June is highly speculated to be the release month, and Kojima's tradition is to announce the release date 3-4 months prior to the game's release, since it's almost 100% safe to assume that the release date will be announced on the fourth that falls in line perfectly with the speculated June release, because June is EXACTLY 3 months away, and if they release it late June, then that makes it almost 4 months.

It's finally going to happen. I've been waiting for this for many years now. Now the only thing I ask for is that the release is in June. If Kojima keeps up the tradition of announcing the date 3-4 months prior to the game's release then it'll be June for sure. And thinking about how the game was originally supposed to come out in "early 2015", I can't see the release being any further away than June. I'm barely able to contain my excitement. The wait's almost over.

However, if by some infuriating chance that the announcement is not regarding the release date, well then I apologize for getting everyone's hopes up. 

Thoughts?

Edited by Tymerc

Considering Kojima does enjoy being a massive troll from time to time... it's best to prepare oneself for something absurd, nonsensical and silly (and not the release date).

Oh trust me, I know. He got us all good on Christmas with that Chicken Cap nonsense. I stayed up for nothing.

Still, it feels like it will be the release date to me. What else is there that could disappoint us at this point? A Chicken Costume?

Letter13, Kojima's been trolling us all along playing us like a damn fiddle.

The trailers said "Coming in 1984" (1984 is the year the game takes place).

Do you see it? Look at it again. 1984.

1/9/84

The release date has been there the entire time. Some people theorized about it, and were actually right.

My goodness, I love Mr. Kojima so much. He's so great at being a troll playing a fiddle.

Edited by Tymerc