Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Here.

(XBOX)Knight Raime

I am aware there is a tab for it.  I probably should have been more clear.  I was inquiring on if looking for groups in there is an efficient way for success on missions or not.

Most mission types don't require a specific setup, ones that do are generally Defense (you'll want a Frost to use Snow Globe to defend the pod) and Survival (you'll want a Nekros to use Desecrate to create more air).  Other missions can generally be run with any sort of rag-tag group.

Most mission types don't require a specific setup, ones that do are generally Defense (you'll want a Frost to use Snow Globe to defend the pod) and Survival (you'll want a Nekros to use Desecrate to create more air).  Other missions can generally be run with any sort of rag-tag group.

Yeah  Defense missions usually require people who can increase your survivability in some way and a frame or 2 for good CC.  My main problem with running solo is I just don't feel like I do enough damage to handle all the enemies.  And I don't mean my build is messed.  I Just believe I need more damage coming from others.

Could you show us some of your mod builds?

(There's some very common mistakes people make with those that lower damage significantly.)

I wouldn't know how.  But my main is ember right now.  She's not max level yet. almost though.  I had a level 30 excalibur but I deleted him for nyx.  I believe the mods I have on ember increase health shields and armor.  Im half way through my zorens.  I need better pistols then aklato's.  I believe my primary is the boltor.

You have to start small, man. Run some vaults, do some voids. You THINK you like Valkyr, I THOUGHT I did, too. But you'll soon find your niche, just give it time. This game is stupidly expansive, you don't just spend 3 hours speed running through picking stuff up line in DkS. This game will take lots of time.

Like in DkS*. Phones won't let me edit.

I wouldn't know how.  But my main is ember right now.  She's not max level yet. almost though.  I had a level 30 excalibur but I deleted him for nyx.  I believe the mods I have on ember increase health shields and armor.  Im half way through my zorens.  I need better pistols then aklato's.  I believe my primary is the boltor.

What mods do you have on your weapons, at which ranks?

What mods do you have on your weapons, at which ranks?

Bolter is as of today rank 30.  It has: hellfire no rank, serration rank 1, point strike no rank, rupture rank 3, ammo drum rank 2, fast hands rank 1.

Aklato rank 30.  it has: pistol gambit rank 3, concussion rounds rank 1, gunslinger no rank, trick mag rank 1, quick draw rank 2.

dual zoren rank 16 it has: true steel rank 1, and pressure point rank 2.

My ember frame is 26.  It has: streamline rank 4, vitality rank 6, redirection rank 3 maxed, and steel fiber rank 3 maxed.

Bolter is as of today rank 30.  It has: hellfire no rank, serration rank 1, point strike no rank, rupture rank 3, ammo drum rank 2, fast hands rank 1.

Aklato rank 30.  it has: pistol gambit rank 3, concussion rounds rank 1, gunslinger no rank, trick mag rank 1, quick draw rank 2.

dual zoren rank 16 it has: true steel rank 1, and pressure point rank 2.

My ember frame is 26.  It has: streamline rank 4, vitality rank 6, redirection rank 3 maxed, and steel fiber rank 3 maxed.

The reason you're not doing much damage is because you really need to rank those damage mods up, and focus on base damage plus elemental damage.

1 - Weapons do NOT get stronger automatically as they rank up, you NEED to put +damage mods on.

2 - Base damage and elemental damage is much better than physical (impact/puncture/slash) damage 9/10 times.

3 - Mods are much better the higher rank they are.  A rank 5 Serration is better than 5 other unranked damage mods combined.

Like for the Boltor, toss out Point Strike (Boltor's crit is meh) and Rupture (the physical damage increase is meh) and Ammo Drum, and use the spare points to stick higher-rank Serration and hellfire in.  Then you'll be doing a LOT more damage with it.

Aklato, ignore Pistol Gambit and Concussion rounds, stick in Hornet Strike with a few Ranks put into it.

Dual Zoren, ignore true Steel and use the points for Pressure Point and then elemental mods.

The reason you're not doing much damage is because you really need to rank those damage mods up, and focus on base damage plus elemental damage.

1 - Weapons do NOT get stronger automatically as they rank up, you NEED to put +damage mods on.

2 - Base damage and elemental damage is much better than physical (impact/puncture/slash) damage 9/10 times.

3 - Mods are much better the higher rank they are.  A rank 5 Serration is better than 5 other unranked damage mods combined.

Like for the Boltor, toss out Point Strike (Boltor's crit is meh) and Rupture (the physical damage increase is meh) and Ammo Drum, and use the spare points to stick higher-rank Serration and hellfire in.  Then you'll be doing a LOT more damage with it.

Aklato, ignore Pistol Gambit and Concussion rounds, stick in Hornet Strike with a few Ranks put into it.

Dual Zoren, ignore true Steel and use the points for Pressure Point and then elemental mods.

Well Do you have a suggestion for a better secondary in general?  And alright.  Really on the zoren?  I thought I should be increasing how often you can crit and how much those crits do.  Since the melee weapon I'm using is going to be thrown on valkyr for hystaria.

Well Do you have a suggestion for a better secondary in general?  And alright.  Really on the zoren?  I thought I should be increasing how often you can crit and how much those crits do.  Since the melee weapon I'm using is going to be thrown on valkyr for hystaria.

Aklato will do for now, but something like a Bolto or Lex might do you better.

Crits are multipliers on the normal base damage, with crappy normal damage the crits will also be crappy.  Go ahead and put crit chance on, but you'll also need base damage.

Aklato will do for now, but something like a Bolto or Lex might do you better.

Crits are multipliers on the normal base damage, with crappy normal damage the crits will also be crappy.  Go ahead and put crit chance on, but you'll also need base damage.

So how do I increase base damage then?

So how do I increase base damage then?

For primary weapons, Serration.

For secondary weapons, Hornet Strike.

For melee weapons, Pressure Point.

After you put that mod in (with a few ranks in it!) put in a mod or two that gives elemental damage (fire, electricity, cold, toxin).Elemental damage is ALWAYS applied, it does NOT depend on the status chance.

For primary weapons, Serration.

For secondary weapons, Hornet Strike.

For melee weapons, Pressure Point.

After you put that mod in (with a few ranks in it!) put in a mod or two that gives elemental damage (fire, electricity, cold, toxin).Elemental damage is ALWAYS applied, it does NOT depend on the status chance.

That'a a big help.  Guess i'll need to be on the look out for hornet strike then.  What about mods that increae slash/puncture etc.  those any useful?

Also my boltor is rank 30 and i'm only able to use 3 mods on it with those mods being upgraded.  Is it normal for most guns to need to be potatoed?

And another question.  I know what forma does.  But there is an orokin item that doubles the capacity for my mods i think.  So why would people forma if that option is there?

- Elemental damage is increased off of the total base.

- Physical damage (impact/puncture/slash) on the other hand, only works off of that one stat.

So for 9/10 weapons, physical damage mods will be weaker than elemental damage mods.

Polarities on certain weapons can help a lot, and some mods are also more efficient in the effect per point spent on them.  A potato alone is often not enough to fill every available slot with mods.

- Elemental damage is increased off of the total base.

- Physical damage (impact/puncture/slash) on the other hand, only works off of that one stat.

So for 9/10 weapons, physical damage mods will be weaker than elemental damage mods.

Polarities on certain weapons can help a lot, and some mods are also more efficient in the effect per point spent on them.  A potato alone is often not enough to fill every available slot with mods.

So for guns I plan on using a ton of I should potato?

As for warframes is it better for me to forma?  or potato?

So for guns I plan on using a ton of I should potato?

As for warframes is it better for me to forma?  or potato?

A potato will always give far more points than a Forma, generally if you're willing to put forth the effort to Forma something a few times, you'll want to put a potato into it.

Just note that while putting a potato and some Forma into a weapon will make it stronger, you get more out of doing it to a higher-end weapon than a lower-end one.  Generally people who potato+Forma lower-end things do it for fun or personal preference after they've already built and completed some sets of high-end gear.

I know what forma does.  But there is an orokin item that doubles the capacity for my mods i think.  So why would people forma if that option is there?

Because the double capacity is usually not enough.

One max. corrupted mod needs 11 - 16 capacity & max. Serration needs 14 capacity.

Edited by -S-O-Yetili

A potato will always give far more points than a Forma, generally if you're willing to put forth the effort to Forma something a few times, you'll want to put a potato into it.

Just note that while putting a potato and some Forma into a weapon will make it stronger, you get more out of doing it to a higher-end weapon than a lower-end one.  Generally people who potato+Forma lower-end things do it for fun or personal preference after they've already built and completed some sets of high-end gear.

Oh I see.  so it's not potato or forma.  It's potato+forma on most end game things?

Because the double capacity is usually not enough.

One max. corrupted mod needs 11 - 16 capacity & max. Serration needs 14 capacity.

So you use them in combination when you use builds that use corrupt mods.

I probably shouldn't potato my boltor then.  I should probably find a better weapon.

How do you know what's worth potato's and forma's?  I'm not even slightly considering doing that to a frame yet.  I'm not that far.

It's mainly a weapon concern since my boltor at 30 can only hold 3 mods.

Oh I see.  so it's not potato or forma.  It's potato+forma on most end game things?

Generally yes.  The amount of effort put into applying multiple Forma to a weapon (ranking it to 30 multiple times) is often more than needed to run Void enough to sell rare prime parts and buy a potato with it (potatos are just 20 plat and people will pay more than that for some prime parts).

Generally yes.  The amount of effort put into applying multiple Forma to a weapon (ranking it to 30 multiple times) is often more than needed to run Void enough to sell rare prime parts and buy a potato with it (potatos are just 20 plat and people will pay more than that for some prime parts).

So in other words I need to find a good gun and then forma+potato it?  What Primary should I be aiming for?  I heard the soma is pretty great.  But I only just hit mastery rank 4 today.  And I need a new secondary.  What's your opinion on dual cleavers versus dual zoren? (for my valkyr hystaria)

So in other words I need to find a good gun and then forma+potato it?  What Primary should I be aiming for?  I heard the soma is pretty great.  But I only just hit mastery rank 4 today.  And I need a new secondary.  What's your opinion on dual cleavers versus dual zoren? (for my valkyr hystaria)

Hm... well some mainstay primaries that, once potato'd and Forma'd will last most of the game (so they can be fallback weapons for really strong content) would be the Boltor Prime, Dread, Hek, Kohm, Latron Prime, Opticor, Paris Prime, Phage, and Soma Prime.

Likewise, secondaries that are generally considered good investments of the plat/effort would be the (Telos) Akbolto, Castanas, Despair, Detron, (Secura) Dual Cestra, Hikou Prime, (Vaykor) Marelok, and the Synoid Gammacor.

Of course there's a variety of weapons in there, so people usually choose based on playstyle.  Some are shotguns, some have limited range but are strong in that range, some are bows, some are rifles, etc.

However if you need something accessible to you right now to put a potato (or maybe a Forma or two) into in order to help you beat higher-level content to get at some of this stuff...

Primary: Tiberon, Hek (with the syndicate mod), Vectis, Paris Prime, Quanta, Boltor Prime.

Secondary: (Most of the above secondary list, minus the Marelok, are available at MR4.)

As far as melee weapon selection for Hysteria, the Dual Zoren have a high crit chance and multiplier so see how those work out for you.

Hm... well some mainstay primaries that, once potato'd and Forma'd will last most of the game (so they can be fallback weapons for really strong content) would be the Boltor Prime, Dread, Hek, Kohm, Latron Prime, Opticor, Paris Prime, Phage, and Soma Prime.

Likewise, secondaries that are generally considered good investments of the plat/effort would be the (Telos) Akbolto, Castanas, Despair, Detron, (Secura) Dual Cestra, Hikou Prime, (Vaykor) Marelok, and the Synoid Gammacor.

Of course there's a variety of weapons in there, so people usually choose based on playstyle.  Some are shotguns, some have limited range but are strong in that range, some are bows, some are rifles, etc.

However if you need something accessible to you right now to put a potato (or maybe a Forma or two) into in order to help you beat higher-level content to get at some of this stuff...

Primary: Tiberon, Hek (with the syndicate mod), Vectis, Paris Prime, Quanta, Boltor Prime.

Secondary: (Most of the above secondary list, minus the Marelok, are available at MR4.)

As far as melee weapon selection for Hysteria, the Dual Zoren have a high crit chance and multiplier so see how those work out for you.

I like the look of the vectis.  It might help with my mesa.  And the hek seems like an alright gun for my valkyr.  Does hek absolutely need to have that mod in order to run things like low void missions or orokin ship missions?

Also what's your opinion on the vasto secondary?