Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Spy 2.0 = Somewhat Fast Exp Without The Tears

-dicht.ThanksFrost-

Question

Lately people have been using repfarming areas (interceptions) in order to maximize rep and level up fast. The problem is getting that group together, with the chance that one of the people have absolutely no idea what they are doing. The AFK system that was recently integrated and most importantly online play. Online play is a ressource hog in this game especially recently, to the point that people can only play solo, and it seems that due to recent updates, more and more people are subjected to play solo only.

So with all that in mind, how can players level up their weapons somewhat quickly, without having to rely on other people and avoiding the afk system? And the answer is spy 2.0

I have been doing this for a while, its easily accessible, gives good exp and with some practice can be really quick and efficient for leveling any type of weapon.

What do you need:

A loki, with max duration and efficency

Energy Restores (just in case)

A weapon

Patience and skill

First things first equip your loki, and make sure that you have only one weapon equipped, you can equip more weapons but be aware that the more weapons you have equipped them ore runs you have to do. You can try to level all three weapons doing this, but it will take 3x more runs to max your guns. I like to do things in increments so I just keep 1 weapon.

Now go on the star chat > select Pluto > Oceanium and make sure that you set ur matchmaking settings to solo, because u don't need em,

Assuming that you are on the mission, you much now get all three terminals without being detected. Getting the data without being detected gives you the maximum amount of points.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2iTXSCUyG8&feature=youtu.be

Recently Uploaded: Might be low quality

I suggest doing the terminals in order, from personal experience the extraction point is almost always near C.

Detection Rules:

1) Any detection outside of the actual terminal rooms will not remove your undetected bonus. Meaning that you can go in guns blazing and still get your bonus AS LONG AS YOU DO NOT GET DETECTED IN THE TERMINAL ROOM you are fine and will receive your bonus.

2) In some terminal room there will be foot soldiers, it is recommended to not kill these soldiers since it could risk detection. 

3) Motion Sensors in Terminal Rooms (if they spot you) can activate the alarm and take out your stealth bonus. Shooting these will not sound the alarm.

4) Decoy + Switch Teleport can be useful in one of the rooms, but be aware that the motion sensor can detect it and sound the alarm.

5) Turrets in rooms even if they shoot you, will not sound the alarm, meaning that you can be not in invisibility and a turret can shoot you. It does not matter the alarm will not activate.

6) When hacking a terminal do not fail the puzzle and DO NOT SLIDE AND ACTIVATE IT this propels the player so far away from the terminal that it cancels out and thus activates the alarm. Pressing ESC during the hacking has the same effect.

The Benefits:

A Undetected Extraction will give 12000 exp with a booster that is 24000exp on average (with booster) i get 60-70k exp per run plus the bonus which gives me roughly 113-120k exp, each run takes a maximum 5 mins but can be as short as 2-3 mins.

Without a booster you can level melee weapons in 6 runs

With a booster you can level a melee weapon in 3 runs or less

Without a booster you can level any other weapon in 8-10 runs

With a booster you can level another weapon in 4-5 runs

The reason why it's faster to level melee weapons is because you can equip damage mods faster ,and with loki's melee multiplier you can get the stealth bonuses from killing enemies along the way. You can use banshee for guns but I find that she is bad in the rooms. The goal here is speed and loki does this much better than any other frame.

So this is my guide i hope you like it. And hope you guys can make use of it in the future!

Edited by DrOP_

I've been running the Spy missions on Ceres. No Nullifiers, and the terminals don't sound the alarm if you brain-freeze in it.
I also keep my Huras Kubrow equipped. Less XP allocated to the weapons, but it really doesn't matter *what* frame I'm in. I've gone with near-completely naked frame *and* weapons, with my trusty puppy to keep me hidden, without too much of a problem.

Electrical resistance is nice, though, for those traps that are freaking everywhere...

(This picture was an Alert if I remember correctly. That's why there's another player there.)
eKK5fXK.jpg

Ive had good luck with mag in spy missions.  She can blow up cameras or patrollers with pull and crush.  You need a silenced one hit kill gun, I have several but tend to use my silenced angstrum to pick off alarm bots or patrols.    Finally, another good thing to have is a set of ciphers, I have the 10x crafting recipe from somewhere and never leave home without some.  You won't always need them, but if you pop the alarm, one click per terminal can let you rescue the data in time whereas trying to solve 3 or 4 ciphers while fighting off 3 or 4 spawned guards is risky. 

I love the new spy missions.   Its a game of patience, really...  go slowly, observe the room, and find your way in.   There always is a way in but in some cases it requires an extra nimble jump, run, or such that can be unforgiving.   I failed the stupid treasure ship this last week, sadly... just stepped wrong one time and its over.