The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Warframe Freezes And Disconnects

Yoshimitzu

Howdy tenno, not sure this is the correct place to post this buuuuuuut, this issue has been slowly eating me up, none of this was happening until 2 days ago.

So basically, I connect to a mission, no matter what mission, and some times (I never know when) it freezes for 15/20 seconds and then comes back, but, if I am the host (and, with no certainty even if I'm not host), players in my squad disconnect from the game and I am left alone.

I've tried many things, first I assumed it could be my GPU overheating so I put the fan Speed to 100% and pushed the GPU clock settings to stock, to no avail, maybe a connection issue? Nada, NAT is fine, internet is working good.

Is anyone experiencing this? I had this problem like 6 months ago and it faded away, but it came back to haunt me...

Cheers

Have you tried verifying & optimizing your game cache via the launcher? Also, have you made sure your GPU drivers and DirectX software are the latest versions?

This also sounds like it could be CPU related if your game is stuttering/freezing (assuming your audio is stuttering/freezing too). Make sure you don't have any resource-intensive applications running in the background. I'd also suggest Unparking your CPU cores, as this might potentially fix stuttering/locking up due to CPU workload being assigned to only 1 core.

Have you tried verifying & optimizing your game cache via the launcher? Also, have you made sure your GPU drivers and DirectX software are the latest versions?

This also sounds like it could be CPU related if your game is stuttering/freezing (assuming your audio is stuttering/freezing too). Make sure you don't have any resource-intensive applications running in the background. I'd also suggest Unparking your CPU cores, as this might potentially fix stuttering/locking up due to CPU workload being assigned to only 1 core.

No I haven't, I will make sure I do, and also will update my GPU drivers and DirectX

Also no, the audio does not freeze, it's just visual, If I alt+tab my desktop is running perfectly normal.

I do have my cores unparked as I have see your suggestion a long time ago in a Thread I think you created, and thank you.

Reminds me of a very old bug that was supposed to be fixed. Please post specs of your pc.

CPU - AMD Phenom II X4 965BE

GPU - AMD Radeon HD6870

RAM - Corsair Vengeance 8GB

PSU - OCZ ModXstream 500W

HDD/SSD - WD 500GB and a OCZ Vertex 60GB

got a Xigmatek afer-market cooler and a coupla fans.

I tried another game in the meantime and it happened again, freezed for 15 seconds, back to normal but all the players disconnected from the game, also I waited like 5 minutes to see if anybody else would join, nothing.

Thank you both for the fast replies.

No I haven't, I will make sure I do, and also will update my GPU drivers and DirectX

Also no, the audio does not freeze, it's just visual, If I alt+tab my desktop is running perfectly normal.

I do have my cores unparked as I have see your suggestion a long time ago in a Thread I think you created, and thank you.

CPU - AMD Phenom II X4 965BE

GPU - AMD Radeon HD6870

RAM - Corsair Vengeance 8GB

PSU - OCZ ModXstream 500W

HDD/SSD - WD 500GB and a OCZ Vertex 60GB

got a Xigmatek afer-market cooler and a coupla fans.

I tried another game in the meantime and it happened again, freezed for 15 seconds, back to normal but all the players disconnected from the game, also I waited like 5 minutes to see if anybody else would join, nothing.

Thank you both for the fast replies.

Hmm. At this point I think it may be a good idea to create a Support Ticket to get technical assistance from DE support staff.

The next time you experience the freeze/stuttering, wait until it resolves and then quit the game. Once you've closed out, locate your EE.log file located in your "%localappdata%\Warframe\" folder (Full path: "C:\Users\<Your Windows name>\appdata\local\Warframe\"). Take this file and copy it to somewhere else, because restarting the game will delete it and create a new one. With the EE.log in hand, open a ticket and attach it (if requested) by DE staff. You will likely also have to generate a dxdiag.txt file (DirectX Diagnostic Report) by running the dxdiag tool (Run prompt > "dxdiag" (without quotes) > Run; when you get a new window wait for it to finish collecting information and then select "save all information" to generate a dxdiag.txt file).

The EE.log file is an important tool as it allows support to see what was happening in your game while it was running.