Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

"the Connection To The Host Has Been Lost"

RadioLarity

I agree completely, I've been playing for awhile; but today was ridiculous.

I couldn't enter one single mission without getting the "Host Migration" error. My internet connection works fine but it results in me doing missions solo everytime! I hope they fix this problem.

You missed the point completely. Host migration is good, basically it means you will be able to continue playing once the new host is chosen (it happens when the host departs, or in a new squad when one player has a better connection than the current host). The problem of OP, and I have experienced it too, is that sometimes the game just send you back to the liset with that frustrating message that was on the screenshot and you lose everything for no apparent reason. It is especially frustrating when you just know that you could have finished the mission solo.

Edited by Elyan

They better fix this soon or I'm going to end up quitting. It's bull that everytime I join a game I get the host migrate error and go back to the liset as soon as I load in...

Seriously. I legit can't play because of it

truthfully i dont think they can solve the problem cause the problem isnt their servers. from what i have seen one person hosts the game on their computer and everyone connects to the host.

Probably what is happening is some shady people have a way to kick you off their hosted game and reap all the rewards themselves.

Vindictus is run the same way and have had simular issues. it's the person who's hosting the maps fault not the game makers themselves. It's why they cant solve it.

and another issues i think if they got the PC/PS4/xbox all on the same severs trying to match make together i dont think that works. Last i heard the consols cant connect to PC hosted games and vice versa

Never had problems until today... now i get this massage when ever the loading screen hits ~60% for other hosts.... i can host for others but i have a S#&$ty laptop to do so... in the 1 moment i was playing a def earning 36 neuro sensors in 1 mission 5 min later i couldnt join a single hosted game invited or on the map with randoms...

Ever since the Double Resource Weekend, I haven't been able to join any grineer missions, I get the "migrating hosts" as soon as I load into a multiplayer mission, and then "lost connection to host". I tried re-instaling, checking file integrity, everything seems okay -- a quick peek at the forums, and it seems like hundreds of people have been having connection issues. Perhaps its a bunch of different issues that's why it doesn't seem like DE is fixing anything, but honestly, when "fixes" come out that just break more things, it sucks....a lot 

/--PLEASE FIX--\ /--PLEASE FIX--\ I'm having a bunch of instances where when i want to do a mission, and there are a lot of squads, it tries to auto-match me into one, and it always ends in "Connection to Host has been lost. Returning to multiplayer menu". But whenever I DO get in a mission by myself, people joining my game is near flawless. What gives? I wouldn't mind popping in and out of a squad to do a mission. This also prevents me from playing with my friends, so I have to wing it for some of the harder missions (i.e. interception, survival, defense, ones that almost require 2+ people) This should be a HUGE priority to be fixed SOON. /--PLEASE FIX--\ /--PLEASE FIX--\

truthfully i dont think they can solve the problem cause the problem isnt their servers. from what i have seen one person hosts the game on their computer and everyone connects to the host.

Probably what is happening is some shady people have a way to kick you off their hosted game and reap all the rewards themselves.

Vindictus is run the same way and have had simular issues. it's the person who's hosting the maps fault not the game makers themselves. It's why they cant solve it.

and another issues i think if they got the PC/PS4/xbox all on the same severs trying to match make together i dont think that works. Last i heard the consols cant connect to PC hosted games and vice versa

this would be an option if it happens sometimes and at the end of missions... but u get bonus xp and credits for playing with others and i loose the host while loading the game not in the middle of a match...

recently i have a suspicion. i dont know if this was before i got the errors too. but now the game freezes for like ~30 sec on the beginning of the loading screen... maybe the host computer takes this as a time out and rejects the connection after that! i could only join 1 single match hosted by some one else and some how we have been 5 tenno in one mission at the end:

JqiINth.jpg

Now I remember why I quit back in 2013. This is why I stopped playing Warframe back then, and unfortunately I'm going to uninstall Warframe again soon if I still have these connection issues. I want to keep playing, I don't even care that the game is just farming, and this is the first and only game that I've actually gone out of my way to spend 3 figures of real dollars on because I actually believe in the devs and want the game to take off, but it's all kind of pointless if I keep getting booted from every game. When I quit Warframe in 2013 I left thinking the connectivity issue would be fixed in a few months, so I was pretty disappointed in that aspect when I came back 2 years later. At best my connection was unreliable, now it reliably disconnects me sometime during every game. Sometimes there's lag, sometimes there's none, but I get the boot message anyway. It wouldn't be so bad if I didn't lose mods I needed so many times because of this. Why can't DE 'bank' the rewards every 5 waves? At least then it's not a complete waste of time when someone gets disconnected at the round 20 mark.

Yeah, but, that's cool that happens and I'm okay, maybe there is a troll playing there who's hosting and kicking, or maybe that's just a person who left bcs he had a dinner or smth, that's ok.

The problem is that the "Host migration" doesn't work. The game just puts you back into the liset with nothing. No rewards, no xp, no nothing. Like you were never there. It should either put you back into the mission with or without other ppl, or it should put you back into the liset BUT give you the rewards.

Ideally you should have the option to choose if you feel that you won't make it w/o team.

I love this game.  It honestly is one of my favorite PC games of all time.  But ever since I have been constantly losing connection to the host, the game has been very difficult to play.  Whenever I host a game myself, the players in my party get disconnected.  If anyone can supply any help or solutions, I would be most grateful.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I would love that programmers solve this lost connection issue because I believe that I do not have much time to play and when I want to enjoy myself and spend more time playing always'm having this disappointment. I think it is not hard to migrate the host to the next player who is with the best connection. If it is not possible to migrate at least we won the items that fell.

I hope you take into consideration.

Att.

Another player who is about to give up.

I second this. Recently I was playing a Tower 4 Defense, and was on wave 35, with the team planning to extract at wave 40. The game froze, and then a message popped up saying, "Connection to the host has been lost." No kind of rejoin session message box popped up, like has happened to me sometimes before. I messaged the host and got a reinvite, but when I tried to rejoin, I got a message saying something similar to, "Can't rejoin. The objective has already been completed." We tried several more reinvites, and rejoin attempts, with the same result.

I then restarted the game in the hope that would fix it, logged in, and then commenced several more reinvite, and rejoin attempts. Same result. "Can't rejoin. The objective has already been completed." Needless to say, I was unable to join, and all of the rewards, resources, etc. from that mission were lost. The thing is, this exact same thing happened to me a few days previously, also for a T4D (or ODD, I can't remember which) where the team was going 40 waves.

Please fix this problem, ASAP. A quick fix would be to have the option to rejoin the game if you lost connection (preferably with a popup message) &/or perhaps disabling whatever prevents the player from rejoining because "The objective has already been completed." in this case?

• 2 months later...

I second this. Recently I was playing a Tower 4 Defense, and was on wave 35, with the team planning to extract at wave 40. The game froze, and then a message popped up saying, "Connection to the host has been lost." No kind of rejoin session message box popped up, like has happened to me sometimes before. I messaged the host and got a reinvite, but when I tried to rejoin, I got a message saying something similar to, "Can't rejoin. The objective has already been completed." We tried several more reinvites, and rejoin attempts, with the same result.

I then restarted the game in the hope that would fix it, logged in, and then commenced several more reinvite, and rejoin attempts. Same result. "Can't rejoin. The objective has already been completed." Needless to say, I was unable to join, and all of the rewards, resources, etc. from that mission were lost. The thing is, this exact same thing happened to me a few days previously, also for a T4D (or ODD, I can't remember which) where the team was going 40 waves.

Please fix this problem, ASAP. A quick fix would be to have the option to rejoin the game if you lost connection (preferably with a popup message) &/or perhaps disabling whatever prevents the player from rejoining because "The objective has already been completed." in this case?

I'm beginning to experience bug regularly.  Game joins and host migration are fine, but Void and Derelict missions sometimes freeze with 'lost connection' message and return to landing craft without rewards or pickups. 

A fix would allow the player to do host migration, or to at the very least to get the rewards earned to the point of disconnect.  

does anyone know of a fix or workaround?

tia