Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Pc] Lack Of Mmo Feel For A Hardcore Player

Aodan

Almost MR 10, as of posting.

Only thing I've ever Forma'd is my Valkyr. Once. Due to her dual status as The Immortal Waifu and The First Lady Of Getting-S#&$-Done-sylvania.

And yet, in my most fancy dress imported from the finest seamstresses in Getting-S#&$-Done-sylvania, I only juuuuust squeak over 1000.

(Also, I've been around since before Conclave even existed, whippersnapper. How do you think people managed to find people to work with before that?)

I'm a closed beta tester and missed u6-13. In a month I'm now efficiently maxed out on 4 frames and climbing and currently the top dps weapons.

Efficient play is enjoyable for me. I easily understand that majority of wf players are not efficient players and that I should avoid carrying pugs or "play for fun" types.

I got a clear impression from this thread.

The weird feel is due to many players in wf never testing or playing difficult and high tier mmo content or competitive gaming.

So I simply do not jive with most players, not cause I'm elitest, but because I value efficiency in my play much greater than most. I absolutely abhor wasting time when playing video games.

Edited by Aodan

Abhor wasting time playing... video games.

Mm.

Righto.

But basically, a lot of people in Warframe don't care about top-tier S#&$ cuz it's not needed. The only time that the MAXIMUM EFFICIENCY is ever needed or relevant is when people go for stupid amounts of time in endless missions, or when DE pulls something like Phoenix Intercept (knowingly or otherwise. See the snafu with Ogma Elite).

And going for stupid amounts of time doesn't even get you anything. It just saves keys on void missions. At 25 minutes it cycles right back around to the 5 minute rewards.

Abhor wasting time playing... video games.

Mm.

Righto.

But basically, a lot of people in Warframe don't care about top-tier S#&$ cuz it's not needed. The only time that the MAXIMUM EFFICIENCY is ever needed or relevant is when people go for stupid amounts of time in endless missions, or when DE pulls something like Phoenix Intercept (knowingly or otherwise. See the snafu with Ogma Elite).

And going for stupid amounts of time doesn't even get you anything. It just saves keys on void missions. At 25 minutes it cycles right back around to the 5 minute rewards.

Hobbies are never a waste of time.

To the rest of your post /truth

Hince in another thread, the RNG tables for long runs are mainly to save keys and hope the time pays off.

-snip-

Basically from what I have read from your posts in this thread, is that you want Warframe to have as toxic of a community as WoW and other games like it. No thanks. I have played WoW for years and also a few other MMOs, their communities are,if nothing else, toxic. If Warframe Had a community like that, it would die as a game. This game would become a pay to win game, because you would have to have the best weapons/warframes to be able to play at all.  

Edited by Colgach

Basically from what I have read from your posts in this thread, is that you want Warframe to have as toxic of a community as WoW and other games like it. No thanks. I have played WoW for years and also a few other MMOs, their communities are,if nothing else, toxic. If Warframe Had a community like that, it would die as a game. This game would become a pay to win game, because you would have to have the best weapons/warframes to be able to play at all.

Very inaccurate statement. Top raiding guilds had very little toxicity, but clans in wf are so half &#! that they basically serve as an additional recruitment channel and tenno lab. Clans in wf are nothing like clans in other MMOs, wf clans are lifeless and devoid of barely any really building of cohesion.

Nor did you ever have to pay to win to enjoy high end raiding or content. Watch, there will be very comprised comps and strats for raids if DE makes them any bit of a challenge. If they are, I don't for see many players really accomplishing raids because most mentalities are not geared to actually playing the game at a high level of skill/thought.

Edited by Aodan

Very inaccurate statement. Top raiding guilds had very little toxicity, but clans in wf are so half ! that they basically serve as an additional recruitment channel and tenno lab. Clans in wf are nothing like clans in other MMOs, wf clans are lifeless and devoid of barely any really building of cohesion.

Nor did you ever have to pay to win to enjoy high end raiding or content. Watch, there will be very comprised comps and strats for raids if DE makes them any bit of a challenge. If they are, I don't for see many players really accomplishing raids because most mentalities are not geared to actually playing the game at a high level of skill/thought.

"Very inaccurate statement. Top raiding guilds had very little toxicity"

As I was a player of a top end raiding guild, I can call BS on this fairly easily, I got to watch as the prissy &#! other raiders fought over who got what gear. Because of this, the guild and raid group fell apart. The HIGHEST end raiders are PAID for their cohesion, so really they are moot to your point.

"clans in wf are so half ! that they basically serve as an additional recruitment channel and tenno lab" 

This is exactly what they are, but that isn't a bad thing, it gives people more options for people to run with.

"Clans in wf are nothing like clans in other MMOs, wf clans are lifeless and devoid of barely any really building of cohesion."

This is a good thing, clans in Warframe are for community building, and if you can find people you like to run with in your clan, you can build group cohesion.

"Nor did you ever have to pay to win to enjoy high end raiding or content."

I wasn't talking about the MMOs, I was talking about Warframe, because you have the option to pay other players for the best gear in the game. This being so, players like what you want would DEMAND this to run pretty much anything. making this game very unfriendly to new players.

"Watch, there will be very comprised comps and strats for raids if DE makes them any bit of a challenge." 

Oh, I'm sure there will be, but at the same time there will be a lot of players that will be breaking the meta and doing very well in the raids.

"I don't for see many players really accomplishing raids because most mentalities are not geared to actually playing the game at a high level of skill/thought."

And this ^ is just a toxic way of thinking in general. With thinking like this, anything that goes against the meta is bad, and in warframe this is far from the truth. Hell I have run an hour long T4S with a Rhino, Valkyr, and Ember. Just for the lols.

"Top tier WoW guilds have very little toxicity"

Yeah... I call BS. The only ones that don't, world record ones? They're sponsored. Everything below is a cesspool. And if you're a newer player or a 'casual', good luck trying to find someone to play with you regardless of how willing to learn or how skilled.

Players can use their favorite weapons and frames with equal efficiency to your synoid, if they can wield them good. What if I want to bring my Paris P or Dread to snipe HP tanks from a distance before they can do any damage to the team? Should I not be allowed because Boltor P has better DPS?

*plays Onyxia moar dots remix*

Yeah... look, I love WoW but it's community isn't exactly the best. If Warframe's being more laidback annoys you so much, -WHY- don't you go back to WoW?

"Top tier WoW guilds have very little toxicity"

Yeah... I call BS. The only ones that don't, world record ones? They're sponsored. Everything below is a cesspool. And if you're a newer player or a 'casual', good luck trying to find someone to play with you regardless of how willing to learn or how skilled.

Players can use their favorite weapons and frames with equal efficiency to your synoid, if they can wield them good. What if I want to bring my Paris P or Dread to snipe HP tanks from a distance before they can do any damage to the team? Should I not be allowed because Boltor P has better DPS?

*plays Onyxia moar dots remix*

Yeah... look, I love WoW but it's community isn't exactly the best. If Warframe's being more laidback annoys you so much, -WHY- don't you go back to WoW?

Combat, visuals, and ease of farming plat. More versatility as far as frames to optimize and constant updates

Also no monthly fee / don't need to farm in game currency to counter monthly fee.

I always subsidize monthly fees, not to mention plat can get you anything needed in the game, so if I can't play, I can come back and buy what I missed out on with the plat I can make/save

Edited by Aodan

Combat, visuals, and ease of farming plat. More versatility as far as frames to optimize and constant updates

Also no monthly fee / don't need to farm in game currency to counter monthly fee.

Hm... yeah, I guess pretty much same as me.

But still, the rest of the points remain.

This thread reeks of elitism and ego.

QFT

How in hell does Mastery relate to skill? Mastery is mainly gained through leveling equipment which a trained monkey could do (granted, under supervision, but still). As for Conclave I can go spend 10k plat in the market to get me some shiny primes along with mods to build them for "endgame". Guess skill is related to one's wallet then. 

Edited by tisdfogg

I've got two "main" loadouts on Rhino.

One has a conclave rating of 1700+, the other is 1400+.

And the build with the 1400 conclave is a lot better in general.

If I just put on all the high conclave mods, I get something over 2000.

In short, conclave doesn't say much about the loadout past a certain mark.

Anyway, one guy joined the mission to level his rank 11 Braton he just forma'd for the 7th time. The other is in need of Nano-spores. A third one is trying to find the special chests to get a booster. Then we have another one that is just trying out random weapons for the sake of some variation.

Not everyone is doing the missions to just rush through it or to be "efficient". Some just want to have their little fun.

So the way I see it, it's not that the players don't know "how to play", it's just that they are not playing "the way you want them to play". 

When I join a PuG, I expect random playstyles and people who have other objectives on their mind.

When I want to be efficient, I run solo most of the time. If I want a T4S 1h+ run, I'll assemble a group.

Do I want some random fun or help out random people? PuG it is.

If they are, I don't for see many players really accomplishing raids because most mentalities are not geared to actually playing the game at a high level of skill/thought.

I think you are way overestimating how hard these raids are gonna be - beating level 80 enemies just requires the same CC power spamming we have already & well ranked mods/forma'd weapons - which can be done without even brushing your ludicrous Conclave requirements. Those puzzles we got a glimpse of are not going to require any real coordination after everyone has had their first few attempts - so I'm not even certain the usual raid standard - mic comms - is going to be all that necessary either.

Your concerns about forming a L337 raid group sound mostly ego driven more than anything else. Power to you if that's what you need to feel happy/comfortable doing them - but the vibe you're giving off that the community at large needs to shape up to your standard of play is laughable.

I think you're also missing a fundamental fact of Warframe - its not really a skill focused game.

The only requirements for reaching our current "high levels" or "endgame" content are having way too much time and being capable of suspending higher human brain function so you can act like a hamster in a wheel for 2/3 hours at a stretch.