Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Do You Think About Excalibur Changes?

VanguardT-EN-

It's fine with me. "Working as it was always intended to".

Time to cash in my 1000th post:

Which boot do you start licking first? The left or the right.

Tricky question.

As for the poll - Excalibur should get a revamp for the most part (abilities 1,3 and 4). His 2 either needs to become a reliable CC (no LoS restriction) or have a persistent sphere of CC. Excalibur releases an orb that fires a blinding burst every second for the next 5 seconds (affected by LoS) causing a stun like the current Radial Blind.

His 1 can be a multi-hit charge like in the trailers. Excalibur charges forward (locks targets within range in place) and slashes up to 4 targets (or one target up to 4 times) dealing X damage per slash. At the end of the animation Excalibur regains Y shields per target. Excalibur is invulnerable during the attack animations. The range of the attack is a straight line from the first target Excalibur collides with during his charge animation.

Stuff that can let him survive without heavy crutches should be standard but he almost completely lacks in that regard.

Edited by MaverickZero

check my profile for excal against all other frames I have and youll retract that "" ha ha just you"" cynical reply.  since the whole viver change I only used Excal only once when I used him for everything before<<< go figure>> armor has always been an issue with this frame if you know excal well. and for the poster frame which has the melee buff attached to him he's really lacking in survivability even when you mod him accordingly.

you can basically blind and run away from the fight as his ability suggests and that his isn't worth much in higher levels<< what a frame to be commander>>

LOS will ruin ability centric games theres just too many drawbacks associated with it and many you have seen or experienced many a times<< glitches and bugs just to give you an idea.

take Excalibur to triton and try to do a 3k dig solo with him, that's a standard 30mins on any survival or defense. you shouldnt have any problems with your way of thinking. youll learn a lot about armor scaling while youre at it and I do hope super jump,s invisible addition helps you too.

Edited by ranks21

Overall I like them.

I think it should have been expected that LoS changes make sense and will eventually affect more frames. But still, it works just fine, means I have to be a bit more tactical in when I use RD and RJ.

I like the synergy of his abilities, and I tend to use him as a melee frame with the Radial augment. 

Leap with Stealth I think is great, breaks target locks on you, though one thing that needs to be changed with this is you should be able to use it in the air, so like jump > melee attack > super jump. It would add additional mobility to the frame and many more would probably play him more because of it. No arcane helm needed to go faster.

Slash Dash as well needs to be usable in the air, or just needs to be re-evaluated.

The current faster animations is crazy, and makes natural talent no longer needed. It's great how responsive he is.