Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Player Solo Instance/ Visual Foundry.

43Emprah

I am proposing that to compliment the new player dojo's, each player have a single instanced room on a dropship. The purpose of this being, a visual arsenal for your amassed equipment in your inventory. One feature I would love to see, are crafting stations, that feature a visual representation of your gear being crafted. You would still initiate crafting via the standard foundry window, but upon entering the ship, you can walk over to a station, and see your scindo being created. Players can see random items from their existing inventory, hanging on the walls, or sitting on on shelves.

This also helps players feel more immersed in their world, instead of just clicking boxes, with visual representations of crafting materials, and receiving their gear 12 hours later, they can now see their foundry at work. What do you guys think? Is this something the community would like to see?

Be sure to vote this up, if you are into the idea. Attracting dev attention, can't hurt.

Edited by 43Emprah

I would love to be able to see my arsenal grow. It would also be cool if you could see the warframes you don't have equipped resting in cryopods or tubes of liquid or something like that. A visual arsenal would be incredible, as well as watching your gear being made. Although perhaps an option to access the current foundry would be nice if you just wanna craft something real quick instead of loading into an instance.

I would love to be able to see my arsenal grow. It would also be cool if you could see the warframes you don't have equipped resting in cryopods or tubes of liquid or something like that. A visual arsenal would be incredible, as well as watching your gear being made. Although perhaps an option to access the current foundry would be nice if you just wanna craft something real quick instead of loading into an instance.

My intent was that you would still initiate crafting via the current UI. You would just be able to SEE the progress being made, while in your dropship. This way, as you said, players aren't forced to load into an instance to initiate crafting. This would give players an alternative hub to hang out in between missions. Allow players to toggle Region chat on an off while inside the instance maybe, have a star map/holo projector in the center of the room, that players can use to enter the mission queueing system. The possibilities are endless. Players tend to feel more connected to their time investment, when they are given a visual aid. Being able to enter your ropship, and actually LOOK at your progress, would be VERY gratifying, in my opinion.

This is a very interesting idea. I would love to be able to watch my arsenal grow, like some of the above people said. It would also give justification to the whole "buying slots for weapons/warframes" thing. You could actually have to buy weapon racks or pods for your stuff. That would make a whole lot of sense in my opinion. Being able to visually see the progress on my crafting would be really immersive. 

This is a very interesting idea. I would love to be able to watch my arsenal grow, like some of the above people said. It would also give justification to the whole "buying slots for weapons/warframes" thing. You could actually have to buy weapon racks or pods for your stuff. That would make a whole lot of sense in my opinion. Being able to visually see the progress on my crafting would be really immersive. 

There are countless ways this could be tied into lore/game functionality. This also gives players who love to solo missions, a sense of individual accomplishment, outside of their clan activities. Growing as a clan, and building a dojo, is obviously something the devs want to put heavy focus on, and I don't want to detract from that. Players wouldn't necessarily customize their dropships, otherwise they wouldn't want to hang out in dojos. This can give players who aren't granted design rights in their dojo, a feeling of having their OWN space.

I don't think we could display our ENTIRE arsenal in the dropship, simply because our arsenals are exponentially growing with each reinfocement/Update. This is why I proposed that the gear/Frames we see in our dropships, be randomized each time we enter. The gear would still have any cosmetic applications that we have applied (Colors/skins ect.). It would be randomly selected from the pool of currently unequipped gear/frames.

Edited by 43Emprah

^^ This primarily!