Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Anyone Used The Audacity Audio Editor?could Use Some Hints For Lazer Fx Design

GunDownGrace

i got pretty much the sound i want so far..but its basically flat..the weapon im making this for fires laser bursts in the short range,like a mini opticor with no tracking laser or charge cycle

but how do i get the sound to be like it's "bursting forth",should i amplify the end and use the fade in control?

found a silly little "pew pew" laser effect and then ran alot of other effects on it,distorting and contorting it to where i liked the sound

what im saying is im unsure of how to implement a proper audio volume spike

i dont want it sounding like a grenade,bullet,or explosion,which follow similar waveforms

found a silly little "pew pew" laser effect and then ran alot of other effects on it,distorting and contorting it to where i liked the sound

what im saying is im unsure of how to implement a proper audio volume spike

i dont want it sounding like a grenade,bullet,or explosion,which follow similar waveforms

A spike in what?

referring to the waveform edit screen,where volume or pitch rises are depicted by a shape that looks like a spike

If you are trying to make the laser sound like it's going "forth" add a fade out. If you want to edit the pitch or decimals yourself select the part you want and use the correct tools.

"Bursting" would likely be two sound files of the same(I'm not sure, I don't use audacity, just other editors... should work, though...)

Make the first scale about twice the second, and then have a fade out on the second. So you'll have a LOUD and then Fade. That gives the impression of a burst followed by traveling into the distance.

EDIT: That is to say, 2 copies of the same 1 sound, the first cropped to stop after the first 1/8th of the sound, the second cropped to be the last 7/8ths of the sound. Or 1/4th and 3/4ths, if it's a really short one.

Edited by Llyssa