Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Reading The Pvp 2.0 Post On The Website....

AlphaSierraMike

"A great example would be deciding to use Volt for speed-running the Cephalon back to base, or Rhino for Iron Skin. Likewise, Frost and Chroma make for excellent base defenders, provided the player has acquired enough energy to use their more expensive abilities."

HAHAHAHA..... anything besides a 4th ability < coptering.

"Melee is by far the most difficult of weapons to manage in PvP, offering tremendous risk for incredible reward. Able to cut down shields and deal quick punishment to the enemy, melee can easily save your life in a heated duel."

Right...... because coptering....

"unlike Primary or Secondary weapons, Melee weapons are deadly under a much wider range of scenarios."

So what that sentence is saying, is that they designed the PvP around melee? Like melee is the primary weapon with a wide range of versatility and primary/secondaries are....well gadgets that should only be used in a niche way? So basically PvP's becoming Dark Soul w/ multiplayer on speed, a melee PvP arena. I though this was a shooter.

Also the last two contradicts each other, so apparently it's most difficult to manage, but the most versatile weapons.... I'm fairly sure, in practice, versatile weapons are easiest to manage, by that i mean you don't have to worry about not being at the right range of engagement before getting killed, unlike Primaries/secondaries right now which feel bloody insubstantial and not versatile at all. There were hardly any instances where I can face a melee user head on, with quite a distance between us, with a rifle, without the other guy coptering in and bashing my head in faster than I could kill him with a rifle because he was zigzagging back and forth and channeling, or use block to escape with little to no damage.

I don't hate slide attack, I hate the speed at which that side attack happens, ie coptering. Hopefully parkour 2.0 or something similar would fix it.

xd, a honest beginners guide to pvp 2.0 would be

Welcome to pvp2.0 tenno bla bla bla

Before starting playing pvp, please remember to follow these steps:

1. As you enter in the pvp matchmaking Hud, go down for the loadout picker, and after you are ready with your equipment, remember to select your pvp sygil, if you havent one yet, go into nearest relay and talk with the chinese guy, failure to follow this step will impede you form obtaining reputation

2. In your firsts matches, make sure to train your coptering, you may want to see some youtube videos because we dont have any official guide to do it, also if you dislike its method of execution, you can always set up a ma, dont waste time doing anything else, you may be some veteran´s profile score fodder and find it boring

3. Meanwhile you are getting more comfortable with coptering, you can exercise grabbing and controlling the energy pools, since you cant copter yet, you may find useful having 100 energy or more, in order to wipe veterans by pressing 4, this also works on newbies like you, dont be shy to press 4 whenever you see them coming towards you, they may look very far away from you, but actually they will need less than 2 seconds to stand right on your corpse, including the time to kill you

4. Dont over look your guns, your guns willl help you kill players as unexperienced as yourself, but if you manage to recognize a copter in your match, stay calm and keep training your coptering and picking energy, you will most probably not hit him with any gun, and if you do, he will not die.

5. Dont try to defend your cephalon´s spawn unless you have 100 or more energy, that is the only way you can stop a coptering player

6. As you end every round, make sure you have filled your reputation meter, its a thin horizontal bar that appears under the scoreboard, once this bar is full, you should visit the chinese again and bribe him so he gives you access to some mods that will help you win in the conclave, along with other interesting stuff

7. Stay up to date in the forums with the less balanced stuff, you may not want to find yourself stuck with your beloved ak magnus, by example, when the lato is far more efficient in every way

follow these steps, tenno, and you will find how entertaining can be pvp2.0

Edited by rockscl