Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Question About Lag/hosting (Story Inside)

AM-Bunny

Question

So I was doing a two-person core farming group. I was Banshee, the other guy was Mag. The first run we do, he's hosting, and crashes. I get 'host migration' but miraculously make it back into the game and get to extraction. We try again.

This time - he's hosting again - he insists he's not getting energy orbs, even though I'm getting energy just fine. After about 10 minutes of seeing it's not sustainable, we extract again. I offer to host since he seems to be lagging, and we try it again with me as host.

Same deal as the second time. He's not getting energy, but I am. He's really upset at this point and is blaming me. He gets angry that I would even suggest that he's lagging because his connection is apparently so Godlike. He repeatedly insists that my crappy connection is somehow causing him to not be able to gain energy even though I personally was getting energy just fine.

Long story short, things got somewhat heated between us, and I don't think we'll be playing together again. I feel sorta bad about how it all went down, but I'm left wondering, is it possible that my bad connection could've caused him to lag even when he was hosting? I'll admit I don't know a lot about this, so I'm just looking for some peace of mind on the matter.

Thanks.

2 answers to this question