Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Request - Amd Mantle Integration?

nezvers16

I'm wondering if down the line could happen AMD Mantle integration for graphic API?
Recently found out that such thing exist and Dragon age: inquisition have it. Difference between having Direct X vs AMD Mantle was like night and day (direct x = playable only on lowest settings, when AMD Mantle allowed set everything to ultra, except mesh on high).

I found out also that new PS and XBOX have AMD graphics cards with AMD mantle support too, so I thought it could be possible for all platforms to have option to have it (PC choice to use it instead of outdated direct X)

I'm running descent desktop PC (with AMD graphics card) and have 59,99 FPS on max settings already, but thought that it could be really amazing option to have.

Cheers, Agnis!

Mantle is a graphics programming library similar to DirectX and OpenGL, except its specifically designed for ATi cards.  Personally I'm against vendor specifically libraries.  DX 12 has the same performance improvements and can be used by all device vendors.

I'm wondering if down the line could happen AMD Mantle integration for graphic API?

Recently found out that such thing exist and Dragon age: inquisition have it. Difference between having Direct X vs AMD Mantle was like night and day (direct x = playable only on lowest settings, when AMD Mantle allowed set everything to ultra, except mesh on high).

I found out also that new PS and XBOX have AMD graphics cards with AMD mantle support too, so I thought it could be possible for all platforms to have option to have it (PC choice to use it instead of outdated direct X)

I'm running descent desktop PC (with AMD graphics card) and have 59,99 FPS on max settings already, but thought that it could be really amazing option to have.

Cheers, Agnis!

PS4 an XBone could run mantle but Sony an Microsoft would never let that happen. XBone will receive dx12 this year so there is possibility that DE will integrate that into the warframe.