Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Turning Off Gore

escape123

Question

22 answers to this question

If the copious amount of gore disturbs you, I'd recommend just using a rifle/pistol mod with a freeze mod. That way your enemies can die in a more "safe" icy and snowy explosion most of the tiime. :)

heehee

If the copious amount of gore disturbs you, I'd recommend just using a rifle/pistol mod with a freeze mod. That way your enemies can die in a more "safe" icy and snowy explosion most of the tiime. :)

Ah, the Mortal Kombat method. I would also have accepted 'turns blood green' or 'gives them balloon animals'. Please select the next category, "Moral Guardian Outrage" or "Video Game Controversy"....

Sagonene

the game doesn't have too much gore so the option would just make the game look fake and not realistic. And if you are below 13 then don't play the game until you are in the right age limit to play the game.

Well i wouldn't mind if enemies died in the fashion where the Bo swings the corpse far away and leaves them in one piece. rather than slicing them the way it is with that gore sound and leaving their parts scattered on the floor. this is not mortal kombat

Yeah good idea, there should be an option to turn off the blood splatter to make it more PG-13 for kids

No blood and gore makes a FIRST PERSON SHOOTER safe for kids? Seriously?! The point of this game is to kill other things. Not exactly a great way to babysit kids. Might as well make a game that turns everything you shoot into fluffy bunnies and teddy bears, that way kids have no reality base at all of what weapons can and will do.

Gore toggles in games are there for good reasons. If you don't want to expose yourself or kids to gore then that is a personal option, not a right or wrong one.

It wouldn't harm anyone to have the option to turn it off. Perhaps when the big updates have died down and they can work on more peripheral stuff, this would be a good option to consider.

I'd like to remove gore just because every little counts when trying to improve framerates.

I am so with you, anything that helps my border-line acceptable graphic card is gold. And honestly, I don't care for the gore itself, though seeing people fall apart is kinda cool.

I like some of the gore effects, but I'm with Argoms in that anything which can help speed up my crappy computer is a good thing.

Also, I feel like this video is now relevant.