Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Alert Timing?

JebusHCripes

you really think alerts is what keeps players playing the game? that's honestly hilarious. you disproved this yourself. you have all the alert blueprints, and an obscene amount of forma, and i think its safe to assume you're good on potatoes. this is going to be the case with most players who have played the game for some time. they simply already have the rewards for these alerts or just don't need them. alerts aren't to retain players, they are to provide resource revenue if you happen to be online at the given time. 

what keeps players playing are changes and new content, or the fact that they simply like playing the game? new frames/weapons are introduced at a good rate, and with changes like 2.0 things are staying fresh as far as gameplay mechanics go

No, I don't think alerts keep players playing, which is why there's no reason to not extend their length. All they do is frustrate people. I'm just saying that's the thought process behind their inclusion.

Resource revenue comes from stable sources, like Dark Sectors or high level missions. This is just another dice roll that attempts to reward players for being online at the given time and RNG-time gates those who aren't.

Alerts are this game's "LIVE" aspect .....

If, in real life, there is information that persons of interest (targets) are going to be in one place for a limited amount of time ....... would you be able to find them there after that period of time has ended!?

So ...no .... alerts should only be done in the displayed period of time.

I had similar problem with vauban helmet alert times: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/393403-vauban-helmet-blueprint-alerts/. Finally got it about month ago.

And I was not alone: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/401607-please-choose-the-vauban-helmet-for-the-next-vauban-piece-alert/

There wasn´t a single vauban helmet alert in GMT+1 afternoon or evening hours (peek hours) since May 2014 (out of 15 alerts), except one 24 hours gift from lotus in September. It doesn´t look completely random to me. Well thats huge time passed until February till alert was reachable for me. We had some chat with clanies and some was "forced" to do helmet alert at 3am lol.

And here we go, over 400 hours warframe online and half year later, constantly connected to companion app and still don´t have corrosive projection and dead eye auras. However I have almost every other aura at least duplicate.