Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is Hate Anything Special?

(PSN)IkariWarrior83

Question

So, the Stalker has been unusually generous to me, and I managed to get Despair and Hate within a week of each other.  Some of you may have posted in my last thread about Despair.  I modded it with firing speed mods, and I couldn't be happier.  It's great.  I had my doubts because on paper, Despair wasn't so great.

Then I got Hate.  I thought this time "I'll figure out how great it is, because Despair didn't look special, but I was so wrong about that!"  So I built it the instant I got it and...what's special about it?  I've gotten it up to rank 18, (no catalyst) and it seems like it's just a really slow scythe weapon.  It's primarily slash damage, but it pales in comparison to my Galatine.  Is there something I'm missing?  I'd hate to write this weapon off when the reality is I may be modding/using it wrong.

Thanks all!

23 answers to this question

The only things special about it are that it looks cool as hell in my opinion and it's a rare drop from the Stalker.

Apart from that it's very similar to other Scythe type weapons, that is, horrible in comparison to most things :P

Edited by Lord_Billos

No you're not missing anything, the hate is just a slow scyth weapon with very little damage that I wish was much better, it looks cool, but even with forma it basically still sucks compared to other weapons.

So no, not missing much, its just the weapon its self that needs a buff

hate using it

honestly i do, the damage isn't even that great, and it attacks way too slow. its status and crit chances are mediocre at best as well. imo all of the stalker's weapons are pretty trash with the possible exception of the dread. imo:

reaper prime outclasses the hate

hikou prime outclasses the despair

paris prime outclasses the dread

those are just my opinion, and based on stats alone because i've only been able to get my hands one of the stalkers weapons. however if you can't get a hold of any prime weapons, then the stalker's arsenal is going to do great for you

While the Reaper P does outclass the dread due to AS in no way does the Hikou or Paris outclass their dark counterparts.

Hikou prime has bad ammo economy and, number wise at least, Despair is capable of higher DPS, Dread and Paris P excel at different things, Paris P will be better overall against Grineer and in the Void, while dread on the other hand will be much better against corpus and infested with the addition of a 3x/4x Corrosive projection on the void or against Grineer.

The differences between those 2 are so minimal it would end up as just personal preference or situational.

hate using it

honestly i do, the damage isn't even that great, and it attacks way too slow. its status and crit chances are mediocre at best as well. imo all of the stalker's weapons are pretty trash with the possible exception of the dread. imo:

those are just my opinion, and based on stats alone because i've only been able to get my hands one of the stalkers weapons. however if you can't get a hold of any prime weapons, then the stalker's arsenal is going to do great for you

Dread's better than Paris P, blasphemer! A bit higher critical and higher damage(and because on high lvl missions people usually go 4x cp slash>puncture), only worse thing is a bit slower charging. Oh, and unlike Paris P dread doesn't clip like hell with everything! Remeber, Tenno- Stalker will hunt you for that blasphemy!

Hate sucks indeed, a pity because it looks  great.

Despair and Hikou P are quite similar. Hikou is slightly better because it has higher DPS and status but difference is small.

hate is a scythe and it drops from the stalker. that's all it needs to be special.

yeah, if you use it it sucks <lower back>, but hey, everyone and their parents will envy you because you have it.

Only noobs will envy somebody else for using it just because it's rare . "wow holy sh#t look at that he has the HATE !!  It's like the worst of scytes but dayyum its rare "

It is a pretty special weapon, one of a kind, really.  No other weapon has such a unique combination of being extremely rare and being absolutely terrible.

I'm marking your answer as "solving" my question.  It made me laugh and is apparently very true.  It's unfortunate that such a rare weapon is so terrible.  I have every intent of holding onto it, but I'll ditch it if I get another blueprint.  As it is, I suppose I'll be sticking with my Galatine.