The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Laser/energy Weapons

D.I.E

the corpus arent realy using laser weapons so to speak as controlled bursts of magnatized plasma. So more acurately they're using plasma rifles and not laser rifles. The only thing coming close to this from the tech heads is the Fusion moa's walker form's beam weapon.

Either way it would be intresting to see both possibilities. The grunt's plasma rifles and the moa's Laser beam.

-snip- The grunt's plasma rifles -snip-

HALO ALERT!! sorry, had to be done

any, on topic, I was playing warframe while listening to the livestream, but the Devs did mention being able to make the Corpus plasma rifles in the research labs of the dojos or something like that in U8

Edited by Ninjaboy00

Or Doom, Quake, Star Trek, Star Wars, Predator, The Culture, Fallout, Xcom, Terminator, Warhammer 40k and a thousand other sci-fi series with plasma weapons that work that way.

I was making a joke of Halo because Halo has Grunts, and even though they don't have Plasma Rifles, people will still (hopefully) get the joke and that was also the first game that went into my mind

Edited by Ninjaboy00

If they were to do a laser weapon, something like a high powered sniper rifle with the chance to pass through multiple enemies and burning effects would be good. One shot per clip, does a base of one-hundred and fifty damage, triple for head-shots but in order for it to pass through an enemy, it's damage output has to exceed their health. So for example if you hit a low level enemy, it has the chance to pass through multiple enemies but an enemy with lots of health like any of the ancients or the bosses would not penetrate unless they're all but dead.

I was making a joke of Halo because Halo has Grunts, and even though they don't have Plasma Rifles, people will still (hopefully) get the joke and that was also the first game that went into my mind

Ugh, sorry for jumping down your throat. I don't like Halo, and forgot they had an enemy called that. I thought you where implying that he got the idea from Halo, rather than it being one of the oldest sci-fi cliches ever.

good idea. Plasma weapons is my favourite in sci-fi games. a Plasma rifle or pistol may overpower. you could do that weapons Plasma, do twice the damage of conventional weapons, have little recoil, but if you shoot too much for the weapon overheats, so you have to let it cool down. a bit like in Halo.

good idea. Plasma weapons is my favourite in sci-fi games. a Plasma rifle or pistol may overpower. you could do that weapons Plasma, do twice the damage of conventional weapons, have little recoil, but if you shoot too much for the weapon overheats, so you have to let it cool down. a bit like in Halo.

Or in W40k Space Marine.

Halo was a good casual take on games like UT/Quake etc, throwing some co-op in it. Shaving off skill ceiling to make the game more accessible to people who didn't like getting splattered heavily when they started. UT for new players? It's like deciding to run a marathon barefoot on a road full of glass.