Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Is Life Is Strange So Popular?

TheErebus.

I mean, from what I hear it's because the protagonist is a female. 
If that's true then...really? I mean, I can count tons of other games with good female protagonists yet I rarely ever hear them being praised or brought up.

I get that the time travel thing is neat, but seriously, why is it so popular?

I think many people wish they could go back and change how they acted/reacted in a given situation. A couple trivial seeming tweaks and all of sudden life goes a different direction.

The game presents tools to go from a position of helplessness in a situation to one of strength/empowerment.

I think many people wish they could go back and change how they acted/reacted in a given situation. A couple trivial seeming tweaks and all of sudden life goes a different direction.

The game presents tools to go from a position of helplessness in a situation to one of strength/empowerment.

But in all honesty, it kinda ruins the choices and the impacts you make. I mean imagine if in a game like Mass effect, whenever an important choice was being made, you could rewind it so that you can choose another one. 

To me, it kinda seems like cheating.

But in all honesty, it kinda ruins the choices and the impacts you make. I mean imagine if in a game like Mass effect, whenever an important choice was being made, you could rewind it so that you can choose another one. 

In an almost all story game it's like a choose your own adventure.

Can't argue with that. Different strokes for different folks though.

In games like Mass Effect and Dragon Age I played at a snails pace. I had to reload my game a dozen times for every dialogue tree. It wasn't because I wanted to scum perfect results every time, but rather that I wanted to hear all the dialogue and take a peek at how things might've gone differently.