The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Started As A Simple Curisoity On The Shotgun Price Range

Phoenimon

FIXED

edit 2 FIXED! for real this time.

Keep in mind that the gold are the key weapons that were first being tested with, the teal are just the ones to get out of the way so people wouldn't poke at me and say that I left out the ones that were similar. Also, these calculations were made with unmodded weapons and that I had rifle amp going as well. I will not be doing this for EVERY weapon, as I do not have the inventory space or the patience to grind the resorces to craft the weapons with.

So it all started when people kept asking which shotgun they could use and with not being sure myself, I decided to take the time to try them all. When doing so, I could feel that something was a little off when using the primary three. Out of curiosity, I took the time to calculate them by testing each against the commonly green grineers found on the mars extermination map. After I got those done, I then figured "why not?" and decided to work with the burst fire secondary to see if something was off with those too.

Anyways, here's what I came up with in the end. Mind you that this isn't something fancy like the draft with the DPS/DPM, this was only made to see what each weapons damage overall would be when not modded and not have ammo picked up. Also, the calculations might be wrong with the ammo over all but hey, nobody can be perfect.

Hek = 7 pelts per shot
Hek : 7 (pelts) x 6 (up close body shot damage) = 42 (damage) x 4 (shots) = 168 (total damage per clip)

42 x 120 (side ammo) =  5040

168 + 5040 = 5208 (damage in all)

Strun = 10 pelts per shot
Strun : 10 (pelts) X 4 (up close body shot damage) = 40 (damage) X 6 (shots) = 240 (total damage per clip)

40 x 120 (side ammo) =  4800

240 + 4800 =  5040 (damage in all)

Boar = 6 pelts per shot
Boar : 6 (pelts) x 4 (up close body shot damage) = 24 (damage) x 10 (shots) = 240 (total damage per clip)

24 x 120 (side ammo) = 2880

240 + 2880 = 3120 (damage in all)

Bronco = 7 pelts per shot
Bronco : 7 (pelts) x 5 (up close body shot damage) = 35 (damage) x 2 (shots) = 70 (total damage per clip)

35 x 210 (side ammo) = 7350

70 + 7350 = 7420 (damage in all)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sicarus = 3 shots per burst
Sicarus : 3 (shots per burst) x 8 (up close body shot damage) = 24 (damage) x 15 (shots) = 360 (total damage per clip)

24  x 210 (side ammo) = 5040

360 + 5040 = 5400 (damage in all)

Kraken = 2 shots per burst
Kraken : 2 (shots per burst) x 14 (up close body shot damage) = 28 (damage) x 14 (shots) = 392 (total damage per clip)

28 x 210 (side ammo) = 5880

392 + 5880 = 6272 (damage in all)

Burston = 3 shots per burst
Burston: 3 (shots per burst) x 7 (upclose body shot damage) = 21 (damage) x 45 (shots) = 945 (total damage per clip)

21  x 540 (side ammo) = 11340

945 + 11340 = 12285 (damage in all)

Anyway, what I'm getting at is that with the Strun being much stronger then the Boar in damage over all and that the Strun has a polarity to it where the other does not, I find it being too low of a price with how it can out shine over the other primary shotguns. I'm not saying that it should be nerfed, but rather just maybe have the price changed around.

Again, this is a one time test. I will not have the patience to do this again if the weapons were to get nerfed or buffed between updates.

Edited by Phoenimon

Yeah, but you're multiplying by your ammo twice.

Hek : 7 (pelts) x 6 (up close body shot damage) = 42 (damage) x 4 (shots) = 168 (total damage per clip) x 120(+4 at the ready) (ammo) = 20164 (damage in all)

7 x 6 = 42 x 4 shots = 168 x (120 + 4)

^ this is your damage for the whole clip

7 x 6 = 42 x 4 shots = 168 x (120 + 4)

^ which you then multiply by your whole ammo, so your result is 124 clips of damage, not 124 rounds of ammo

Side ammo is not counted in magazines, it's counted in bullets.

Hek = 7 pelts per shot
Hek : 7 (pelts) x 6 (up close body shot damage) = 42 (damage) x (4 (shots) + 120 (side ammo)) = 5208 (damage in all)

Strun : 10 (pelts) X 4 (up close body shot damage) = 40 (damage) X (6 (shots) + 120 (side ammo)) = 5040 (damage in all)

Boar = 6 pelts per shot
Boar : 6 (pelts) x 4 (up close body shot damage) = 24 (damage) x (10 (shots) + 120 (side ammo)) = 3120 (damage in all)

Bronco : 7 (pelts) x 5 (up close body shot damage) = 35 (damage) x (2 (shots) + 210 (side ammo)) = 7420 (damage in all)

Apparently, I should get myself a Bronco.

Edited by Zeddypanda

Hek = 7 pelts per shot

Hek : 7 (pelts) x 6 (up close body shot damage) = 42 (damage) x (4 (shots) + 120 (side ammo)) = 5208 (damage in all)

Strun : 10 (pelts) X 4 (up close body shot damage) = 40 (damage) X (6 (shots) + 120 (side ammo)) = 5040 (damage in all)

Boar = 6 pelts per shot

Boar : 6 (pelts) x 4 (up close body shot damage) = 24 (damage) x (10 (shots) + 120 (side ammo)) = 3120 (damage in all)

Bronco : 7 (pelts) x 5 (up close body shot damage) = 35 (damage) x (2 (shots) + 210 (side ammo)) = 7420 (damage in all)

This SOUNDS right, and the math "feels" more like what I experience in game. Namely, the Bronco being ridiculous at close range. It just eats the entire everything.

I don't have the patience to rigorously doublecheck this.

Hek = 7 pelts per shot

Boar = 6 pelts per shot

Yah, I'm agreeing with this math.

As far as I can tell, OP is multiplying CLIP DMG by AMMO NUMBER.  The correct form would be SHOT DMG multiplied AMMO NUMBER.  (damage per shot X number of shots, not damage for 4 shots X number of shots)

Alright, after having to think over what you people were trying to point out, and coming back to relook at the formula again, I believe that it's now correct... I hope.

Zeddy, your calculations were right when you responded to here before the second edit, so 1up to you.

Edited by Phoenimon