Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hawken (Mech F2P Fps Game) Lives Again!

hijinks_the_turtle

https://www.facebook.com/playhawken

The awesome dystopian mech slaying game has been revived! YES!  This doesn't happen to many games, I'm glad it got picked up by some new devs.  For more information here: http://www.reddit.com/r/Hawken/comments/2z3c0y/recap_of_the_community_meeting_with_hawkens_new/

To be honest, I'm surprised... Nonetheless, it is a game that deserves to be given another chance.

Edited by hijinks_the_turtle

oh hey I remember this game!

stopped playing it  a little bit before they transitioned to steam because I just lost interest in it and I moved onto Warframe. last I heard they stopped updating it and just kept it idle with no updates for nearly half a year with no response, if the new devs start cranking out new content then I might consider reinstalling it and giving it another go.

(Edit: actually ill give it another go right now since I found my way to their homepage and remembered my password...)

(Edit2: wow, haven't played this in awhile... wtf have they done with the HUD!? it's butchered!)

Edited by McDuffMan

oh hey I remember this game!

stopped playing after it transitioned to steam because I just lost interest in it and I moved onto Warframe. last I heard they stopped updating it and just kept it idle with no updates for nearly half a year with no response, if the new devs start cranking out new content then I might consider reinstalling it and giving it another go.

It might take a bit for new content to come out, the new devs, as the team is currently looking for people to join them, and they are first going to fix whatever problems arose during the half-year period of the original devs silence.  Development in games is very tough, DE had to go through a lot before they had the ability to do what's in Warframe now.  So I hope the new devs can work out something. ^~^

I just have bad feeling about seeing this butchered down again like last time. Damn moneywhales ruined that game. It is good but those who already were really good ruined the game. They didn't give **** about new players. I loved the game and managed to predict its down fall. Lets hope this attempt goes better.

*cloaks in to shadows as infiltrator and goes to look for prey*

It... it lives again? FINALLY.

It was really kinda sad for Hawken to go down like that. I really hoped for a mech fighting game like this and then I heard that Hawken didn't get updated anymore.

This is some very good news. Can't wait to see the next update note on Steam.

Not having hate against HAWKEN it is a great game on my part. I loved the mechs and how all classes had some personality attached with the emotes. I love the mechs of HAWKEN how many types of them are but sadly yes game slightly on the fact that Berserker and rocketeer came out to be most efficient mechs on the battlefield.

Hm...I grew up with Armored Core. So slow, tank-esque mechas are just really boring to me. Especially ones like titanfall and Hawken.

Sadly yes Armored core is more of a PvE game right now besides in that you couldn't walk side ways. HAWKEN is exciting when there is 16 players and combat is exciting and fast paced when having asaassin type mech.

Hm...I grew up with Armored Core. So slow, tank-esque mechas are just really boring to me. Especially ones like titanfall and Hawken.

Wow, you will like Hawken then, it's pretty fast paced.  You need good timing for dodging and boosting and stuff.  The problem with the video on the Steam page is that it gives the illusion that it's slow like MechWarrior and stuff.  <== That really bugged me imo.

If anyone wants to check out how Hawken community and the new devs (who seems really cool so far, like DE) check it out on the OfficialHawken Twitch (Go to past broadcasts and and click on 'Hawken Developer Live Stream - [HWK]capnjosh #2' The length is 2:39:05.

I just tried Hawken again as the last time I played it was back when it was in Beta and after I heard the devs rip'd I didn't see a point to return.

But Dayum.

It's fun.

:D

It's good that Hawken has new devs now!  From Twitch, the devs said Hawken forums might return this week, which is a great start.

Sadly yes Armored core is more of a PvE game right now besides in that you couldn't walk side ways. HAWKEN is exciting when there is 16 players and combat is exciting and fast paced when having asaassin type mech.

Actually AC has become quite PvP focused. The PvP modes are the most fun because your team has to be very tactical.

Wow, you will like Hawken then, it's pretty fast paced.  You need good timing for dodging and boosting and stuff.  The problem with the video on the Steam page is that it gives the illusion that it's slow like MechWarrior and stuff.  <== That really bugged me imo.

Maybe I'll try it out after Bloodborne comes out.

Actually AC has become quite PvP focused. The PvP modes are the most fun because your team has to be very tactical.

Maybe I'll try it out after Bloodborne comes out.

Jeez what about HAWKEN then trying to recap AA site at critical moments of siege mode specially if your enemy team has a good technician there is a lot needed to be done.

Jeez what about HAWKEN then trying to recap AA site at critical moments of siege mode specially if your enemy team has a good technician there is a lot needed to be done.

I never said HAWKEN wasn't like that, all I'm saying is that AC isn't PvE centered anymore.