Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Silva And Aegis Proposed Changes

-FV-Wsocks

Blocking
THIS JUST IN: For whatever strange reason, this weapon, sword and shield combo, is actually WORSE at blocking than all other melee weapons. That's right. This weapon consumes MORE stamina while blocking. At this point I can only assume someone made an outright mistake with this weapon. How does that make sense at all?

To fit the sword+shield theme. I think it makes sense that using the shield to block would use a smaller amount of stamina than other weapons. I don't think it would offset this weapon's abysmal damage but it would be something to make it worth using... maybe. 

Damage

Yo. This thing looks dope as Hek but it's damage is through the floor and then some. This thing could get away with a straight +100% damage buff and still wouldn't come close to competing with the other top tier weapons, and that's sad. Real talk? Just increase the weapon's  base damage by 20. Something to make it worth fighting with and not just eyecandy for ya arm.

Quick Melee
It wouldn't be out of character, considering the stance, to be able to throw the shield as a charged quick attack. If you're not going to buff the damage, how about giving the weapon a bit more utility at least? 

Great design on the weapon. It's the only weapon in it's class. Shame it's not much worth using other than for it's looks. 

Got some ideas? Disagree with mine? 

Let me know, dog. 

EDIT:
Yo. Why is the Silva and Aegis worse than the Skana. Guys. Come one. 

Edited by wearing_socks

You don't seem to understand. The shield is MEANT for offense. It's built for it. All those thin lines with space between them would be completely impractical for defensive use.

You'd think the Ogris rocket launcher would be completely impractical for a silent weapon, but whaddaya know?

I agree that the perforations in the shield would be of detriment to blocking projectile attacks, but I'm willing to just take it as a choice of aesthetics. All in all, the thing is a shield. Shields do blocking stuff, and you generally don't need to flail around a shield in order to block things, as opposed to perhaps a bladed weapon. 

So yes, Mr.Socks, I do agree that the Silva and Aegis should consume less stamina when blocking. 

You don't seem to understand. The shield is MEANT for offense. It's built for it. All those thin lines with space between them would be completely impractical for defensive use.

Aight. If the shield was meant for offense, then just make it deal more damage. Fin. Win win. 

I agree with OP mostly, though I am not as keen on the Quick Melee charge throw.

I'd like to add that while the shield has gaps in it when deployed, it's filled with fire. I'd guess it can interfere with some bullets and stuff. Also, to hell with logic (to an extent), this is a game where you need very recently discovered substances (Oxium) for an "ancient" weapon (Tonbo).

The blocking should really be buffed, either by decreasing stamina use, allowing for more recharge (maybe full?) while blocking, or a combination of both (more recharge + stamina use decline to lesser extent). I mean, it's a shield. I know I said to hell with logic, but this is general fairy-tale stuff. Knights who have a sword to kill and a shield for not being killed.

A proper reason to buff this weapon damage-wise and in general? Weeell, let's see. You require clan research. You require a forma to build this. All this effort and resources to build a weapon that is inadequate in performance to even the most basic of weapons, some of which procured instantly? This game might lack logic in some areas (and it's mostly funny), but I think logic should be applied to balancing resource/time costs and the subsequent reward in form of an adequately potent weapon.

I agree with OP mostly, though I am not as keen on the Quick Melee charge throw.

I'd like to add that while the shield has gaps in it when deployed, it's filled with fire. I'd guess it can interfere with some bullets and stuff. Also, to hell with logic (to an extent), this is a game where you need very recently discovered substances (Oxium) for an "ancient" weapon (Tonbo).

The blocking should really be buffed, either by decreasing stamina use, allowing for more recharge (maybe full?) while blocking, or a combination of both (more recharge + stamina use decline to lesser extent). I mean, it's a shield. I know I said to hell with logic, but this is general fairy-tale stuff. Knights who have a sword to kill and a shield for not being killed.

A proper reason to buff this weapon damage-wise and in general? Weeell, let's see. You require clan research. You require a forma to build this. All this effort and resources to build a weapon that is inadequate in performance to even the most basic of weapons, some of which procured instantly? This game might lack logic in some areas (and it's mostly funny), but I think logic should be applied to balancing resource/time costs and the subsequent reward in form of an adequately potent weapon.

The quick melee was more of a fun addition more than a serious one like the others. I agree with your logic behind how the difficulty in the acquisition of the weapon should have some effect on the weapon's power potential at least. 

I built this and Dual Ichor at the same time.

Looking at their stats side by side in my arsenal made me greatly regret my decision to ever build the Silva and Aegis. Well almost. God damn the weapon looks good. Any buffs would be greatly welcomed by me :)

So your going with logic? Ok. Because this game has logic.

Yeah. This game is about Ninjas who don't even play stealthly. That's logic.

The only game that is about ninjas and sticks to ninjas ways is Mark of the Ninja. Or something like that, I don't remember. Just read about the ninjas because I'm sick of people talking that you are ninjas in this game. And I'm sick of "Ninjas play free" promo for this game.

You can't breathe in vacuum but when you are wearing wings on your back you can. That's logic.

You can make rocket launcher silent. Because that's logic.

Because ninjas use katanas. That's logic.

In reality samurai used katanas

Because katana makes more impact damage than heavy blade (yeah that's a thing check Dragon Nikana and Galatine on wiki). That's logic.

Because you can clip through walls. That's logic.

*on the side*wait, this is not an actual feature for the game... it's a bug... goddamit... Why isn't it all fixed yet?

The shield actually uses MORE stamina on blocks, I believe. A waste of both a good weapon design and a Forma.

So, I can block MORE efficiently with a rocket propelled hammer than a shield? I don't even. If I were the creator of the weapon I'd feel quite insulted right now.

This needs some serious addressing.

Edited by Racercowboy

So, I can block MORE efficiently with a rocket propelled hammer than a shield? I don't even. If I were the creator of the weapon I'd feel quite insulted right now.

This needs some serious addressing.

Or with a whip. How about claws? Knuckles? A dagger?! This must not continue. 

Or with a whip. How about claws? Knuckles? A dagger?! This must not continue. 

apparently space ninjas must try really, really hard to block with a shield. All of that bullet trajectory calculation, concentration, and hand-eye coordination takes way less effort that putting a small object in front of you.

I know it's been stressed, but really, the shield needs to out block all other melee weapons at the very least. In it's current state, the SKANA, yes SKANA, of all weapons is a better melee. a STARTER weapon is outperforming a CLAN TECH weapon. This, should never happen.

Edited by Racercowboy

apparently space ninjas must try really, really hard to block with a shield. All of that bullet trajectory calculation, concentration, and hand-eye coordination takes way less effort that putting a small object in front of you.

I know it's been stressed, but really, the shield needs to out block all other melee weapons at the very least. In it's current state, the SKANA, yes SKANA, of all weapons is a better melee. a STARTER weapon is outperforming a CLAN TECH weapon. This, should never happen.

It's unfortunate but hopefully with the 'Year of Quality' upon us, we'll see some much needed changes to this weapon.