The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

End Of Rushing, New Type Of Units In Game...

Arlayn

It comes down to this- there is no way to add your idea that would stop a good player while not making the game unfair for everyone else. 

EDIT: Wait what, you don't speak giant ego? Then what's all this about your post being the best anti-rushing solution and how everyone should play the way you want?

Edited by Argoms

Someone lock this thread... I think the people with a big ego are piling up against the door way and spilling in...

edit: Stop talking if you still are incapable of understanding anything I am saying... I did not word it that way and I know exactly what I said in a friendly manner... there isn't a need to start acting all psycho on me like its a religious debate

Edited by Arlayn

Someone lock this thread... I think the people with a big ego are piling up against the door way and spilling in...

Asking for thread lock because you can't back up your argument and then try to attack the person instead. 

Either way, yeah, probably should lock ^^

Here's the correct solution:

If anyone of the four Tennos get separated by ONE meter, they all die.

Fixed for you guys who like to stick together.

That's horrible and has no tactical system built into it...

You're upset that people are better than you, and can back it up.  You brought my skill into this, I showed you how wrong and foolish your comments were.  You are just typing away without giving it a thought.

Your idea will not force everyone into the same position, or together.  I've already pointed out some information why you are wrong, you refuse to acknowledge or even think/correct your original idea.  You are so married to your idea you can't take a step back and think.  Which is understandable, but you undermine your credibility.

I'd say it's about as well thought out as your idea.

Your idea is bad from every perspective in a game. If this were a movie or a book, it could work. However, in a game, the player isn't a puppet that does exactly what you want, and trying to force them down a path arbitrarily just pisses them off.

Here's the correct solution:

If anyone of the four Tennos get separated by ONE meter, they all die.

Fixed for you guys who like to stick together.

Perfect Solution for OP .

Just implement a option that you can check or uncheck when searching for a match, to make it that all the Tennos in the game have to hold each other's hands during the mission .

Edited by Maikky

You're upset that people are better than you, and can back it up.  You brought my skill into this, I showed you how wrong and foolish your comments were.  You are just typing away without giving it a thought.

Your idea will not force everyone into the same position, or together.  I've already pointed out some information why you are wrong, you refuse to acknowledge or even think/correct your original idea.  You are so married to your idea you can't take a step back and think.  Which is understandable, but you undermine your credibility.

No seriously why is everyone talking like that... I am trying to be friendly here and nice... why are you being all so offensive even I cant comprehend why everyone is being so rude...

No seriously why is everyone talking like that... I am trying to be friendly here and nice... why are you being all so offensive even I cant comprehend why everyone is being so rude...

We're not being rude, we're explaining why your idea is wrong.

Your idea of friendly has involved saying you don't speak giant ego, and then trying to say that you know how the game should be played and everyone else has to follow it.

Pshaw.

It encourages teamplay by making Tennos prioritize targets that will jeopardize thier position.

It promotes teamwork by not leaving a Tenno behind.

It discourages lone wolves/explorers by putting the team's needs and goals first.

It is tactical in the sense that you need to plan ahead in terms of positioning and where to take cover.

Pshaw.

It encourages teamplay by making Tennos prioritize targets that will jeopardize thier position.

It promotes teamwork by not leaving a Tenno behind.

It discourages lone wolves/explorers by putting the team's needs and goals first.

It is tactical in the sense that you need to plan ahead in terms of positioning and where to take cover.

Nothing wrong with taking cover on the far side of the room for a sniper though... seems too vicious at least with mine it was enemies ambushing you... heck even Rhino could survive an ambush with his iron skin if he were to blown up, and shock by a laser wall, then blasted with a missile launcher... infact he would still have his shield if he did that. With a high chance of living and killing the two enemies.

To instantly kill, and then have enemies come after you is two different things... sure maybe it would encourage rushing more, but at least it would be more exciting. Sure it could slow players down, but it would give them something more fun to do. Would it really kill the game to be ambushed by intelligent AI tactical offensive capable unit of elite units? No it wouldn't. Could it glitch? not as bad as the two man door...  My idea is just more fun with less glitches... heck even if they spawned in walls, or looking the wrong way it wouldn't be a bad thing...

Edited by Arlayn

You're attempting to identify something as a problem, that is not a problem.  This style of play is completely acceptable, it is exactly as I described already, and again now:

The problem isn't slow people.

The problem isn't normal paced people.

The problem isn't rushers.

The problem is when a group of slow people gets a rusher.

The problem is when a group of normal paced people get a rusher or a slow person.

The problem is when a group of rushers gets a slow person.

If you would like to suggest additional units to be added, that are difficult to take down, fine by all means, they are doing this already and should continue.  To mask it as a solution to a problem, which does not address the problem nor the actual acting forces, that will continue to act on it with or without your proposed change is showing ignorance of the actual issue.

Basically, this is labeled incorrectly.  It is not about rushers/slow people, it is about adding additional objectives, false objectives and more difficult enemies.

Edited by Enot83

Nothing wrong with taking cover on the far side of the room for a sniper though... seems too vicious at least with mine it was enemies ambushing you... heck even Rhino could survive an ambush with his iron skin if he were to blown up, and shock by a laser wall, then blasted with a missile launcher... infact he would still have his shield if he did that. With a high chance of living and killing the two enemies.

I am opposed to this ambush thing since it feels like arbitrary. It feels like another "Your teammate is waiting for you to open the door". I would rather have increased mob count, better ai, and better spawns since (from experience) running fast enough through a level will stop enemies from spawning in certain places. With this, it would blend in seamlessly 

But if you can kill them by yourself, how does this stop rushing?

It just makes it more fun plus slow you down by alittle bit... Most players are only 10ft away from you anyway if they know to run, jump, kick, slide, flip, repeat to keep up. Even if they are not good at that then they are two rooms away. A small fight with two enemies a heavy, and a light sniper should take up some time, especially when they both fire slowly giving you time to jump out of the way. Unless you decide to run away then just have fun getting away from them. then the others would fight them instead. Maybe who knows the guy who is far behind is a pro and manages to finish the duel to catch up with the other two allowing the three to be together as they move on as the fourth runs ahead. Then spawn some enemies to show up behind the one who rushed ahead letting the three to kill them. Whatever they drop is those three players rewards. In the end its all fun and good

I am opposed to this ambush thing since it feels like arbitrary. It feels like another "Your teammate is waiting for you to open the door". I would rather have increased mob count, better ai, and better spawns since (from experience) running fast enough through a level will stop enemies from spawning in certain places. With this, it would blend in seamlessly 

That would just fill the hallways with bullet sponges that run out in the open like a wack a mole game...

SOLUTION:

Just look at racing games like Mario Kart.

The players that are lower in place get subtle speed boosts.

How about in relation to other players, the farther you are from player who is closest to extraction, the more of a speed boost you get?

This only applies to players who are in the 2nd, 3rd and 4th position.

Just put more doors that require more than one person to open. It's an easy to put mechanic that already exists.

So I can have a guilt party? I already feel guilty for the players trapped behind the invisible two man door glitch, while I am the only one who can pass and they can't then I end up finding a second two man door I can't open alone forcing the others to leave then me finishing it alone meaning only I get the alert rewards putting me through a guilt trip for not being able to help them get through. Yeah that feels good on my conscious...

SOLUTION:

The players that are lower in place get subtle speed boosts.

How about in relation to other players, the farther you are from player who is closest to extraction, the more of a speed boost you get?

This only applies to players who are in the 2nd, 3rd and 4th position.

That is a good idea... two rooms away, speed boost.

Edit: I am not being sarcastic I am absolutely serious it is a good idea...

Edited by Arlayn

That is a good idea... two rooms away, speed boost.

Edit: I am not being sarcastic I am absolutely serious it is a good idea...

Running faster is not enough, many times these people are either struggling to kill enemies, just not as good as the faster player, or any other number of reasons beyond lacking the ability to move their character as fast as others.

This also creates other balancing issues and at that point, why even make frames have different speeds to begin with, if you're just going to automatically become faster anyway when you fall behind.  Why put on mods to improve speed, when you know only 1 person needs it to get ahead and thus boost everyone's speed.

The solution is playing with like minded people, you're creating trying to create solutions for something that has already been solved, and again the solutions proposed are not addressing the problem appropriately. 

Edited by Enot83

SOLUTION:

Or

The players that are in first place get horrible boosts OR are the target of a specific attack to knock them out of that place.

AKA Anti Rushing Special Units like this dude says. They specifically target dudes far ahead that are alone.

Or Lotus get's mad at you for not being a team player and you get docked half of the rewards.