Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Loki Is Just Too Strong

Xamuswing

Expect without in game numbers, most people believed that the P. Skana was better........ until people saw the numbers. You are thinking the mind set of people who know not of those who had no in game numbers to work on. Most people saw that with the Bright Purity the P, Skana would have more raw damage than the Dakra Prime, coupled with the stronger critical chance and critical damage.

Then they were mistaken. Some math:

Just taking base damage and relevant mods, Prisma Skana has 35 base damage. Using base damage mods, you can bring that up using Bright Purity, Pressure Point and Spoiled Strike, giving it a total of 176.

The Dakra Prime has 60 base damage, and you can bring that up 220% using the base damage mods alone, to 207 damage.

THe problem arises when you add the crit multipliers, which push the P. Skana over the Dakra Prime. However, the Dakra Prime not only comes with a higher non-crit base damage, and therefore more consistent DPS,but is able to fit another elemental (or otherwise) mod that was taken up in the Skana Prime by the augment. Since both are crit viable (the P. Skana more so, but since Berserker is capped it doesn't make much difference) the Dakra Prime comes out on top. Many factors.....blah blah blah. You've heard it before. Honestly, I think we should drop this. It isn't really adding to the argument either way.

IF THE METHOD TO GET THE EFFECT IS IRRELEVANT IF THE EFFECT IS OP! DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND YOUR OWN ARGUMENT???

The method, which is 20 seconds of standing still is irrelevant because the effect, which is killing everything in a 50m radius, is OP. Your logic, not mine.

THe effects within the ability that limit it are not the METHOD. They are a PART of the ability. You cannot DECIDE wether you can stand there for 20 seconds or not, you HAVE to. You don't HAVE to take cover when casting RD. You do it if you don't want to die, sure, but it doesn't FORCE you to. In the situation you described to be, the 20 seconds were not OPTIONAL. No matter your skill level, play time or progress, no matter if you're fighting level 1 or 9000 enemies, the 20 seconds would be 20 seconds.

So if a pro player in CS took an AK-47 and pretty much one shoted everyone because he learned how to pull off headshots really well, would that be consider OP?

And the example you bring up is a glitch in the game, not an actual system. Loki isn't a glitch nor are his abilities.

Do you know what OP is? You keep bring up things that aren't even close to OP and call them OP. So tell me, what is your definition of OP?

Don't headshots with any weapon kill instantly? That is obviously a factor of the player's skill. No matter if a new or veteran player shoots you in the head, you would still die. A veteran player would be able to do it more often, but it would still still be balanced within the scope of the game. NO one's going to scream OMG AK 2 OP because they can pull it off with just about any weapon to any player (equal oppurtunity), it's an intended mechanic in the game that doesn't overly punish or reward any player or his teammates, does not trivialize the game's difficulty and content, and the weapon itself has balancing factors inherent in its use that can be mitigated, but not removed, by skilled play. If any  one of those key factors were not true, then yes, it would be OP. HOwever, it holds to each and every one of those factors. Continually misrepresenting what I say isn't getting us anywhere.

Ok, since you want to keep bring up subjective and objective. Would you ask an artist (relevant authority) to critique your artwork or a random bystander (person with unknown levels of interest in the topic)? You can only ask one.

Really? Again? It's a horribly vague question, with quite a lot of variables here. What am I going to do with the painting? Will I fix it, depending on feedback? Do I just wnt to hear "it looks good"? Advertising? Come on, man, give me something to work with here.