Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ember Vs Non-Infested

Catnip_Addict

Question

I was thinking of getting Ember as my next frame. But the more I look at her kit, the more I'm starting to feel like unless I'm exclusivly playing her against Infested she might not be able to hold her own.

I've watched the crash courses and checked out her wiki page a bit, but I was hopeing to hear from some people who currently are running the Ember frame.

I'm mostly wondering how she holds up against Corpus, and the Grinner bosses. Not to mention the non-infested defense missions.

6 answers to this question

I was thinking of getting Ember as my next frame. But the more I look at her kit, the more I'm starting to feel like unless I'm exclusivly playing her against Infested she might not be able to hold her own.

I've watched the crash courses and checked out her wiki page a bit, but I was hopeing to hear from some people who currently are running the Ember frame.

I'm mostly wondering how she holds up against Corpus, and the Grinner bosses. Not to mention the non-infested defense missions.

From my experience, the frame to handle infested is, simply put, the Rhino. At max level and potatoed the two last skills can be replaced by more mods (since #3 and #4 are useless if you wield an AoE heavy melee weapon). Using a scindo with fire mods, flow, continuity and streamline, not to mention Redirection and Vitality and some Rush + Marathon to boot, you have an infested cleansing monster for any rank. Just iron skin, and jump-attack/charge attack with your scindo and you'll never run out of energy, and never ever die.

Ah, and a Shade with good survivabilty mods + maxed Ghost WITHOUT the Revenge precept is also very good to make infested cluster together in one single place.

Edited by Renan.Ruivo

Sorry if I wasn't clear, while incredibly useful information to have, I'm a bit more concerend about if I do end up getting Ember, will I only ever get to play her against infested.

Shes primarly a DPS frame as I understand but I feel her DPS would falter greatly against things with shields or high armor. I was wondering if this is a problem, and if so what do ember players do to get around it.

The problem with Ember is not really the survivability; it's actually the lack of crowd control since her only method of crowd control is to have the enemies lay down.

So unless you are doing defense or mobile defense, you can just Overheat(and keep it up) then charge into everything (not ancients of course).

I use the Ember almost exclusively (been lazy to farm parts for other warframes)

I can only say this, outside of Infested, Ember is a very weapon-dependent frame. Besides skill 2, I rarely use any skills on Ember on most of my runs against Corpus and Grineer.

If you have her modded for it, you can honestly bring her to any plant and be fine.

From what I've been able to see in-game, Overheat and Fire Blast ignore armor as well.

Just get all the power mods to max rank on her and you'll be just fine.

Ember has better CC against Grineer, actually.

Fire Blast makes humanoids dance for several seconds, and Grineer are all humanoid, but Corpus have MOAs and Infested have Chargers that can basically ignore it and knock you down.

Never count on Fire Blast (or any of her skills, really) to actually kill anything (except low level infested, I guess). Its best utility comes from stunning and weakening humanoid groups.

So no, Ember isn't limited to Infested at all.

General Ember tips:

Fireball can stagger most enemies but you're better off shooting them with a good gun.

Also, World on Fire can stunlock the weaker humanoid bosses (pretty much useless otherwise).

Overheat has great damage reduction (which applies to shields!), especially with Focus, but you'll still get staggered and knocked down just as easily, and it's never going to let you tank like a Rhino.

The main problem is that she doesn't have any skills that can deal significant damage, unlike most other frames that can easily end a sticky situation by hitting 4.

Playing Ember, you'll rely on your weapons to kill anything - but don't let that stop you from spamming Fire Blast and her other skills. She has the biggest energy pool, and liberal use of Fire Blast (and maybe Fireball) to keep groups of enemies under control and Overheat to soak up damage is key to effective play.

Edited by Caiman