The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Guide] Warframe On Linux With Wine

HACKhalo2

Question

Alright, so after much acclaim from the Subreddit, I decided to post my walkthrough on how to get this game running somewhat decently under the newest Wine (Development 1.5.29). The direct link to it is http://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/1dnnoj/warframe_on_linux/.

Alright, so first thing. I did this in Arch Linux, so your mileage will very depending on what distro you use. I've read good reports for Ubuntu working pretty easily, and other distros not so much. I would like feedback on what extra steps you would have to do to get it to work if mine didn't work for you.

Step one, Install Wine (I recommend Dev, but Stable may work) and, if your Package Manager doesn't package it together, winetricks. http://www.winehq.org/ for wine, and https://code.google.com/p/winetricks/ for winetricks. Optionally, create a prefix for Warframe so you don't clutter up the default one.

Step two, run winetricks d3dx9 xact (or /path/to/winetricks.sh d3dx9 xact if the package manager didn't install it). This will install the bare minimum DirectX9 and XAudio2 DLL's needed by most games. (You can omit d3dx9 for directx9, but that's usually overkill)

Step three, Download the Warframe.msi and put it somewhere you'll remember. I have mine on my Desktop.

Step four, open a terminal where the Warframe.msi file is at and run wine msiexec /i Warframe.msi. This will start the launcher. (You can optionally run wine msiexec /i /path/to/Warframe.msi)

After this step, the Launcher Window should open up. If it doesn't, try installing 'lib32-openal', 'lib32-libxml2', 'lib32-mpg123', 'lib32-giflib', 'lib32-libpng', and 'lib32-gnutls'. These are common compatibility libs most Wine programs need, so it wouldn't be to awful to install them all. These are also the names Arch Linux gives these packages, so you may need to Google around for the correct names for your Distro.

This is a (incomplete) list of Package names per DIstro. (Thanks Morcant!)

Arch             Ubuntulib32-openal     libopenal1lib32-libxml2    libxml2lib32-mpg123     libmpg123lib32-giflib     libgif4lib32-libpng     libpng12-0lib32-gnutls     libgnutls26

On a 64-bit system with multiarch, it may be necessary to use e.g. 'sudo apt-get install libgnutls26:i386' to install the 32-bit packages.

Step five, after the launcher opens up, DISABLE 64BIT IN THE LAUNCHER SETTINGS. It currently does NOT work right, and you're going to have a bad time.

Step six, Hopefully the launcher will be complaining about not being able to find Launcher.exe in your AppData path ($WINE_PREFIX/drive_c/users/<your username>/Local Settings/Application Data/Warframe/Downloaded/Public/Tools/Launcher.exe). It is there, but you need to move it over manually. CD into the directory and run mv Launcher.exe.tmp Launcher.exe. Click Retry on the launcher, and it should greet you with the login prompt. Enter your login information, and hopefully you will see the Licensing conditions. If so, congrats! Enjoy playing Warframe on a non-Microsoft system!

There is a chance that you will get the error that dreaded me for almost two weeks, the Could not log in: Could not find Server error. I have no clue why this error is there, but it fixed itself by compiling and installing https://github.com/madewokherd/wine-mono (https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/wine-mono/ for you Arch Linux users). It takes quite a bit of time to compile (I have an A10-5800K, and it took around 30 minutes to compile and install). MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A LOT OF SPACE IN /tmp, IT WILL TAKE A LOT JUST TO COMPILE IT!

If that doesn't fix it, Try compiling Wine from source. it's a long shot, but it may work (and it has worked for some people).

TIPS AND TRICKS

If your sound doesn't work (and it doesn't complain about not finding the XAudio2 Engine), try modprobing snd_seq. It may not of been loaded.

If your sound doesn't work (and it's complaining about not finding the XAudio2 Engine), run winetricks --force xact_jun2010. It may of not installed correctly the first time.

If the preprocess crashes when first starting the Launcher, run the launcher (or Warframe.msi) in the terminal. It fixes this error for me.

TURN OFF ALL THE FANCY STUFF AND HAVE THE GAME IN FULL SCREEN MODE. It raised my FPS from 10 to 60+.

Hopefully this guide helps you!

Edited by HACKhalo2
  • Like 2

Thank you CountrifiedSoul. Thats the component I needed was wininet in my wine configuration. yea most of just past by your post.lol

So happy when it worked : )

Thanks man from the bottom of my heart. Im new to linux for the most part so it took me sometime to get this working.But for the great community you have made a Tennos day that means more than you know. : ) just happy I can play with my fellow tennos ones more : )

All of you are the best.I Appreciate you and your Dedication just so we can play a game we all love : )

THANK YOU SO MUCH -Ops1-DarkHero : ) 

Should I install it through playonmac - Steam - Warframe or just Warframe.msi? Because when I tried only Warframe, it got stuck on 97%. When I tried Steam. It didn't start, altough I installed directx9, dxfull and wininet (configured to integrated,native).

It says that it Could not update file C:/Program/Steam/steamapps etc...

A video on how to install it would be awesome.

If we could make a update together on for example chang WORKING_WINE_VERSION="1.7.33" to WORKING_WINE_VERSION="1.7.47" on the second post on this Warframe thread: https://www.playonmac.com/en/app-2382-Warframe.html
My knowledge of programming is limited.
Then the process would be much easier and automatic for future updates as well.

Edited by Katokatochirukishi

please help me

ive done all steps and when i run warframe.msi warframe does not show up insted it runs in the background

so using the system moniter i terminate launcher.exe then i run the warframe .msi using terminal and he launcher pops up and downloads update of 1mb and then the launcher blanks off

p.s this is the terminal o/p

fixme:richedit:ME_HandleMessage EM_SETMARGINS: stub
fixme:process:SetProcessDEPPolicy (3): stub
fixme:heap:RtlSetHeapInformation (nil) 1 (nil) 0 stub
[0924/160422:ERROR:main_delegate.cc(550)] Could not load locale pak for en-US
fixme:thread:GetThreadPreferredUILanguages 56, 0x33e4f8, (nil) 0x33e4fc
fixme:winsock:WSALookupServiceBeginW (0x33e3cc 0x00000ff0 0x33e408) Stub!
[0924/160422:ERROR:network_change_notifier_win.cc(157)] WSALookupServiceBegin failed with: 8
fixme:iphlpapi:NotifyAddrChange (Handle 0x33e534, overlapped 0xa48ac8): stub
fixme:win:RegisterDeviceNotificationW (hwnd=0x1007c, filter=0x33e540,flags=0x00000000) returns a fake device notification handle!
fixme:win:RegisterDeviceNotificationW (hwnd=0x1007c, filter=0x33e540,flags=0x00000000) returns a fake device notification handle!
fixme:ver:GetCurrentPackageId (0x23ce9b8 (nil)): stub
[0924/160422:ERROR:gpu_info_collector_win.cc(103)] Can't retrieve a valid WinSAT assessment.
fixme:win:EnumDisplayDevicesW ((null),0,0x33dea0,0x00000000), stub!
fixme:dwmapi:DwmIsCompositionEnabled 0x33d9d8
fixme:wtsapi:WTSRegisterSessionNotification Stub 0x10088 0x00000000
fixme:msctf:InputProcessorProfileMgr_GetActiveProfile (0x3feea20)->({34745c63-b2f0-4784-8b67-5e12c8701a31} 0x33e174)
fixme:ole:RemUnknown_QueryInterface No interface for iid {00000019-0000-0000-c000-000000000046}
fixme:file:SetFileCompletionNotificationModes 0x248 1 - stub
[0924/160422:ERROR:embedder.cc(48)] Channel::Init() failed
fixme:advapi:RegisterTraceGuidsW (0x101397c0, 0x12406a90, {3dada31d-19ef-4dc1-b345-037927193422}, 1, 0x123ce354, (null), (null), 0x12406aa8): stub
fixme:advapi:RegisterTraceGuidsW   register trace class {00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000}
fixme:file:K32EnumPageFilesW (0x422ef8, (nil)) stub
err:ole:CoGetClassObject class {e2b3c97f-6ae1-41ac-817a-f6f92166d7dd} not registered
err:ole:CoGetClassObject no class object {e2b3c97f-6ae1-41ac-817a-f6f92166d7dd} could be created for context 0x1
fixme:hnetcfg:fw_profile_get_FirewallEnabled 0x3f34978, 0x33ea68
fixme:wininet:InternetAttemptConnect Stub
fixme:ver:GetCurrentPackageId (0x4b0e9b8 (nil)): stub
fixme:wininet:query_global_option Stub for 3
fixme:wininet:InternetSetOptionW Option 77 STUB
fixme:wininet:InternetSetOptionW INTERNET_OPTION_SEND/RECEIVE_TIMEOUT/DATA_SEND_TIMEOUT 30000
fixme:wininet:InternetSetOptionW INTERNET_OPTION_SEND/RECEIVE_TIMEOUT/DATA_SEND_TIMEOUT 30000
fixme:process:SetProcessDEPPolicy (3): stub
fixme:heap:RtlSetHeapInformation (nil) 1 (nil) 0 stub
[0924/160422:ERROR:main_delegate.cc(550)] Could not load locale pak for en-US
fixme:advapi:RegisterTraceGuidsW (0x101397c0, 0x12406a90, {3dada31d-19ef-4dc1-b345-037927193422}, 1, 0x123ce354, (null), (null), 0x12406aa8): stub
fixme:advapi:RegisterTraceGuidsW   register trace class {00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000}
fixme:gdi:GdiInitializeLanguagePack stub
[0924/160422:ERROR:renderer_main.cc(227)] Running without renderer sandbox
fixme:module:load_library unsupported flag(s) used (flags: 0x00000800)
fixme:ver:GetCurrentPackageId (0x206e9b8 (nil)): stub
fixme:ntdll:NtLockFile I/O completion on lock not implemented yet
fixme:module:load_library unsupported flag(s) used (flags: 0x00000800)
err:ole:CoInitializeEx Attempt to change threading model of this apartment from multi-threaded to apartment threaded
err:ole:CoGetClassObject class {e2b3c97f-6ae1-41ac-817a-f6f92166d7dd} not registered
err:ole:CoGetClassObject no class object {e2b3c97f-6ae1-41ac-817a-f6f92166d7dd} could be created for context 0x1
fixme:hnetcfg:fw_profile_get_FirewallEnabled 0x136650, 0x33e3d8
fixme:hnetcfg:fw_profile_get_FirewallEnabled 0x4011d98, 0x33e428
fixme:hnetcfg:fw_profile_get_FirewallEnabled 0x3f37778, 0x33e428
fixme:system:SystemParametersInfoW Unknown action: 116

and i run arch linux

wine-1.7.51

and intel core i3 processor

intel graphics driver

Edited by eragonlancer

Tried all of this and reinstalled everything. I get as far as the White Screen. Switching the Libraries does nothing for me. Feel like I am at a dead end now.

The update goes and finishes. Next it goes to the White Screen. I have waited 30+ minutes every time and it will eventually crash.

I TOO HAVE THIS PROBLEM

>>EDIT:

i fixed this problem by deleting launcer.exe and renaming the launcher.exe.tmp as launcher.exe

Edited by eragonlancer

Should I install it through playonmac - Steam - Warframe or just Warframe.msi? Because when I tried only Warframe, it got stuck on 97%. When I tried Steam. It didn't start, altough I installed directx9, dxfull and wininet (configured to integrated,native).

It says that it Could not update file C:/Program/Steam/steamapps etc...

A video on how to install it would be awesome.

If we could make a update together on for example chang WORKING_WINE_VERSION="1.7.33" to WORKING_WINE_VERSION="1.7.47" on the second post on this Warframe thread:&nbsp;https://www.playonmac.com/en/app-2382-Warframe.html

My knowledge of programming is limited.

Then the process would be much easier and automatic for future updates as well.

I don't know if there is the behaviour of Play On Mac is different from Play On Linux (and the same for wine itself) but this may be something to keep in mind.

Long story short:

I installed it on ArchLinux using the .msi installer (wine msiexec /i Warframe.msi). The installer crashed before the end but the folders were created. I copied the Cache.Windows folder from another computer, and started the laucher. After countless tries installing 32-bit libs and components using winetricks (and configured wininet), the game eventually started.

I don't think the Warframe.msi way is the only way but it worked for me, maybe not completely since I copied the cache.

Edit: To ease future installs, Docker may be a good tool.

Edited by TheFramework

Good Day Tennos the game for me is not running that great.Anyone know the location of ee.cfg file to edited the game files. This is simple to find in windows but can find the location on linux. Its not in the game files .What is the local files on linux if there is one. There is a local files but it not in there. Thank You : ) And if there is any linux things you can do to get better fps ? the game run much better on this computer with window then linux. i am doing usb and runing the game off all the side things to run the game+my computer . so there may not be any hope for me but im going to try lol i cant give up now. : ) Thank You

About locating your file, there is a folder named "drive_c" where your wine prefix is defined. From here, given that you found the file on windows, following the same path than on windows should lead you to it.

About game performances on linux, there is, as on windows, a lot of parameters. A simple one to check would be the graphics card driver. If you have an nvidia card, the proprietary driver "nvidia" gives better results (performance wise) than the free one "nouveau".

Edited by TheFramework

Good :) Enjoy playing!

The video shows a few lags but it seems quite playable and I guess the performance is better when not recording.

Have you encountered any texture bugs? If so, how did you solve them?

Only bug I can find is that it gets really dark in dark rooms as you can see in the video. According to my research on getting warframe to work is that this texture darkness bug is very common and can not be fixed. 

Only bug I can find is that it gets really dark in dark rooms as you can see in the video. According to my research on getting warframe to work is that this texture darkness bug is very common and can not be fixed. 

Great!

Now when I update to latest patch and now it doesn't work!

It`s work!

Please add to head.

Using wine-1.7.51 (Staging) (wine-staging.com) and winetrix-20150826

Using 32-bit Wineprefix

Type in terminal:

# Setup environment

% export WINEARCH=32

% export WINEPREFIX=</path/to/Warframe> # eg. /games/warframe

# Initialize «Bottle»

% wineboot

# Installing some components

% winetricks winxp d3dx9 d3dx10  hosts wininet winhttp corefonts fontfix

# Setup game trough installer

% wine msiexec /i </path/to/Warframe.msi>

Launch trough menu item «Apps -> Wine -> Warfeame»

I got it to work after 2 days!

Here is proof!

Nice! :D I have done a lot with this programe to get it to work on linux Ubuntu specifically and I can run it well. But I do get that sound error and I have to reinstall everytime DE does an update. But Now that I have a gaming machine that I run windows on I am all good. :D But really DE get some support for Linux cuz I have two machines That I would like it to be able to run on.

Thanks Tenno

Just a curious questions for all of those playing this on linux.  I know that not all of you have a windows disk or anything, but why not try a virtual machine running windows?  Less install issues.  Just an idea and I don't hate on running it through wine, after all the idea is if you don't have windows or don't like windows you want to be able to play this game anyways.

It`s work!
Please add to head.

Using wine-1.7.51 (Staging) (wine-staging.com) and winetrix-20150826
Using 32-bit Wineprefix

Type in terminal:
# Setup environment
% export WINEARCH=32
% export WINEPREFIX=</path/to/Warframe> # eg. /games/warframe

# Initialize «Bottle»
% wineboot

# Installing some components
% winetricks winxp d3dx9 d3dx10  hosts wininet winhttp corefonts fontfix

# Setup game trough installer
% wine msiexec /i </path/to/Warframe.msi>

Launch trough menu item «Apps -> Wine -> Warfeame»

warframe starting but i can't login to server, do you know how to fix?

(photo: https://pp.vk.me/c623722/v623722700/4b9d4/cIIkgO-O_rg.jpg)

Edited by unitto

FINALLY someone has the same issue I'm having..

Uh, i feel the issue might be Ubuntu itself, lacking the ability to use openSSL/TLS and whenever I do install that from Synaptic, that error message just changes to "unable to login" like I'm blocked from doing so. I have yet to actually pass this error message, and I'm actually going to try running another distro to see if i can bypass this(seeing as many people who are running warframe aern't running it on ubuntu..)

Uh, i feel the issue might be Ubuntu itself, lacking the ability to use openSSL/TLS and whenever I do install that from Synaptic, that error message just changes to "unable to login" like I'm blocked from doing so. I have yet to actually pass this error message, and I'm actually going to try running another distro to see if i can bypass this(seeing as many people who are running warframe aern't running it on ubuntu..)

I was running it on ubuntu and it worked fine for me.  Idk what the issue is with it now.

Just a curious questions for all of those playing this on linux.  I know that not all of you have a windows disk or anything, but why not try a virtual machine running windows?  Less install issues.  Just an idea and I don't hate on running it through wine, after all the idea is if you don't have windows or don't like windows you want to be able to play this game anyways.

Also VM has problems not seeing drivers and graphics related things. Sooo... that is not such a great problem to have when you are trying to run a very graphics intense game. But again you could try kbuntu or someother version.

Have a good day tenno

I had the same issue although I'm running it on Fedora. Same happened to a friend on ArchLinux. My solution worked for both of us. Open the wine configuration window, in the 'Libraries' tab select wininet and change the settings from 'native, integrated' to 'integrated, native'. If this doesn't work, then I have no idea how to fix it. If it does work, let us know as it would be useful to post the solution on the first page for everybody else having this login problem.

Edited by CountrifiedSoul

I had the same issue although I'm running it on Fedora. Same happened to a friend on ArchLinux. My solution worked for both of us. Open the wine configuration window, in the 'Libraries' tab select wininet and change the settings from 'native, integrated' to 'integrated, native'. If this doesn't work, then I have no idea how to fix it. If it does work, let us know as it would be useful to post the solution on the first page for everybody else having this login problem.

Kay I've tried that before and sadly that never helped me, so i did what i originally set out to do..installed Arch!

Well, somewhat. I ended up installing manjaro Linux KDE variant, with the 4.1 Kernel. Also installed the latest Wine, as Ubuntu's distro is not only behind on updates but apparently not maintained as effectively either. (running 1.7.54-1)

So, running warframe through Steam prooved, sucessful. My jaw dropped at that but it works, actually working on Arch Linux. So theres something more to the ubuntu version we aren't doing that needs to be done, is just my guess.

Also side note, I think I can live with arch linux now, its not so difficult once you get past the horrible installation process. (e.e 2 days stuck at the installer because of UEFI not ftw)

EDIT: Also side note, apparently 64bit seems to work, but again I need more testing as I've only used the intel HD 4400 to run warframe.

Lastly, other games seem to work as well o.O which didn't previously work on Ubuntu 15.04, so Perhaps Ubuntu is a distrobution worth avoiding for gaming. (Anyone gonna try steamOS?)

EDIT2: Oh, before I forget, i still get the launcher issue where it cannot be moved, however, that was only after selecting the 32bit launcher. it worked fine with the 64bit launcher, and as a bonus, not only did i not have to move/rename the launcher, but also the game fully updated to 17.11 with little issue too(just didn't show the update process sadly)

Edited by TheDarkFenrir

After requests on my previous video. I made a video that show's (quickly) on how to install Warframe on Linux and Mac. The last part I cut ut becuase it took 10 minutes with fiber and 90 minutes without fiber. The reason I made it so short is that the whole video would take way too long (over 30 minutes). 

I have this error:

Unhandled exception: page fault on read access to 0x00000004 in 32-bit code (0x126466af).
Register dump:
 CS:0023 SS:002b DS:002b ES:002b FS:0063 GS:006b
 EIP:126466af ESP:0033e9f4 EBP:0033ea14 EFLAGS:00010246(  R- --  I  Z- -P- )
 EAX:00000000 EBX:7b87c0d0 ECX:00000000 EDX:00000000
 ESI:00000000 EDI:001ad5b8
Stack dump:
0x0033e9f4:  7b87c0d0 00000003 00000002 1016381a
0x0033ea04:  00000000 0000007b 00000000 00000014
0x0033ea14:  0033ea2c 126465a5 000000ac 00000003
0x0033ea24:  000000ac 000000ac 0033ea50 12643175
0x0033ea34:  001ad2f8 0033eaa4 00000000 0033ece0
0x0033ea44:  7b810000 693e424a 00000004 0033ea64
000c: sel=0067 base=00000000 limit=00000000 32-bit r-x
Backtrace:
=>0 0x126466af in libcef (+0x26466af) (0x0033ea14)
  1 0x126465a5 in libcef (+0x26465a4) (0x0033ea2c)
  2 0x12643175 in libcef (+0x2643174) (0x0033ea50)
  3 0x11921016 in libcef (+0x1921015) (0x0033ea64)
  4 0x1009bf0d in libcef (+0x9bf0c) (0x0033eaac)
  5 0x1009bae9 in libcef (+0x9bae8) (0x0033ead0)
  6 0x1006ead2 in libcef (+0x6ead1) (0x0033ebc4)
  7 0x004488eb in launcher (+0x488ea) (0x0033ebec)
  8 0x0040b2d2 in launcher (+0xb2d1) (0x0033ecec)
  9 0x004048b1 in launcher (+0x48b0) (0x0033f928)
  10 0x7eb53b4a WINPROC_wrapper+0x19() in user32 (0x0033f958)
  11 0x7eb54286 in user32 (+0xa4285) (0x0033f9a8)
  12 0x7eb569c3 in user32 (+0xa69c2) (0x0033f9f8)
  13 0x7eb1489d in user32 (+0x6489c) (0x0033fa58)
  14 0x7eb1c206 in user32 (+0x6c205) (0x0033fac8)
  15 0x7eb1c479 SendMessageW+0x58() in user32 (0x0033fb18)
  16 0x7eb4a2e1 in user32 (+0x9a2e0) (0x0033fcd8)
  17 0x7eb43c18 CreateWindowExW+0x87() in user32 (0x0033fd30)
  18 0x00406308 in launcher (+0x6307) (0x0033fe14)
  19 0x0042f677 in launcher (+0x2f676) (0x0033fe60)
  20 0x7b861e9c call_process_entry+0xb() in kernel32 (0x0033fe78)
  21 0x7b862f73 in kernel32 (+0x52f72) (0x0033feb8)
  22 0x7bc84470 call_thread_func_wrapper+0xb() in ntdll (0x0033fed8)
  23 0x7bc8763d call_thread_func+0x7c() in ntdll (0x0033ffa8)
  24 0x7bc8444e RtlRaiseException+0x21() in ntdll (0x0033ffc8)
  25 0x7bc564ce call_dll_entry_point+0x3fd() in ntdll (0x0033ffe8)
  26 0xf75f161d wine_call_on_stack+0x1c() in libwine.so.1 (0x00000000)
  27 0xf75f16db wine_switch_to_stack+0x2a() in libwine.so.1 (0xffc3c658)
  28 0x7bc5c809 LdrInitializeThunk+0x238() in ntdll (0xffc3c698)
  29 0x7b869863 __wine_kernel_init+0xa12() in kernel32 (0xffc3d7b8)
  30 0x7bc5d733 __wine_process_init+0x192() in ntdll (0xffc3d848)
  31 0xf75eed80 wine_init+0x30f() in libwine.so.1 (0xffc3d8a8)
  32 0x7bf0100c main+0xfb() in <wine-loader> (0xffc3dcf8)
  33 0xf7413a83 __libc_start_main+0xf2() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
0x126466af: cmpw    0x4(%ecx),%ax
Modules:
Module    Address            Debug info    Name (130 modules)
PE      400000-  52c000    Export          launcher
PE    10000000-133b7000    Export          libcef
ELF    7ac00000-7ac7c000    Deferred        riched20<elf>
  \-PE    7ac10000-7ac7c000    \               riched20
ELF    7b800000-7ba6a000    Dwarf           kernel32<elf>
  \-PE    7b810000-7ba6a000    \               kernel32
ELF    7bc00000-7bcf3000    Dwarf           ntdll<elf>
  \-PE    7bc10000-7bcf3000    \               ntdll
ELF    7bf00000-7bf04000    Dwarf           <wine-loader>
ELF    7d277000-7d2ba000    Deferred        rsaenh<elf>
  \-PE    7d280000-7d2ba000    \               rsaenh
ELF    7d2ba000-7d2d3000    Deferred        msftedit<elf>
  \-PE    7d2c0000-7d2d3000    \               msftedit
ELF    7d319000-7d349000    Deferred        p11-kit-trust.so
ELF    7d349000-7d352000    Deferred        librt.so.1
ELF    7d352000-7d359000    Deferred        libffi.so.6
ELF    7d359000-7d35e000    Deferred        libgpg-error.so.0
ELF    7d35e000-7d376000    Deferred        libresolv.so.2
ELF    7d376000-7d37a000    Deferred        libkeyutils.so.1
ELF    7d37a000-7d3c5000    Deferred        libdbus-1.so.3
ELF    7d3c5000-7d401000    Deferred        libp11-kit.so.0
ELF    7d401000-7d415000    Deferred        libtasn1.so.6
ELF    7d415000-7d49b000    Deferred        libgcrypt.so.11
ELF    7d49b000-7d4a7000    Deferred        libkrb5support.so.0
ELF    7d4a7000-7d4ac000    Deferred        libcom_err.so.2
ELF    7d4ac000-7d4dc000    Deferred        libk5crypto.so.3
ELF    7d4dc000-7d59a000    Deferred        libkrb5.so.3
ELF    7d59a000-7d5ac000    Deferred        libavahi-client.so.3
ELF    7d5ac000-7d5ba000    Deferred        libavahi-common.so.3
ELF    7d5ba000-7d680000    Deferred        libgnutls.so.26
ELF    7d680000-7d6c6000    Deferred        libgssapi_krb5.so.2
ELF    7d6c6000-7d733000    Deferred        libcups.so.2
ELF    7d73e000-7d751000    Deferred        gnome-keyring-pkcs11.so
ELF    7d751000-7d795000    Deferred        usp10<elf>
  \-PE    7d760000-7d795000    \               usp10
ELF    7d795000-7d800000    Deferred        oleacc<elf>
  \-PE    7d7a0000-7d800000    \               oleacc
ELF    7d800000-7d8d1000    Deferred        crypt32<elf>
  \-PE    7d810000-7d8d1000    \               crypt32
ELF    7d8d1000-7d8fa000    Deferred        iphlpapi<elf>
  \-PE    7d8e0000-7d8fa000    \               iphlpapi
ELF    7d8fa000-7d92a000    Deferred        netapi32<elf>
  \-PE    7d900000-7d92a000    \               netapi32
ELF    7d92a000-7d95e000    Deferred        secur32<elf>
  \-PE    7d930000-7d95e000    \               secur32
ELF    7d95e000-7d973000    Deferred        dhcpcsvc<elf>
  \-PE    7d960000-7d973000    \               dhcpcsvc
ELF    7d973000-7da16000    Deferred        urlmon<elf>
  \-PE    7d980000-7da16000    \               urlmon
ELF    7da16000-7da34000    Deferred        jsproxy<elf>
  \-PE    7da20000-7da34000    \               jsproxy
ELF    7da34000-7da75000    Deferred        winhttp<elf>
  \-PE    7da40000-7da75000    \               winhttp
ELF    7da75000-7db66000    Deferred        comdlg32<elf>
  \-PE    7da80000-7db66000    \               comdlg32
ELF    7db66000-7dba9000    Deferred        winspool<elf>
  \-PE    7db70000-7dba9000    \               winspool
ELF    7dba9000-7dbaf000    Deferred        libxfixes.so.3
ELF    7dbaf000-7dbba000    Deferred        libxcursor.so.1
ELF    7dbba000-7dbca000    Deferred        libxi.so.6
ELF    7dbca000-7dbce000    Deferred        libxcomposite.so.1
ELF    7dbce000-7dbd9000    Deferred        libxrandr.so.2
ELF    7dbd9000-7dbe4000    Deferred        libxrender.so.1
ELF    7dbe4000-7dbea000    Deferred        libxxf86vm.so.1
ELF    7dbea000-7dbee000    Deferred        libxinerama.so.1
ELF    7dbee000-7dbf5000    Deferred        libxdmcp.so.6
ELF    7dbf5000-7dbf9000    Deferred        libxau.so.6
ELF    7dbf9000-7dc1b000    Deferred        libxcb.so.1
ELF    7dc1b000-7dd4f000    Deferred        libx11.so.6
ELF    7dd4f000-7dd62000    Deferred        libxext.so.6
ELF    7dd65000-7dd7e000    Deferred        userenv<elf>
  \-PE    7dd70000-7dd7e000    \               userenv
ELF    7dd80000-7de14000    Deferred        winex11<elf>
  \-PE    7dd90000-7de14000    \               winex11
ELF    7de14000-7de39000    Deferred        imm32<elf>
  \-PE    7de20000-7de39000    \               imm32
ELF    7de6f000-7de98000    Deferred        libexpat.so.1
ELF    7de98000-7ded3000    Deferred        libfontconfig.so.1
ELF    7ded3000-7defb000    Deferred        libpng12.so.0
ELF    7defb000-7df9b000    Deferred        libfreetype.so.6
ELF    7dfb9000-7dff5000    Deferred        ws2_32<elf>
  \-PE    7dfc0000-7dff5000    \               ws2_32
ELF    7dff5000-7e01d000    Deferred        mpr<elf>
  \-PE    7e000000-7e01d000    \               mpr
ELF    7e01d000-7e037000    Deferred        libz.so.1
ELF    7e041000-7e055000    Deferred        psapi<elf>
  \-PE    7e050000-7e055000    \               psapi
ELF    7e055000-7e0d2000    Deferred        wininet<elf>
  \-PE    7e060000-7e0d2000    \               wininet
ELF    7e0d2000-7e0ea000    Deferred        wtsapi32<elf>
  \-PE    7e0e0000-7e0ea000    \               wtsapi32
ELF    7e0ea000-7e123000    Deferred        uxtheme<elf>
  \-PE    7e0f0000-7e123000    \               uxtheme
ELF    7e123000-7e137000    Deferred        msimg32<elf>
  \-PE    7e130000-7e137000    \               msimg32
ELF    7e137000-7e243000    Deferred        comctl32<elf>
  \-PE    7e140000-7e243000    \               comctl32
ELF    7e243000-7e26e000    Deferred        msacm32<elf>
  \-PE    7e250000-7e26e000    \               msacm32
ELF    7e26e000-7e328000    Deferred        winmm<elf>
  \-PE    7e280000-7e328000    \               winmm
ELF    7e328000-7e46e000    Deferred        oleaut32<elf>
  \-PE    7e340000-7e46e000    \               oleaut32
ELF    7e46e000-7e4f3000    Deferred        rpcrt4<elf>
  \-PE    7e480000-7e4f3000    \               rpcrt4
ELF    7e4f3000-7e638000    Deferred        ole32<elf>
  \-PE    7e510000-7e638000    \               ole32
ELF    7e638000-7e6b3000    Deferred        shlwapi<elf>
  \-PE    7e650000-7e6b3000    \               shlwapi
ELF    7e6b3000-7e901000    Deferred        shell32<elf>
  \-PE    7e6c0000-7e901000    \               shell32
ELF    7e901000-7e97d000    Deferred        advapi32<elf>
  \-PE    7e910000-7e97d000    \               advapi32
ELF    7e97d000-7ea9e000    Deferred        gdi32<elf>
  \-PE    7e990000-7ea9e000    \               gdi32
ELF    7ea9e000-7ebfa000    Dwarf           user32<elf>
  \-PE    7eab0000-7ebfa000    \               user32
ELF    7ebfa000-7ec07000    Deferred        libnss_files.so.2
ELF    7ec07000-7ec13000    Deferred        libnss_nis.so.2
ELF    7ec13000-7ec2c000    Deferred        libnsl.so.1
ELF    7ef9c000-7efe2000    Deferred        libm.so.6
ELF    7efe6000-7f000000    Deferred        version<elf>
  \-PE    7eff0000-7f000000    \               version
ELF    f73f0000-f73f9000    Deferred        libnss_compat.so.2
ELF    f73fa000-f75a8000    Dwarf           libc.so.6
ELF    f75a8000-f75ad000    Deferred        libdl.so.2
ELF    f75ae000-f75ca000    Deferred        libpthread.so.0
ELF    f75e8000-f779e000    Dwarf           libwine.so.1
ELF    f77a0000-f77c2000    Deferred        ld-linux.so.2
ELF    f77c4000-f77c5000    Deferred        [vdso].so
Threads:
process  tid      prio (all id:s are in hex)
0000000e services.exe
    0000001e    0
    0000001d    0
    00000017    0
    00000016    0
    00000014    0
    00000010    0
    0000000f    0
00000012 winedevice.exe
    0000001c    0
    00000019    0
    00000018    0
    00000013    0
0000001a plugplay.exe
    00000020    0
    0000001f    0
    0000001b    0
00000021 explorer.exe
    00000025    0
    00000024    0
    00000023    0
    00000022    0
00000026 (D) C:\users\jc\Local Settings\Application Data\Warframe\Downloaded\Public\Tools\Launcher.exe
    00000027    0 <==
System information:
    Wine build: wine-1.7.55
    Platform: i386 (WOW64)
    Host system: Linux
    Host version: 3.19.0-39-generic

The launcher will open, but force close really quickly, leaving this error message.  Even if I run the application from the terminal I still get the same problem

If anyone can understand this code help would be appriciated :D, Thanks for your time

Edited by Galaxyman12222

I have this error:

Unhandled exception: page fault on read access to 0x00000004 in 32-bit code (0x126466af).

Register dump:

CS:0023 SS:002b DS:002b ES:002b FS:0063 GS:006b

EIP:126466af ESP:0033e9f4 EBP:0033ea14 EFLAGS:00010246(  R- --  I  Z- -P- )

EAX:00000000 EBX:7b87c0d0 ECX:00000000 EDX:00000000

ESI:00000000 EDI:001ad5b8

Stack dump:

0x0033e9f4:  7b87c0d0 00000003 00000002 1016381a

0x0033ea04:  00000000 0000007b 00000000 00000014

0x0033ea14:  0033ea2c 126465a5 000000ac 00000003

0x0033ea24:  000000ac 000000ac 0033ea50 12643175

0x0033ea34:  001ad2f8 0033eaa4 00000000 0033ece0

0x0033ea44:  7b810000 693e424a 00000004 0033ea64

000c: sel=0067 base=00000000 limit=00000000 32-bit r-x

Backtrace:

=>0 0x126466af in libcef (+0x26466af) (0x0033ea14)

1 0x126465a5 in libcef (+0x26465a4) (0x0033ea2c)

2 0x12643175 in libcef (+0x2643174) (0x0033ea50)

3 0x11921016 in libcef (+0x1921015) (0x0033ea64)

4 0x1009bf0d in libcef (+0x9bf0c) (0x0033eaac)

5 0x1009bae9 in libcef (+0x9bae8) (0x0033ead0)

6 0x1006ead2 in libcef (+0x6ead1) (0x0033ebc4)

7 0x004488eb in launcher (+0x488ea) (0x0033ebec)

8 0x0040b2d2 in launcher (+0xb2d1) (0x0033ecec)

9 0x004048b1 in launcher (+0x48b0) (0x0033f928)

10 0x7eb53b4a WINPROC_wrapper+0x19() in user32 (0x0033f958)

11 0x7eb54286 in user32 (+0xa4285) (0x0033f9a8)

12 0x7eb569c3 in user32 (+0xa69c2) (0x0033f9f8)

13 0x7eb1489d in user32 (+0x6489c) (0x0033fa58)

14 0x7eb1c206 in user32 (+0x6c205) (0x0033fac8)

15 0x7eb1c479 SendMessageW+0x58() in user32 (0x0033fb18)

16 0x7eb4a2e1 in user32 (+0x9a2e0) (0x0033fcd8)

17 0x7eb43c18 CreateWindowExW+0x87() in user32 (0x0033fd30)

18 0x00406308 in launcher (+0x6307) (0x0033fe14)

19 0x0042f677 in launcher (+0x2f676) (0x0033fe60)

20 0x7b861e9c call_process_entry+0xb() in kernel32 (0x0033fe78)

21 0x7b862f73 in kernel32 (+0x52f72) (0x0033feb8)

22 0x7bc84470 call_thread_func_wrapper+0xb() in ntdll (0x0033fed8)

23 0x7bc8763d call_thread_func+0x7c() in ntdll (0x0033ffa8)

24 0x7bc8444e RtlRaiseException+0x21() in ntdll (0x0033ffc8)

25 0x7bc564ce call_dll_entry_point+0x3fd() in ntdll (0x0033ffe8)

26 0xf75f161d wine_call_on_stack+0x1c() in libwine.so.1 (0x00000000)

27 0xf75f16db wine_switch_to_stack+0x2a() in libwine.so.1 (0xffc3c658)

28 0x7bc5c809 LdrInitializeThunk+0x238() in ntdll (0xffc3c698)

29 0x7b869863 __wine_kernel_init+0xa12() in kernel32 (0xffc3d7b8)

30 0x7bc5d733 __wine_process_init+0x192() in ntdll (0xffc3d848)

31 0xf75eed80 wine_init+0x30f() in libwine.so.1 (0xffc3d8a8)

32 0x7bf0100c main+0xfb() in <wine-loader> (0xffc3dcf8)

33 0xf7413a83 __libc_start_main+0xf2() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)

0x126466af: cmpw    0x4(%ecx),%ax

Modules:

Module    Address            Debug info    Name (130 modules)

PE      400000-  52c000    Export          launcher

PE    10000000-133b7000    Export          libcef

ELF    7ac00000-7ac7c000    Deferred        riched20<elf>

\-PE    7ac10000-7ac7c000    \               riched20

ELF    7b800000-7ba6a000    Dwarf           kernel32<elf>

\-PE    7b810000-7ba6a000    \               kernel32

ELF    7bc00000-7bcf3000    Dwarf           ntdll<elf>

\-PE    7bc10000-7bcf3000    \               ntdll

ELF    7bf00000-7bf04000    Dwarf           <wine-loader>

ELF    7d277000-7d2ba000    Deferred        rsaenh<elf>

\-PE    7d280000-7d2ba000    \               rsaenh

ELF    7d2ba000-7d2d3000    Deferred        msftedit<elf>

\-PE    7d2c0000-7d2d3000    \               msftedit

ELF    7d319000-7d349000    Deferred        p11-kit-trust.so

ELF    7d349000-7d352000    Deferred        librt.so.1

ELF    7d352000-7d359000    Deferred        libffi.so.6

ELF    7d359000-7d35e000    Deferred        libgpg-error.so.0

ELF    7d35e000-7d376000    Deferred        libresolv.so.2

ELF    7d376000-7d37a000    Deferred        libkeyutils.so.1

ELF    7d37a000-7d3c5000    Deferred        libdbus-1.so.3

ELF    7d3c5000-7d401000    Deferred        libp11-kit.so.0

ELF    7d401000-7d415000    Deferred        libtasn1.so.6

ELF    7d415000-7d49b000    Deferred        libgcrypt.so.11

ELF    7d49b000-7d4a7000    Deferred        libkrb5support.so.0

ELF    7d4a7000-7d4ac000    Deferred        libcom_err.so.2

ELF    7d4ac000-7d4dc000    Deferred        libk5crypto.so.3

ELF    7d4dc000-7d59a000    Deferred        libkrb5.so.3

ELF    7d59a000-7d5ac000    Deferred        libavahi-client.so.3

ELF    7d5ac000-7d5ba000    Deferred        libavahi-common.so.3

ELF    7d5ba000-7d680000    Deferred        libgnutls.so.26

ELF    7d680000-7d6c6000    Deferred        libgssapi_krb5.so.2

ELF    7d6c6000-7d733000    Deferred        libcups.so.2

ELF    7d73e000-7d751000    Deferred        gnome-keyring-pkcs11.so

ELF    7d751000-7d795000    Deferred        usp10<elf>

\-PE    7d760000-7d795000    \               usp10

ELF    7d795000-7d800000    Deferred        oleacc<elf>

\-PE    7d7a0000-7d800000    \               oleacc

ELF    7d800000-7d8d1000    Deferred        crypt32<elf>

\-PE    7d810000-7d8d1000    \               crypt32

ELF    7d8d1000-7d8fa000    Deferred        iphlpapi<elf>

\-PE    7d8e0000-7d8fa000    \               iphlpapi

ELF    7d8fa000-7d92a000    Deferred        netapi32<elf>

\-PE    7d900000-7d92a000    \               netapi32

ELF    7d92a000-7d95e000    Deferred        secur32<elf>

\-PE    7d930000-7d95e000    \               secur32

ELF    7d95e000-7d973000    Deferred        dhcpcsvc<elf>

\-PE    7d960000-7d973000    \               dhcpcsvc

ELF    7d973000-7da16000    Deferred        urlmon<elf>

\-PE    7d980000-7da16000    \               urlmon

ELF    7da16000-7da34000    Deferred        jsproxy<elf>

\-PE    7da20000-7da34000    \               jsproxy

ELF    7da34000-7da75000    Deferred        winhttp<elf>

\-PE    7da40000-7da75000    \               winhttp

ELF    7da75000-7db66000    Deferred        comdlg32<elf>

\-PE    7da80000-7db66000    \               comdlg32

ELF    7db66000-7dba9000    Deferred        winspool<elf>

\-PE    7db70000-7dba9000    \               winspool

ELF    7dba9000-7dbaf000    Deferred        libxfixes.so.3

ELF    7dbaf000-7dbba000    Deferred        libxcursor.so.1

ELF    7dbba000-7dbca000    Deferred        libxi.so.6

ELF    7dbca000-7dbce000    Deferred        libxcomposite.so.1

ELF    7dbce000-7dbd9000    Deferred        libxrandr.so.2

ELF    7dbd9000-7dbe4000    Deferred        libxrender.so.1

ELF    7dbe4000-7dbea000    Deferred        libxxf86vm.so.1

ELF    7dbea000-7dbee000    Deferred        libxinerama.so.1

ELF    7dbee000-7dbf5000    Deferred        libxdmcp.so.6

ELF    7dbf5000-7dbf9000    Deferred        libxau.so.6

ELF    7dbf9000-7dc1b000    Deferred        libxcb.so.1

ELF    7dc1b000-7dd4f000    Deferred        libx11.so.6

ELF    7dd4f000-7dd62000    Deferred        libxext.so.6

ELF    7dd65000-7dd7e000    Deferred        userenv<elf>

\-PE    7dd70000-7dd7e000    \               userenv

ELF    7dd80000-7de14000    Deferred        winex11<elf>

\-PE    7dd90000-7de14000    \               winex11

ELF    7de14000-7de39000    Deferred        imm32<elf>

\-PE    7de20000-7de39000    \               imm32

ELF    7de6f000-7de98000    Deferred        libexpat.so.1

ELF    7de98000-7ded3000    Deferred        libfontconfig.so.1

ELF    7ded3000-7defb000    Deferred        libpng12.so.0

ELF    7defb000-7df9b000    Deferred        libfreetype.so.6

ELF    7dfb9000-7dff5000    Deferred        ws2_32<elf>

\-PE    7dfc0000-7dff5000    \               ws2_32

ELF    7dff5000-7e01d000    Deferred        mpr<elf>

\-PE    7e000000-7e01d000    \               mpr

ELF    7e01d000-7e037000    Deferred        libz.so.1

ELF    7e041000-7e055000    Deferred        psapi<elf>

\-PE    7e050000-7e055000    \               psapi

ELF    7e055000-7e0d2000    Deferred        wininet<elf>

\-PE    7e060000-7e0d2000    \               wininet

ELF    7e0d2000-7e0ea000    Deferred        wtsapi32<elf>

\-PE    7e0e0000-7e0ea000    \               wtsapi32

ELF    7e0ea000-7e123000    Deferred        uxtheme<elf>

\-PE    7e0f0000-7e123000    \               uxtheme

ELF    7e123000-7e137000    Deferred        msimg32<elf>

\-PE    7e130000-7e137000    \               msimg32

ELF    7e137000-7e243000    Deferred        comctl32<elf>

\-PE    7e140000-7e243000    \               comctl32

ELF    7e243000-7e26e000    Deferred        msacm32<elf>

\-PE    7e250000-7e26e000    \               msacm32

ELF    7e26e000-7e328000    Deferred        winmm<elf>

\-PE    7e280000-7e328000    \               winmm

ELF    7e328000-7e46e000    Deferred        oleaut32<elf>

\-PE    7e340000-7e46e000    \               oleaut32

ELF    7e46e000-7e4f3000    Deferred        rpcrt4<elf>

\-PE    7e480000-7e4f3000    \               rpcrt4

ELF    7e4f3000-7e638000    Deferred        ole32<elf>

\-PE    7e510000-7e638000    \               ole32

ELF    7e638000-7e6b3000    Deferred        shlwapi<elf>

\-PE    7e650000-7e6b3000    \               shlwapi

ELF    7e6b3000-7e901000    Deferred        shell32<elf>

\-PE    7e6c0000-7e901000    \               shell32

ELF    7e901000-7e97d000    Deferred        advapi32<elf>

\-PE    7e910000-7e97d000    \               advapi32

ELF    7e97d000-7ea9e000    Deferred        gdi32<elf>

\-PE    7e990000-7ea9e000    \               gdi32

ELF    7ea9e000-7ebfa000    Dwarf           user32<elf>

\-PE    7eab0000-7ebfa000    \               user32

ELF    7ebfa000-7ec07000    Deferred        libnss_files.so.2

ELF    7ec07000-7ec13000    Deferred        libnss_nis.so.2

ELF    7ec13000-7ec2c000    Deferred        libnsl.so.1

ELF    7ef9c000-7efe2000    Deferred        libm.so.6

ELF    7efe6000-7f000000    Deferred        version<elf>

\-PE    7eff0000-7f000000    \               version

ELF    f73f0000-f73f9000    Deferred        libnss_compat.so.2

ELF    f73fa000-f75a8000    Dwarf           libc.so.6

ELF    f75a8000-f75ad000    Deferred        libdl.so.2

ELF    f75ae000-f75ca000    Deferred        libpthread.so.0

ELF    f75e8000-f779e000    Dwarf           libwine.so.1

ELF    f77a0000-f77c2000    Deferred        ld-linux.so.2

ELF    f77c4000-f77c5000    Deferred        [vdso].so

Threads:

process  tid      prio (all id:s are in hex)

0000000e services.exe

0000001e    0

0000001d    0

00000017    0

00000016    0

00000014    0

00000010    0

0000000f    0

00000012 winedevice.exe

0000001c    0

00000019    0

00000018    0

00000013    0

0000001a plugplay.exe

00000020    0

0000001f    0

0000001b    0

00000021 explorer.exe

00000025    0

00000024    0

00000023    0

00000022    0

00000026 (D) C:\users\jc\Local Settings\Application Data\Warframe\Downloaded\Public\Tools\Launcher.exe

00000027    0 <==

System information:

Wine build: wine-1.7.55

Platform: i386 (WOW64)

Host system: Linux

Host version: 3.19.0-39-generic

The launcher will open, but force close really quickly, leaving this error message.  Even if I run the application from the terminal I still get the same problem

If anyone can understand this code help would be appriciated :D, Thanks for your time

hey, how you run warframe? from steam or standalone launcher? You client already downloaded? Tell more info, please (e.g. wine version, linux distrib, hardware)