Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tips For Memorizing?

Goosmo

I have to do a project presentation tomorrow. But i don't know if i can memorize everything from my project report which is 8 pages (without pictures). The presentation has to last minimum 15 minutes. It makes me abit nervous because i hate being the center of all the attention. *sigh* What a bad timing to do something like this.

Edited by ArchTenno

Try using mnemonics and association to memorize the really big points of your subject. A mnemonic I like is taking anything I need to remember, and turning it into a very vivid, caricature of what it is, something funny or impressive that'll stick. (i.e. I need to remember to clean the dishwasher, I imagine putting a bunch of dishwashers in a big dishwasher, that's in another one, and another one, dishwasherception.) Association could work well if you know what room you'll be giving your presentation in tomorrow, take each big part of your report and link it to a part of the room, or an object in the room, then, from left to right or vice versa, you can check what's left to talk about if you draw a blank. Plus, it helps with body movement and making eye contact with your audience (or the illusion of it at least). Finally, if you can memorize the big points, all that's left is to fill in the blanks with a logic system, just state the fact you know from your own personal knowledge, state the things you remember from you project and the rest, just link all the things you've said together and explain through logical step how they interact. It won't work really well for all subject, but it can help out and fill your time without it being pure fluff.

I hope it helped.

Good luck, and remember: You, have got this!

For my speaking class, they suggest speaking to other people to practice what you are saying so you know what you plan to say tomorrow. Move around the room alittle so you dont feel awkward standing in one place

Look at your friend in class so you dont have to look at everyone

You could also write down the main points with some information so you dont have to just spit out random info but just what is important.

Good luck!

Most presentations are arranged in a way that the subtopics flow into one another. There is a smooth, reasonable transition between paragraphs and ideas. I find that clearly identifying the order of this flow, and which subtopics come before/after each other, helps to keep the presentation sticking in my mind.

Oh, and might I ask, why do you need to memorize an 8-page report?