Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Krion's Corpus Weapon Wishlist

Krion112

Just for the fun of it, I thought I'd just post all the weapon concepts for the Corpus I've thought up. Many of them may be pretty easily criticized, overpowered, under-powered, or what have you, but even still these are the types of weapons I so desire the Corpus to manufacture sometime in the future:

Primaries

Vindex

-Shield LMG-

While aiming down sight, the Vindex will project a defensive shield before its wielder. The amount of damage and type of damage resistance is dependent on the damage and damage types the weapon can deal. Otherwise, firing the weapon will spray plasma bolts at a reasonably high rate of fire with low accuracy (ie, like the current Supra with increased projectile speed).

Mora

-Magnetic Sphere Launcher-

The main shot of the Mora requires a full charged shot. While charging, the projectile is visible at the end of the barrel and will electrocute nearby enemies. Upon release, the Mora will propel an energy orb similar to the Mine Osprey. This orb will stick to surfaces and does magnetic damage. It will detonate on contact with normal enemies, however orbs stuck to surfaces will slowly attract to nearby enemies.

Turma

-Burst-Fire Nanite Rifle-

The Turma fires semi-slow flying nanites in bursts of four. When the crosshair is placed directly on an enemy, these nanites will forever hunt that enemy. If not aiming directly at an enemy, the nanites will snake through the air but will not lock onto enemy targets. The Turma's base damage type is electrical.

Verso

-Plasma Discus Launcher-

The same weapon equipped on Anti-Moas. The longer the projectile is charged, the larger the radius of impact shockwaves. Projectiles will bounce severely times, even reflecting off enemy targets. 

Caput

-Lock-On Nanite Sniper-

Charging while the crosshair is on a target will cause this sniper to automatically maintain its aim toward the position on the target's body. Charging does not effect damage. At the end of the charge, the gun will fire a round and reset the charge. The shot of the sniper itself is a small nanite which travels excessively fast, faster than a Lanka round, and deals high puncture damage. If the target is killed by the shot and the nanite hasn't already retargeted, the nanite will remain active and seek out a nearby enemy.

Torrens

-Laser Beam Sniper-

Fires a sustained laser beam. While the beam fires, it quickly increases the charge meter. Once the charge meter completes, the gun will stop firing. If you stop firing the beam or reach full charge, you will be unable to fire the weapon until it depletes the charge meter. The Beam consumes ammo very slowly; by the time you'd reach a full charge, the beam would have consumed one ammo. 

Secondaries

Hebeto

-Basic Plasma Pistol-

This plasma pistol must charge before firing its plasma bolts. It will automatically fire its shot once it has reached full charge, but it can still fire at half charge. It has a slow charge rate, but has damage to compensate and is point accurate with little to no recoil. It does radiation base damage. Effectively, it is a Corpus counterpart to the Magnus. Would be the weapon used by Corrupted Crewmen.

Cava

-Marksman Pistol-

The plasma projectiles from the Cava will leave behind weak points on enemy armor. These weak points fade quickly, but slowly enough for the user to switch to a different weapon to utilize them. Primarily deals puncture damage.

Epoto

-Leech Nanite Pistol-

The Epoto fires off a high velocity leech nanite, which on impact with an enemy will damage them and then attempt to return to the wielder of the weapon. If it successfully returns, the nanite will recharge your shields based on the amount of damage dealt. Requires a full charge up sequence to fire, automatically shooting the nanite when at full charge.

Bruma

-Ice Flechette PDW-

A fully automatic sidearm that fires ice-shard rounds at high velocities. Likely uses Cryotic. Base cold damage. The ice flechettes are affected by gravity.

Melees

Cicer

-Sap Sword-

Using the same tech as the Sapping Osprey, the Cicer can cause sapping pulses. To achieve this, the user can stab the energy sword into the ground by means of holding the attack button, in the same way that thrown weapons are thrown and gun-blades shoot. It can be walked away from, but will eventually run out of charge and forcibly return to the user. It does magnetic base damage.

Aesta

-TAZER Dagger-

A short, two-sided energy dagger. When the attack is held, similar to gunblade, the Aesta will unleash a short bolt of electricity. Though the bolt itself does not do damage, it does guarantee a shock proc. The Aesta has base electrical damage.

Dual Aesta

-TAZER Nunchaku / Defibrillator-

Attached by an energy beam, the dual variant of the Aesta is capable of delivering quick attacks, often involving the use of the attachment beam. When the attack is held, the wielder will point the conducting tips of the weapons together, and then direct all that electricity into the direction they face. Any enemy hit by the charge attack at point black will be knocked away from the user.

Changes to Existing

Supra

-Remove Reloading; pulls from entire pool of ammo.

-Every second and third shots are half as accurate as the first shot in continuous fire, which would make it form a helix pattern around its central stream of plasma.

Lanka

-Increase Default Damage

-Increased Default Projectile Speed

Cestra / Dual Cestra / Secura Cestra 

-Slight Increase to Default Damage

Edited by Krion112

• 2 months later...

See, back when they announced the Mutalist Quanta, I thought it was gonna act like how you described your "Vindex" gun. I like that concept. Your other ones are pretty interesting as well. 

I thought just the regular Quanta was going to function this way, and it's what gave me the idea for such a weapon in the first place.

Unfortunately, it doesn't seem like many others were interested in my weapon wishlist.