The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Unusual High Amount Of Crashes Today

OptimusFrame

So the past weaks i mostly crashed like 2-3 times a day, but today i crash like every 5 minutes, it doesnt matter if i just sit in my liset and have the chat open or play i mission, i just crash non stop. I didnt change anything on my setup or have anything new running. Like i said yesterday all was fine with the usual amount fo crashes, but today i cant do anything in game.

Is your antivirus running the game in sandbox?

How are the temperatures?

Are you overclocking?

Have you done windows updates or updates to your firewall/antivirus?

Do you crash to desktop or does your entire pc freeze?

Have you run stress test programs such as furmark or prime95?

The way you describe the problem it really does sound like it is either pure hardware fault or a mix of hardware and software. Different programs work differently and it is not uncommon to be able to run other programs just fine where some specific application may crash constantly.

Is your antivirus running the game in sandbox?

How are the temperatures?

Are you overclocking?

Have you done windows updates or updates to your firewall/antivirus?

Do you crash to desktop or does your entire pc freeze?

Have you run stress test programs such as furmark or prime95?

The way you describe the problem it really does sound like it is either pure hardware fault or a mix of hardware and software. Different programs work differently and it is not uncommon to be able to run other programs just fine where some specific application may crash constantly.

I crash onto my Desktop getting the Crash pop up window to report the crash its always WAR-418758, going to write a support ticket and ask what this is about. Actually now as i think about it, i had to change to Windowed, Borderless-Window otherwise my whole PC would freeze.

My temperatures are fine, GPU is around 65°C the rest is lower. The game isnt run in a sandbox via my antivir software.

Stress test gets completed, no issues there.

From what i've experienced now i get way less crashes if i turn off my Opera Internet Browser completely, but thats strange, shouldnt influence Warframe at all.

Regarding the FPS Counter, i crash in the Liset with ~192 FPS. Didnt check in a game yet.

Edited by OptimusFrame

Turn vsync on and see if it takes longer to crash (or stops at all).

Vsync has no effect, same crashes.

So i just tested something i use a 64bit Windows Distribution, just switched the client to 32bit and where i normally would crash in the 64bit game, i just get some huge &#! slowdowns for a few secs and after that its fine again and the game doesnt seem to crash at all. Only minor downside is besides the 90 fps i am getting via the fps counter, the game doesnt run smooth. But for now i prefer playing with a game thats not smooth but where i can actually complete long missions without crashing.

Edited by OptimusFrame