The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Finding Actual Weapons In Gameplay

shadowslasher1

don't really know what to write... but i thought it'd be pretty sweet to be able to find actual weapons instead of blueprints in levels not like every mission but occasionally i think it'd spice up the game letting u have more freedom for different playing styles based on weapons u find any thoughts comments or drawbacks u can see oh and where could u ask the people who put the updates into effectto do something like this? thank you

-shadowslasher1 

A different system, but not whole weapons IMO.

For example, imagine Grineer Lancers have a 2.5% chance to drop fragments of the Grakata. And if you were to assemble say... 5-10 fragments, you could build the grakata without needing a blueprint/the existing blueprint.
But just finding nice, whole weapons just sitting around... well. It would be nice, but not very balanced;

I'm not sure, but maybe the OP meant something along the lines of temporary weapons you can pick up and use, but only within that mission and only until you run out of ammunition? The kind of thing you can find in other shooters.

I'd think it would be interesting, personally, though not particularly necessary (and I'm not sure I want work put into weapons we can't level up or really do anything with). Could be an interesting way to preview upcoming weapons, I suppose. Or if it's ancient Orokin tech weapons that we don't really know how to maintain yet... *shrug*

I think the suggestion the OP is making speaks more the lack of variety in loot.  Rather than adding weapons, loot just needs to be more unique and interesting.  Finding a good mod is just not as interesting as say, finding a good weapon in most dungeon cralwers since everyone will eventually get the mods they need, and they're all the same exact mods.  Mods as a whole need to be expanded more so that it's possible to get something unique and interesting.  We sort've had this in the old system with dual attribute mods, and something similar does need to be added to make looting still feel worthwhile.

Edited by Aggh

I wouldn't mind being able to grab an Enemy Grakata from the ground, or even yanking it out of enemy hands and shooting them in the face with it, just to be able to troll around with it. Or maybe one of the Corpus rifles. That'd be neat. 

One of the best feelings in Warframe is when you go to the Foundry and you see a weapon ready to claim after days of gathering materials, and to make random weapon drops would make it way too easy. The only real balance for random weapon drops would be for the enemies to drop crap weapons (It wouldn't be very fair or rewarding if a random grunt dropped an AKBolto), and why would we want free crap weapons we're never going to use? Personally I prefer to err on the side of a game being more challenging than easy, and this would take out a good deal of challenge.

Not trying to be a jerk or anything, and I do think that the game should offer more variety in random drops, but I don't think something as essential to gameplay as weaponry should be included in that category.

The OP was mostly english...

Until;

"different playing styles based on weapons u find any thoughts comments or drawbacks u can see oh and where could u ask the people who put the updates into effectto do something like this?"

Then It devolved into whatever language that was.

Instead of making all Blueprints available on the Market... I always felt the blueprints should drop from enemies that use said weapons.

You could keep the BPs on the Market, but give every enemy that uses a weapon a small chance (1%?) to drop a blueprint of a weapon that they use. Like, something that uses a Grakata has a 1% chance of dropping the blueprint when it is killed.

That way people have reason to just randomly farm regular enemies (instead of running past them to get to the boss).

Obviously, some Tenno-only weapons aren't used by enemies, those would be Market only obviously.

I'm not sure, but maybe the OP meant something along the lines of temporary weapons you can pick up and use, but only within that mission and only until you run out of ammunition? The kind of thing you can find in other shooters.

I'd think it would be interesting, personally, though not particularly necessary (and I'm not sure I want work put into weapons we can't level up or really do anything with). Could be an interesting way to preview upcoming weapons, I suppose. Or if it's ancient Orokin tech weapons that we don't really know how to maintain yet... *shrug*

If the OP was talking about something like Quetz did, I would think it a good idea.

Loot the seeker for Latcher? HEHE?

But then, I have these questions swarming in my head.

where would the Kill Exp go? Just warframe and sentinel?

would it be logical if the enemy also be able to pick up a stronger weapon from their fallen comrade? 

Edited by Chained

don't really know what to write... but i thought it'd be pretty sweet to be able to find actual weapons instead of blueprints in levels not like every mission but occasionally i think it'd spice up the game letting u have more freedom for different playing styles based on weapons u find any thoughts comments or drawbacks u can see oh and where could u ask the people who put the updates into effectto do something like this? thank you

-shadowslasher1 

k0BjmLD.jpg

The OP was mostly english...

Until;

"different playing styles based on weapons u find any thoughts comments or drawbacks u can see oh and where could u ask the people who put the updates into effectto do something like this?"

Then It devolved into whatever language that was.

hilarious yeah i was rushed but seriously hilarious

yeah it was just an idea that crossed my mind and the thought was maybe 1 weapon per 10 missions but the idea of finding pieces then crafting them together is seriously great also maybe instead of finding weapons making the materials u need for weapons along with blueprints drop more often or something intresting here making mods craftable 

on a completly random note did not think id get so many replys in just a day wow

and the language i drop of into is a mix of text-alion (text-al-ee-on) and type-enees (type-uh-knees)

A different system, but not whole weapons IMO.

For example, imagine Grineer Lancers have a 2.5% chance to drop fragments of the Grakata. And if you were to assemble say... 5-10 fragments, you could build the grakata without needing a blueprint/the existing blueprint.

But just finding nice, whole weapons just sitting around... well. It would be nice, but not very balanced;

that is genius i agree it'd be way to easy to much build up in the inventory

-shadowslasher1 

k0BjmLD.jpg

oh... ok...

If what you're saying is the ability for Tennos to pick up, say, a heavy napalm grineer's flame launcher, and use it until it runs out of ammo, then yes, I would like this idea. If anything else than is terrible.

Edited by Cestus

What about on site procurement?

Start with only melee and get all your other weapons from killed enemies. The weapons are only used for the duration of the mission, of course.

(corpus laser pew pew!)