The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please Fix Boss Shields

barriertrio

It would be great if all bosses with shields that regenerate extremely quickly could be rebalanced so that they don't derive all of their difficulty from shields that regenerate faster than you can actually deplete them

I would gladly fight an actual pack of 3-5 hyenas, all with triple the current damage and health, if the shields took more than a couple of nanoseconds to regenerate

there might even be some kind of bug at work. recently I fought the hyena with a friend and had few issues, and then immediately redid the mission and struggled to take it down in a 20 minute+ struggle that depleted all of our ammo and ended with the two of us just aborting the mission

even when it didn't feel totally impossible, such as that first hyena attempt or earlier fights against vay hek and the saturn boss, it was still extremely frustrating

i think i heard somebody mention a bug where they wouldnt take damage even if the shields did go down. and other shield worries.

also the shields are their to stress your weapons more than you. make sure you have something that fires fast with large clips and you should be fine.

It would be great if all bosses with shields that regenerate extremely quickly could be rebalanced so that they don't derive all of their difficulty from shields that regenerate faster than you can actually deplete them

I would gladly fight an actual pack of 3-5 hyenas, all with triple the current damage and health, if the shields took more than a couple of nanoseconds to regenerate

there might even be some kind of bug at work. recently I fought the hyena with a friend and had few issues, and then immediately redid the mission and struggled to take it down in a 20 minute+ struggle that depleted all of our ammo and ended with the two of us just aborting the mission

even when it didn't feel totally impossible, such as that first hyena attempt or earlier fights against vay hek and the saturn boss, it was still extremely frustrating

These bosses are generally meant to be tackled by a group. The goal is to have one person doing constant damage with a bullet hose (such as the Gorgon or the Braton, or even Boltor) while other people apply the DPS with HEKS and whatnot.

Doesn't mean they aren't soloable, only that it's harder when you are the same level that they are. Once you're a maxed monster with well ranked mods and everything supercharged you'll be able to Solo the Hyena, Uncle Hek, Nef Anyo and all those guys without an issue.

Boss shields are fine as they are, I can take down Hyena solo with an akbolto, and even a latron, just make sure you pack cold damage, as that does extra damage to shields and slows down the enemies rate of fire, add electrical damage, a decent serration and split chamber, fill the remaining slots as you like. With a gorgon or boltor it is even easier and I am sure I could do it with the paris too, although I have not tried that before, I might give it a test and see whats up.

The basis for any rifle should be a fairly high serration, up to 90-100%, as that sets the base damage for any elemental mods you add on top.

You can only hurt the halal when one of his legs are destroyed...

You are confusing the Jackal for Hyena, Hyena doesn't need the legs taken out.

I seen a bug with jackal where his shields regen almost instantly and he gets up instantly after you break one of his legs. longest boss fight ever for an alert

I posted about this problem with the Jackal already, and it's not a bug: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/41359-jackal-needs-a-significant-change-worse-than-captain-vor/

Currently Jackal has a damage cap to his body after he falls down from one of his legs being destroyed. Your combined weapon damage makes his downed phase so short it appears like a bug.

I'm recommending his downed phase not have a damage cap and have a fixed period of being down.

These bosses are generally meant to be tackled by a group. The goal is to have one person doing constant damage with a bullet hose (such as the Gorgon or the Braton, or even Boltor) while other people apply the DPS with HEKS and whatnot.

Doesn't mean they aren't soloable, only that it's harder when you are the same level that they are. Once you're a maxed monster with well ranked mods and everything supercharged you'll be able to Solo the Hyena, Uncle Hek, Nef Anyo and all those guys without an issue.

Yo did you read my post? My friend and I killed Hyena with no issues and then when we tried it again, nothing changed, it was impossible

Yo did you read my post? My friend and I killed Hyena with no issues and then when we tried it again, nothing changed, it was impossible

No, something did change. If you guys poured on the dps as you did in the other fight then perhaps Hyena is bugged or became bugged, which then should be mentioned over in the bug forums.

Fast regenerating shields otherwise are not a problem, as you said yourself you've already killed him before.

Bosses should have slower shield regen when you solo them. And faster on group missions.

Its boring having to try and keep whaling on bosses the exact same way for every boss. I soloed Vor a couple times for practice. And my first time attacking nef anyo, I knew exactly what to expect

I have only run the hyena a handful of time and the same problem as always happened. To many people bring slow low clip weapons the the Paris. I've been the only person in my last run to go with an automatic and I tend to be the only one that brings shields down. Weapons like the Paris and sniper are great trash killers but useless (unless heavy mods) on hyena.