Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Me Complaining About Warframe's Crafting System

de.Sync

If you can't play or access the game while crafting then I'd be agreeing with the OP. However, it really isn't the case with Warframe. While waiting you can pursue other objectives : getting more material/weapon/BP for your next project of saving these stuff up for UD8 dojo building.

12 hours, 24 hours, 72 hours are nothing if you're living your life the way normal person lives. If you insist on waiting in front of the screen without doing anything else then there's nothing we can do for you.

Craft them when you're going to go to sleep. 12hrs down the toilet.

The good part of this method is when you wake up you'll be like a child on christmas :"Is my new warframe complete ?" You know it is, but you can keep yourself from asking because it's like a present you do to yourself ^__^

@vieuxchat
I crafted my ash when I had to go on a road trip for 3 days without internet.  I started making him knowing that I would have something to look forwards to when I got back and could play the game again.  Was definately a good feeling to come back and see him ready to be claimed.

OP, the crafting in this game isn't that bad, yes there's long wait, but I've seen longer, try playing EVE Online, just before my play time ran out, I had a handful of skills I was researching, one of which had a wait time of 3 months, and on top of that, when you craft in that game, yes you can still play the game, but you don't really level up that fast without doing research. Be lucky there's only a 72 hour wait at the most, I would die/rage quit this game if there was a month wait on a crafting.

I'll never understand why people don't want a challenge.

There is literally nothing challenging about having to wait 12/24/72 HOURS on top of the time it takes to grind materials, blueprints, and credits.  Having to wait up to three days, on top of all of that time, is just needless tedium.  Getting the materials needed to craft an item can be challenging, but being forced to twiddle your thumbs is not challenging and never will be.

Personally I love WF crafting system. It makes you really *earn* what you want, and when you manage to finally build it, it's a great feeling of satisfaction. 

You earned that item by grinding the materials, blueprints, and credits needed to make it.   Insanely long crafting times are just a slap in the face on top of all of that.

Hello to OP.

Do you even play other games at all?

Do you know how fair this game is compared to other games out there? Where you can enjoy the full game without spending a single cent.

That is so true. Personally, I have 3 WFs , many weapons from craftin, 4 weapon potatoes from alerts, 1 WF potatoe from alert, 400k credits, and 1 wrym sentinel.

And I don't play a lot, I just play consistently. Around 1 to 3 hours a day, depending on work schedule.

I really don't see why are you complaining. The game is so fun, and you don't need to even pay? What's there to be fustrated about?!?!

Try out other games before you comment.

Edit : Some mmorts games makes you wait for a week for higher level structures to build, 3 days is nothing compared to that. You want speed? You pay, thats how earth works. I'm not sure how your planet works though. Please enlighten me.

Edited by Adalonie

There is literally nothing challenging about having to wait 12/24/72 HOURS on top of the time it takes to grind materials, blueprints, and credits.  Having to wait up to three days, on top of all of that time, is just needless tedium.

this is the one argument against the current system that i can get behind. it's actually the only thing i agree with, lolol.

i think 24 hours wait would be good. 48 hours might be even better to promote using platinum (ie supporting the game). 3 days i feel is a bit too long.

a slap to the face? that's far too overdramatic and hyperbolic.

​By the sound of your thread obviously you are a quite young member.

I would like to start with, creating a video game cost millions of dollar so free to play does not necessarily mean everything can be granted for free always. Its just another business model that giving you a chance to enjoy most of the content of the game for free as an exchange of grind. And if you think your time is more valuable then money then you can always insert some cash to developers as an appreciation to speed your crafting up.

Also if you were to get everything in a night with a click, the game would have no further point to play more than a week. And you wouldn't be playing the game anymore and you would be complaining how there is nothing left to do in this game.

And I think this is as civil as I can get especially in regards of the statement you put that I underlined, which is a pure insult considering the production value of this game and all the hard work that has been put in this game.

"okay craft it, have fun collecting this,then F*** you, then F*** you some more"

even rushing the item. THAT REQUIRES PLATINUM, WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
sure you make items available through platnium

if i had money to buy platinum, i'd buy another game instead.

for example, removing the crafting costs, i dont even understand why that is there
that would make me a happy boy

Anyone else think this or am I just stupid (feel free to say that im stupid, but please explain)

I think your exactly what you asked.

Why: Because this game althought F2P still has a "spend money feature" whilst at the same time still allows you to obtain ALL content ( with the exception of additional warframe and weapon slots) for free.

Pretty sweet deal IMO.

I bought grandmaster founder package and found myself feeling a little empty knowing that the crafting aspect of the game was now of little to no use to me, which for me is an exciting part of the game.

I paid instantly for the couple of things i really wanted and am now continuing to work at crafting the rest of the content at a steady pace.

Still leaving me feeling excited and rewarded when I i do craft the items and loot the required BP's form a drop.

Food for thought: 10-15 bucks will give you enough platinum to access ALL frame slots and a large number of weapon slots, its really quite cheap to be able to enjoy a game this fun and exciting to the fullest.

Not to mention the great support offerd by the developement team.

Hope this helps change your mind. :)

I i'm afraid i can't quite agree with you, the resources are hard to come by when you first start the game yes.. but if you could build everything from the gecko then this game would't have much of a lifespan. It will get easier and easier the more you play the game.

The crafting system seems fair to me but the wait time can be annoying yes and yet it's a fair mechanic by free to play stand point and to be honest if you ever want to rush something it would be early on in the game where you have't got a warframe you want yet, but the game gives you the starting 50 platinum enough to rush your first warframe and as long as you farm all the parts for the frame in one day which is not difficult then you can have a brand new frame in 1 day of farming. I got my rhino on the second day of playing this game and i've only been farming it for 1 day.

As regards to your comment "if i had money to buy platinum, i'd buy another game instead." i completely disagree, free to play games need support too you know ? way free to play games work is they rely on people to spend small amounts of cash when they have it to make money. If you don't want to spend any money on a good game just because it's free to play then you have to accept how free to play games work.

So in the end i don't think there was any reason for this topic to exist.

Edited by ZWarhammer

I want to applaud the OP. he knew what he was saying was complaining, and warned everyone that he was going to complain. If only more people could accurately name what they were going to do, so we know what to expect from them. Cheers.

I've seen many games which include a wait time. There are basically three reasons for this:

1) Create a demand for platinum which would make things more convenient

2) Force players to explore other things while they wait. This creates variety and is one of the key ways a game avoids becoming too grindy. It's a good way to retain the player's interest.

3) Create a long term gaming style. If you can get everything on Day One, you'll quickly lose interest and move on to something else. But with the crafting system, you'll come back on Day Two to try out your new weapon, and on Day Five to try out your new frame. It's a good way to build a strong player base. Besides, more long-term players = more potential customers. What's there not to like?

I've seen many games which include a wait time. There are basically three reasons for this:

1) Create a demand for platinum which would make things more convenient

2) Force players to explore other things while they wait. This creates variety and is one of the key ways a game avoids becoming too grindy. It's a good way to retain the player's interest.

3) Create a long term gaming style. If you can get everything on Day One, you'll quickly lose interest and move on to something else. But with the crafting system, you'll come back on Day Two to try out your new weapon, and on Day Five to try out your new frame. It's a good way to build a strong player base. Besides, more long-term players = more potential customers. What's there not to like?

Except there's nothing to explore after you've gotten everything you want, rendering point 3 useless until they actually deliver more content.

Frost

Snipetron

Aklato

Fragor

All mods I could ever want while grinding that out.

Huh, what should I do now?

Except there's nothing to explore after you've gotten everything you want, rendering point 3 useless until they actually deliver more content.

I think you forgot to add "that I want" on the end of your sentence there.

Just because you do not want to take advantage of the content that is already there (or don't like it) is not an argument against the crafting system.

I think you forgot to add "that I want" on the end of your sentence there.

Just because you do not want to take advantage of the content that is already there (or don't like it) is not an argument against the crafting system.

Except there is no content outside the base warframes, weapons, and missions. There's nothing to explore out in the game itself because everything is based on tilesets which all aim to lead you down the same corridor again.

Except there is no content outside the base warframes, weapons, and missions. There's nothing to explore out in the game itself because everything is based on tilesets which all aim to lead you down the same corridor again.

They are kind of creating the game right now. You want 100s of hours of premade content WOW is still up. Or many other games. This one might not be for you.