The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Are These Mods Useless?

Afroman12

Thunderclap - 15% max for 9 points? Wut? They are dead before that chance even comes about. Raise chances to 45%?

Stopping Power - 7 points but the same as Thunderclap... Again... 45%.

IMO do you really need to stun monster? Just put them in your pet like a bonus or something? And 15% is actually alot. (You are shooting lots of bullet) Unless you are using Latron or some non-sprayable rifle/pistol, which would make this mod seems unless. But for me I just put them in my pets as a bonus, since you can put way better mods to TEAR thru monsters.

I have been to wave 40+ on xini on several occasions and I see no reason why I would ever waste mod space on vitality.

The simple solution is don't stand near toxic ancients. Brilliant, I know.

holy crap!!!!!!!!!!!!! rocket science!!!!!!!!! i can't NOT stand there and give the ancient a big old kiss you know

I have been to wave 40+ on xini on several occasions and I see no reason why I would ever waste mod space on vitality.

...so you're one of those people that run away from the pod and snipe at the mess... this is the reason I don't like going past wave 15...

thats a really good solution. in my made up fantasy world where only good things happen and every outcome always favors me I would just use an Epic Nuclear Bomb to kill all the ancients while noclip is turned on. it's so simple im surprised more people do not use this strategy on xini...?

/snip

Revenge - The Shades gun is garbage. Give the Shade a different skill or something or a better gun.

Revenge helps you to keep stealthed isn't it? I mean it makes your Sentinel stop shooting unless you get shot. Its the only way to get a Sentinel work during a stealth mission in combination with the stealth ability.

brilliant sure, but if you make a mistake/get trapped and a toxic gets close/horde grabs you not much you can do once your shields go down.

+Armor % works the same regardless of your initial armor value.

It works out to +% time lived while taking hp damage. So if you'd die in 4 seconds on, say, Ember, you'd get an extra 2 seconds to live with +50% armor, even tho its just +5 armor. If you'd die in 4 seconds on Frost (taking a lot more damage than above) you'd still get 2 extra seconds.

Vital/Armor is by no means useless on certain frames (Frost/Saryn) especially with a Trinity coming along. :)

Vital is useful against Toxics/Disruptors, even if its just for mistakes.

Revenge on the Shade works just fine. DPS is ~10% less than Wyrm's once it's engaged.

Stun mods do need to be higher, but NOT for shotguns, which calcs stun chance for each pellet (so 6x to 10x chance to stun/shot). Melee stun is pointless regardless of the %age as most weapons have stagger, and those that dont cant use the stun mods anyways (they dont work)

I like the idea of a mod to harden your shield tho. Would work effectively with Redirec, as Armor works with Vital. Having a tiny bit of Regen paired with Steel Fiber or Vitality would also be pretty sweet, and make sense for when you dont have a Trin to come along :)

do you people really just stand there next to huge crowds of infested and fight them honorably and not run away because lmao

To be frank: you die -> res. Pod dies -> mission failed.

I'd rather take a few hits and it would be preferable for squad mates to have that mind set if I'm willing to wade into ancients to attract aggro so we get past the wave. Its not a matter of making a mistake, its the fact ultimates just don't cut it at high levels and the most obvious way is to have them hit you instead of the pod.

Again, go fight a toxic ancient who happens to get too close (via charger horde, cqc, etc) and you'll wish you had more hp. And armor is good for when your shields drop (which they will eventually.)

I never used HP mods or chose HP nodes in the old system.

I still don't.

I feel like Retribution could be more worth it if it increased to a chance over 100% and acted like Multi-shot. After 100% always dealing damage to melee attackers with a chance to double tick.

And I feel in the way they work currently Vit and Fiber are useless, I really don't like how health in this game seems like some worthless investment due to no real health regen and shield superiority.

Edited by SocknBoppers

Some of those mods, could use a little love and they could be a lot better. Buffing underpowered things is usually fun. In addition to what Thief's Wit does, it could increase the pickup range by a bit so you don't have to stand on top of the resource/orbs to get them. Stun mods could... go back to the oven and rethink they're bake some more.

Edited by Cestus

This is a list from useful in a way to complete waste (generally speaking)
Vitality - you may think it's bad but when your dealing with infested defense against poison ancients better than shields on most characters as it is a %
Stopping power -  great on wyrm useless on much else excluding gorgon
Metal Augur - great if it worked well like before the mod system change e.g i had a gorgon with 10.8m before. IT grindes through mobs. if they buff it then great but no
Revenge - only way shade works good for killing those rollers and specific enemies
Thief wits - great for finding resources when crafting
Enemy radar - useful for gauging range e.g banshee's ult, good for stealth, bad for much else
Retribution - useful on Loki otherwise what the hell are you doing
Handspring - don't have decent against corpus defense otherwise no
Steel fiber- playing mag first mod was steel fiber took ~100% anyway needs conversion to flat values to become useful

I'd like to see Retribution as ALWAYS 100% with scaling damage per rank instead of increased chance.

It'd also be awesome to have it deal cold damage, as a snare, so it would be useful for kiters as well as meleers.

brilliant sure, but if you make a mistake/get trapped and a toxic gets close/horde grabs you not much you can do once your shields go down.

If you get knocked down with high level ancients around you, you are not going to survive. Vitality mod does not change that, unless perhaps you're Ember with overheat.

Does anyone find these mods useless...

(...)

Steel Fiber - I'll use the points from this into Fast Deflection. I don't know how to fix this... I'll never have to use it with as high as my shields are. Just gotta make sure to take cover if things get too heated.

(...)

Vitality - Why not take Redirection... you know Shields because they regenerate? Add regenerating to this as well... it'd make it more appealing. It'd also make Steel Fiber more appealing as well.

Vitality and Steel Fiber are everything but useless. Shields ALWAYS take full damage. Sure you can take cover and regenerate shields. Unless you get swarmed or are playing defense, or your teammate is downed in a swarm of enemies and your shields just got depleted. There is a multitude of reasons why vitality and steel fiber are very useful. Especially on Rhino or Frost where those mods combined can give you about 3k effective health.  And before you say "Rhino's vitality is irrelevant just spam Iron Skin" this is not always an option, so putting all eggs into the IS basket is a lack of foresight. 

The only characters where armor is useless are those with low base value.