Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Possible "laggy" Host Exploit / Host Generally Has Advantage Due To Client Latency

Pate8

I've noticed that whoever hosts the game (and by extension, whoever is on their team) generally wins the match.

It might be due to latency issues between the clients to the host, such that the host has action/movement/hit priority.

Edited by Pate8

I've noticed that whoever hosts the game (and by extension, whoever is on their team) generally wins the match. It might be due to latency issues between the clients to the host, such that the host has action/movement/hit priority.

I have noticed getting hit by melee attack from some one that is ~10 meters away from me.  Hell one time I got slashed by a gram slide attack when I was in the air several meters above the other player. 

I have noticed getting hit by melee attack from some one that is ~10 meters away from me.  Hell one time I got slashed by a gram slide attack when I was in the air several meters above the other player. 

That's the result of client-side hit detection and lag.

• 4 weeks later...

Update.

I don't know what's going on anymore, I played a few games where I was very laggy and was able to unload shots into stationary targets (due to high latency) and lag compensation registered all shots, allowing me to kill with impunity and a low chance for retaliation.