Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[DE]Rebecca

Rebecca and I are in a constant fight about this. By which I mean, I lament it and she ignores me or says "Noted." - They probably won't come in the history of eternity, but DE will more than likely expand the avatar packs. inb4 pay2customize. :D

Sadface. 

And my trinity still ain't showing. Double sadface. 

I want to use a custom image...

Rebecca and I are in a constant fight about this. By which I mean, I lament it and she ignores me or says "Noted." - They probably won't come in the history of eternity, but DE will more than likely expand the avatar packs. inb4 pay2customize. :D

Ced23Ric my good man, I would also purely love to have my own avatar.  One look at the Wiki clans page demonstrates why DE is probably wise not to allow this. 

I don't know where you hail from, but here in the US, there is no longer much sense of personal responsibility.  Translation: Some attention-@#&*( will use something inappropriate, someone (or someone's mother/parent/teacher/etc.) will get mad, and suddenly SOMEBODY should have DONE something about this!!!  Attorneys get involved, dollar signs get thrown around, and a sucking cesspool ensues. 

I respect DE for trying to set rules and then stick by them, and so if having a friendly co-op game means I don't get to create my very own little ani gif of Bruce WIllis/Dwayne Johnson/Chuck Norris/spaceships/asplushuns/LOLcatz/whatever, I'm a little saddened but ultimately okay with it.  *sniff*

Just to note: log out/log in didn't work (Firefox), manually clearing cache (Firefox) didn't work, but logging in on a different browser that I hadn't used for Warframe forums before (IE) immediately changed it on both browsers, for me.

I can't seem to change mine either. I guess it should show up on its own eventually {cheers Vieuxchat}... They look so tiny though, could've been a bit larger just like the old excalibur avatar ;o

I'm glad you guys decided to keep it warframe related rather than random custom avatars, +1 on that. Otherwise I might've gone over to the dark side :P

9qx4ijr.png

Edited by CapricaSix

Just to note: log out/log in didn't work (Firefox), manually clearing cache (Firefox) didn't work, but logging in on a different browser that I hadn't used for Warframe forums before (IE) immediately changed it on both browsers, for me.

Thanks, this worked for me.

I logged in on another browser (more specifically another computer) went to the forums and viewed my own profile and the avatar updated globally (also on my other computer)

Now i am wondering, why do ember and excalibur have such ugly avatars? what are those lines there for?

Edited by rabcor

That did the trick, thanks for the tip !

Could be your browser's cache, as it would explain why the trick of switching browser works.

Seems unlikely. It is loaded from the webserver.

What instructs it to choose one over the other though? Where is it pulling its data off from?

Seems unlikely. It is loaded from the webserver.

What instructs it to choose one over the other though? Where is it pulling its data off from?

Yea, but the images are probably cached to prevent wasted bandwidth. But I don't know why the trick of switching browser sometimes help.