Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can We Have Grenades?

Adder9

Ninja's also don't have abilities that warp reality and create elemental chaos. Nor could they use psychic powers. The Ninja Stance is pretty much just for looks, we've strayed from that for a while now.

Also, our powers don't hurt each other, neither do our weapons, grenades can function the same way.

Ninjas weren't spreading chaos and killing everybody around in the first place. Stop calling us ninjas. Even Ash and Loki aren't ninjas, since they are killing everyone in their way. Real Ninjas had an objective to take down one target, not everyone in their way, and stay undetected. Like ghosts. We Tenno on the other hand, we are not ninjas. We are weapons of mass destruction, bringing chaos to the galaxy. We're just the lesser evil.

Ninjas weren't spreading chaos and killing everybody around in the first place. Stop calling us ninjas. Even Ash and Loki aren't ninjas, since they are killing everyone in their way. Real Ninjas had an objective to take down one target, not everyone in their way, and stay undetected. Like ghosts. We Tenno on the other hand, we are not ninjas. We are weapons of mass destruction, bringing chaos to the galaxy. We're just the lesser evil.

Pretty much sums up the tenno right there.

They had grenades as gear items for the very first couple of iterations of the game, back in pre-alpha. But Steve and Scott said that they rarely used them. Powers were always more useful.

Maybe with so many other changes we will see something like grenades come back. Maybe.

Until then? I just use a Penta when I want stuff to explode.

I think grenade reintroduction would be nice because now we have much more new foes and you don't have to bring explosive weapon and explosive frame to see things explode :D

Grenade would be nice in PvP 2.0 too (since they claim energy will be scarce).

Edited by Hueminator

Personally, I support this. They got rid of Grenades because they weren't living up to powers? Well how about my guns, do they live up to my powers? What about Specters, do they live up to my powers? Grenades could have a usable niche for a purpose not designed to be the same as Powers.

For example, I thought it'd be an awesome concept if literally grenades weren't focused on crowd control damage, but that our grenades would be built for the purpose of delivering a 100% elemental proc against our enemies. Like that'd be all that they do; provide a small radius of guaranteed elemental proc to enemies within the radius.