Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Feedback] Defense Mission Wave Rewards

Nuko_Miko

I believe there is a lot of threads about this subject, but it really is getting on my nerves now... From all the defense missions I did I believe I got more than 10 pages of Hellfire and Heated Charge mods... If I put a cent for each one I got as a wave reward I'd probably upgrade my founder package to Grand master and then some...

From now on I will keep a chart of all wave rewards I get (wave 5,10,15... etc) and post it on the forum. I believe it is not a very hard thing to fix (just change some numbers in the loot tables?) And I also believe that it is an important fix. It just plain old sux when you get to wave 35 on Xini and get the same reward offered as waves 15, 20. 25 and 30 which is a lousy Hellfire mod or something...

Totally agree that this needs looking at.

It;s a major flaw in the defense missions (which are my favourite to run.) 

I singlehandedly kept 3 rank1 guys alive until level 25 yesterday and we got Pistol Gambit.  Wooo.  Talk about underwhelmed.

This has been annoying me for a couple of weeks now. Im so sick of Streamline, Hellfire and heated charge being the only rewards you see. Streamline isnt even rare anymore.

I hope this gets fixed soon.

well yes that's why you dont go above wave 15 until the day that devs can find time to adjust loot tables :p

Yeah I know but that is not a solution... I would expect to get some really rare mods for getting past wave 20 (which actually requires fighting level80+ enemies) like maybe mutlishot and thunderbolt but noooo, all I get is damn hellfire

To be honest, I don't see that much of a problem here, at least the way defense is currently laid out. As it stands, the missions already provide a great deal of xp and loot and even if there was no reward at the end at all, there would still be plenty of incentive to keep going just by all the drops you are getting (note that higher level enemies can drop rarer mods).

Try considering the end reward as nothing but a *bonus treat*.

And I'm saying that as someone who has done several hundred of them and still has never seen a banshee part bp as reward....

To be honest, I don't see that much of a problem here, at least the way defense is currently laid out. As it stands, the missions already provide a great deal of xp and loot and even if there was no reward at the end at all, there would still be plenty of incentive to keep going just by all the drops you are getting (note that higher level enemies can drop rarer mods).

Try considering the end reward as nothing but a *bonus treat*.

And I'm saying that as someone who has done several hundred of them and still has never seen a banshee part bp as reward....

I would partially agree with that but if you calculate the amount of xp/mods verses time you earn in defense missions you would notice that mobile defense missions are even better (like Kappa for example). One would do the defense mission in hopes of potentially getting some added value to the Mobile Defense but that is not working atm.

I wouldn't mind higher rewards for more waves defeated, but currently if something like this were to be added, it would potentially be highly exploitable.

The rarest of mods, like the multishot mods and the like, should not be obtainable on a consistent basis, even through Defense missions. Because really, Defense missions can be difficult to the casual player when they aim to reach Wave 15, but reaching Waves 30 and up can easily be done by something as simple as choosing 3 Banshees and a Frost and Sound Quaking your way to Wave 50. If rare mods like multishots were made regularly available to players after a certain wave, unless it's something ridiculous like Wave 50 and up, high-level players would have no problem consistently obtaining these rare mods, leaving normal players out in the cold. This may not mean much from a PvE standpoint, but oversaturing the top-tier-player-market with tons of rare mods would potentially create a pretty big gap between gear.

The current system for Defense mission wave rewards does not reward players progressively for each completed wave, and although it should, I'm not entirely sold on the idea of super-rare mods being used as that incentive. It breeds exploitative playstyles in order to easily obtain the rarest equipment in the game, and exploitative play is already fairly rampant in Defense missions right now. Nearly every single nerf is being based off of what's doing too well in high-level Defense missions right now; that tells us that something's up in those types of missions.

Edited by MoonicusMaximus

I wouldn't mind higher rewards for more waves defeated, but currently if something like this were to be added, it would potentially be highly exploitable.

The rarest of mods, like the multishot mods and the like, should not be obtainable on a consistent basis, even through Defense missions. Because really, Defense missions can be difficult to the casual player when they aim to reach Wave 15, but reaching Waves 30 and up can easily be done by something as simple as choosing 3 Banshees and a Frost and Sound Quaking your way to Wave 50. If rare mods like multishots were made regularly available to players after a certain wave, unless it's something ridiculous like Wave 50 and up, high-level players would have no problem consistently obtaining these rare mods, leaving normal players out in the cold. This may not mean much from a PvE standpoint, but oversaturing the top-tier-player-market with tons of rare mods would potentially create a pretty big gap between gear.

The current system for Defense mission wave rewards does not reward players progressively for each completed wave, and although it should, I'm not entirely sold on the idea of super-rare mods being used as that incentive. It breeds exploitative playstyles in order to easily obtain the rarest equipment in the game, and exploitative play is already fairly rampant in Defense missions right now. Nearly every single nerf is being based off of what's doing too well in high-level Defense missions right now; that tells us that something's up in those types of missions.

Again, I would partially agree with you. I understand that it would be very exploitable and I didn't mean to have super rare mods as a guaranteed reward but I'd rather see mods like Serration and Hornet Strike (uncommon) instead of all the damned hellfire mods. In addition to that, how are we supposed to GET those rare mods then? I've seen people who put 100+ hours in the game and still never saw multishot or flow...

One more thing, wasting 1+ hours on one defense mission and getting the same reward offered to you over and over is stupid, and that's what I want to see fixed.

Yeah, exactly, it's stupid. I asked time ago, but got no answer: design or bug? Giving me the same flow or hellfire mod...

I have no experience of high level defenses (got no Banshee, got no Frost) :) but MAYBE they make each different defense mission drop a fixed set of mod (let's say xini drops hellfire and flow at much higher probability for the first 15 waves, then comes other 3 mod at higher waves, and so on).

This means that given the number of mods, defense mission rewards do not give all the available mods (too many mods, too few defense mission). <-- I think it work this way.

X is too rare in the game! (Not enough reward alerts! Drop XYZ is just too hard to get!)
We are continually looking at the stats and tuning the drop/rarity tables to give players the best experience. As you can imagine for some things we are offering for sale, we need to be tread carefully between frustrating free players and ruining the value of purchases made by players that can support us.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/5898-warframe-faq/

That being said, they have said in the LS that they are looking at rewards in defense modes, so keep your head up and be patient.