Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Synoid Gammacor Nerf

loratdem

Quoting my own post from a different thread on the same topic:

I, for one, am glad it got balanced, but I think they may have gone too far.

From the numbers I'm coming up with fully-modded Sustained DPS took about a 35-40% hit, dropping from around 48-50k to about 28-29k (with damage, fire rate, and magazine capacity changed and one mod changed out for ammo mutation). Burst DPS stayed about the same, but the reload time has quite an effect on how useful the weapon is when the magazine doesn't last as long. And the increased ammo consumption is pretty intense.

I think they could have done better with maybe a 4x increase in ammo consumption instead of the 7.5x they went with. This would put its Sustained DPS around 35-37k, still keeping it significantly ahead of the other syndicate weapons while making it actually have a bit some reasonable trade-offs in ammo consumption and limited range.

Though, thinking on it a little more, maybe with a slightly smaller magazine capacity like it had before or somewhere in the middle.

Edited by Centias

Be my guest and ask for the Ratka Ballistica Nerf. And no you CAN NOT click and spray a room full of enemies with just one magazine with any other secondary. The ammo efficiency that that abomination of synoid gammacor used to have was simply too much. You can certanly one shot multiple enemies with other weapons but not with just one magazine and while sprinting across a room.

Oh and BTW gammacor was NOT fun to play, it was simply easy-for-lazy-bums to use.

I think I'll decide on my own what's fun to play and what's not thanks. I don't need you deciding that for me.

So instead of using the gammacor to clear a room. I'll just use my warframe power to do it. Net result - the same. Your hatred of the gammacor literally doesn't make any sense. 

I'm starting to wonder if any of the people crying about a nerf have actually tested it ingame

I have. I'm now actually forced to use both a mutation AND a pistol scavenger aura to keep this thing useable. The mutation requirement is an understandable nerf, but the aura requirement kills its endgame viability because that means removing corrosive projection to keep using it.