Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rescued Tenno Hostage Needs A New Ai

CrazyCanadian24

The title speaks for itself. Get real, the hostage has a gun, he should use it. He also has a brain, so he should use cover. He also has a very tech-y jumpsuit, I'd expect it to give him a weak backup shield or something. Furthermore, he should also prioritize following the Tenno closest to the objective - as an example, lets say that a squad splits into two, with two taking it slow and killing everything along the way, and the other two making a beeline for the extraction point. The hostage should follow the latter two. A movement buff would also work, ATM he seems to be even slower than frost, and that doesn't make sense at all - I mean, hes not wearing a bulky Warframe to slow him down, he should be able to keep up with at least the standard-speed Warframes.

Just to clarify, I don't expect him to go toe-to-toe with heavies and ancients, but I do expect him to not be a dummkopf and run headlong into a crowd of [45] Shockwave MOAs.

[/rant]

People keep saying he...

You know there are 2 models right?

Last I checked, "he's" rarely have C cups.

"He" can be a catch-all term for any person regardless of gender when a gender is not being explicitly described. In this case, yes, there are 2 models of Hostages, but it's less time and less confusing to just type He instead of S/He, especially in longer lines/paragraphs of text (such as this one). I've seen this being used in at least one book to save space and drop confusion. While one could argue the sexism of using He as a catch-all instead of She or they, I don't view it as a long or even a short term problem. 

Argh that hostage -_- 

No self preservation at all most of the time. It's seriously frustrating. Especially when he decides it's safe to stand right beside a toxic ancient. 

Always slightly funny (and very annoying) when they refuse to get in the elevator with you, failed a mission once because the hostage chose to suddenly run out of the elevator right as the squad closed it, and also right as a stampede of moa arrived. 

I agree with the AI needing to be smarter.

The speed of the hostage being slower than the slowest frame is logical.

He/she is not wearing a frame and it is very possible that the frames enhance agility of its wearer.

The presence of a handgun is logical assuming it was given to them by the rescuers (us).

It is thus more logical for him/her to be using our pistols. However, gameplay-wise,  that might make him/her too powerful hence he/she was given an empty pistol (I never seen one fire before). I agree that it is more logical if we gave him/her a loaded one.

He/she should indeed take cover more since he/she should aware that he/she does not have any armor and be more eager to escape the ship, after being held captive for who-knows how long, than to follow his/her rescuers on a sight-seeing trip.

Edited by OoKeNnEtHoO

Would rather we do something similar to carrying datamasses, sling the hostage over your shoulder and haul it with your secondary.  Actually that could also work for capture missions too. Though giving them bullets with their gun and some semblance of survival instinct sounds good too.

Edited by Stanzwick

He should be powerful enough to reliably take out at least one grineer without them running through his shields.

No he shouldn't. He was just in a detention center, dunno how long or if he is at peak physical condition, likely not. How he even got a gun is questionable. His suit is likely a prison uniform. Why would a prison uniform be combat capable?

All this against a trained grineer marine? With full armor and helmet on? Wielding a machine gun?

By any shred of logic the basic grineer marine should be able to rip the hostage a new one.

Does Mag's Pull work on the Hostage without inflicting damage? I don't have Mag to test it out.

I do agree the hostage need a better Ai. Else maybe setting waypoint to trigger the AI to cover or move. but it would be a bit annoying to the other team mate, having random waypoint pointing on their screen.

Does Mag's Pull work on the Hostage without inflicting damage? I don't have Mag to test it out.

I do agree the hostage need a better Ai. Else maybe setting waypoint to trigger the AI to cover or move. but it would be a bit annoying to the other team mate, having random waypoint pointing on their screen.

Waypoint the Hostage, watch him stand in place for lulz while everyone else does other stuff. 

Better yet, Waypoint an enemy and watch him Leroy Jenkins a Heavy Gunner. 

Edited by Drakontis

You guys forget that he IS a hostage. I think in the updates to come S/He will not have a pistol and will not really be in a fighting shape. With that, I do expect the hostage to at least HIDE behind a player. (Also if shade could cloak the hostage as well, that would be AWESOME)

A good change I would think would be whoever finds the hostage, the hostage stays within close proximity. This would encourage the tankier Warframes to look for the hostage and keep him/her protected, while the rest of the squad covers the tank.

FoxnEagle